AVS Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 2076 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiOS ConVert /forum/post/16737361

Yes, you can hook them up to Zone 2 - I think surround back... I've got mine setup so that you can select a source for the patio and still have another source in the house.

How do you change the volume on 2 different sources?

·
Registered
137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison29 /forum/post/16753181

How do you change the volume on 2 different sources?

If you hooked everything up correctly, using the original remote... Hold down the shift key (lower left) and press the "Receiver / Zone 2/3" key (upper right) until you see RCV/Z2 on the remote display or ZONE 2 on the receiver. Now you can select the source for the patio and control the volume for that source / zone. I use the "Input Select" key at the very top of the remote to change the source - less chance of getting the remote off the Zone 2 setting while you're working with it.

Hopefully this makes sense. It took me almost 12 months to finally figure out how to control Zone 2, but now it is a cinch. Just work with it, it will become obvious after a few times.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I asked this question a while back but received no real help. Please help~!!!!!

When I turn on my TV my 92 power light comes on, I hear a click then after about 5 seconds the light goes out but the unit never powers up, only the power light comes on, no display, etc.. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHarley /forum/post/16771058

I asked this question a while back but received no real help. Please help~!!!!!

When I turn on my TV my 92 power light comes on, I hear a click then after about 5 seconds the light goes out but the unit never powers up, only the power light comes on, no display, etc.. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming that you are trying to turn on your TV and your VSX-92 with a single command. This is a relatively new feature, and has compatibility problems, especially with equipment from different manufacturers, or older equipment. You did not list what sources and display you are using, which effects on-line trouble-shooting, and what solutions we can recommend.

The manual discusses the "HDMI Control" on pages 65 & 66. In order to correctly use this feature, the HDMI Control has to be turned on on both your TV and your VSX-92. However, not all TV sets have HDMI Control compatibility with the 92, so yours may not work correctly (which is exactly what it sounds like you have).

Since you apparently don't have HDMI control compatibility, your only choice is to turn off the "HDMI Control" on both the TV and the VSX-92 (and BD player, if applicable) and turn both units on with their respective remote controls (or a universal remote, if you have one).

PS -- Your previous request was quite a way back, I'm surprised that no one else responded. This thread does not have a high volume of traffic, so it gets pushed into the background very fast (I haven't seen it for quite a few weeks). However, this same question has been asked on a lot of the Pioneer AVR threads. When something like this happens (with either the source or the display), the first thing to always try is to disable the HDMI Control feature.

·
Registered
47 Posts
CT_Wiebe, My TV is a Samsung DLP 750 and is connected to my Pioneer by way of HDMI. I have tried everything including reading the manual which sucks lol. I forgot to mention when I turn off my TV the 92 turns off, just wont turn on when the TV is turned on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hate to do this, but does your receiver work when the tv is turned on after you power up your receiver? if not you have a wiring issue you need to remedy. Otherwise disable the HDMI CEC/ HDMI control settings on the tv, the receiver, and possibly any sources. That should fix your issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Receiver works great just wont power up when I turn on the TV, only the light comes on, but it will turn of when I turn off the TV.

Question, if I disable the HDMI will it still work? My receiver is connected to my TV by way of HDMI cable.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
We are asking you to turn off "HDMI control" functionality on the receiver (it is on by default). Not disable HDMI. HDMI control function only works with other Pioneer products anyway (TV and player). It is likely that your Samsung's AnyNet (Samsung version HDMI control) is conflicting with Pioneer's version of HDMI control.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quick question to my VSX-92THX friends . . . and I'm guessing I already know the answer. I have my Pioneer DV-48 hooked to my VSX-92, sending DSD for my SACDs and such. What happens when I am using a speaker B setup? Are my speaker Bs getting a plain stereo version of my SACD that is playing in the main room? Or is it getting SACD sound on Speaker B?

I'm assuming I'm just getting a stereo translation on speaker B . . . but I thought I'd ask just in case. Same rules apply for a True HD or DTS-MA Blu-Ray on Speaker B . . . . I assume I'm not getting lossless in my second room?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Does this receiver accept DSD over HDMI? More specifically, does it work with Oppo BDR-83 for SACD DSD?

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Yes, it does accept DSD over HDMI. But it will internally convert DSD to PCM. If you're after direct DSD to DAC without conversion (Pure DSD), get the Elite 94.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 /forum/post/16815124

Yes, it does accept DSD over HDMI. But it will internally convert DSD to PCM. If you're after direct DSD to DAC without conversion (Pure DSD), get the Elite 94.

Bleh.

So what's the benefit of sending DSD as bitstream if oppo can do it itself? From what I read, the DSD -> PCM in Oppo is very good.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Like I said, if you like pure DSD, get the 94 while you can. The newer SC-05/07 models no longer support this pure DSD mode. Remember, in pure DSD mode, you don't get any bass management and MCACC room EQ or any other processings you normally get with other audio formats.

·
Registered
451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 /forum/post/16815831

Like I said, if you like pure DSD, get the 94 while you can. The newer SC-05/07 models no longer support this pure DSD mode. Remember, in pure DSD mode, you don't get any bass management and MCACC room EQ or any other processings you normally get with other audio formats.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinsmeld13 /forum/post/16860525

I now have my VSX-92 hooked up to an Elite 05FD blu ray player, wow works great very happy, sound is spot on compared to the crap ps3.

Please explain the difference you hear in sound with the 05FD vs PS3? Are you using HDMI or Analog? What speakers do you own? I have the VSX-92 and PS3 (sometimes I swap the PS3 with Panasonic BDP-55). I have my eye on a display model 05FD for $300...not sure if it's worth the upgrade.

·
Banned
625 Posts
I have to say that i love

my pioneer elite 92 receiver,i had no problems with connectivity with my samsung bdp-1500 player. The receiver has warm sound to it for music / movies plus, i had it for 1 year all ready not a single issues at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, newbie here. I have a new problem that just started happening. I've had my 92 for over two years now. Never had a problem with it until now. I was watching a Blue ray movie when all the sudden the 92 just shuts down. The HDMI power link is turned off at the BDP, the 92 and the Mistu DLP. This has never happened before. It took an hour to watch 30mins of a movie cause it kept shutting down. I've been watching cable for three hours since then with no issues. I thought that maybe there was a spike in the volume that was causing it but a HD action movie on cable is not causing the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

1381 - 1400 of 2076 Posts