AVS Forum banner

6901 - 6920 of 6949 Posts

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
It works the opposite as you may think. A smaller number means the effect is over a larger frequency range th
an a larger number.

The peak on the left is Q=5, the peak on the right is Q=2.
(obviously, this is not from your avr, but illustrates the example clearly, I think)
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
It works the opposite as you may think. A smaller number means the effect is over a larger frequency range th
an a larger number.

The peak on the left is Q=5, the peak on the right is Q=2.
(obviously, this is not from your avr, but illustrates the example clearly, I think)
Michael
That has not been my experience with MCACC..
I don't have any measurements to back it up, but purely from a listeners point of view, the sound to me sounded tighter..particularly the mid bass..

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's very simple actually..
In the standing wave images you show..all you have to do is press the up button to highlight ":Main" or "Sub"..then press the right side button to highlight The "Q" factor and press the down button to reduce the number down..
Thanks,

so change the Q filter on all 3 areas within each of the options - MAIN, CENTRE, and SUB?

What does the change do? What shall I be listening out for in terms of sound, is it subtle or obvious? Its difficult for me as I dont have the sound engineering knowledge but trying to make the system sound as good as it can.

Really appreciate the comments and you taking the time to respond, thank you.

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
That has not been my experience with MCACC..
I don't have any measurements to back it up, but purely from a listeners point of view, the sound to me sounded tighter..particularly the mid bass..
Q is Q. It may sound "tighter" or whatever. That's why I rely on measurements. Then, of course, adjust to taste.
Michael

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for this.

"so change the Q filter on all 3 areas within each of the options - MAIN, CENTRE, and SUB?"

regards the above change all of them to 5?

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
You can try 5. Since you're doing it randomly (without measurements), see what you think at 9, 5 and 2, then fine-tune accordingly.
Might want to do one channel at a time and just listen carefully to that speaker.
Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
MCACC defeatured since last firmware update?

I have an SC-LX502 for a couple of years and when I recently ran Full Auto MCACC, one of the speaker distances was way off. I know that previously I had manually adjusted these, now however there is no way to adjust them. The only thing that has changed is that I have updated the firmware 1 or 2 times. I am at the current firmware (1081-2020-3070-0011). Can anyone else confirm this feature going away?

Similarly I swear there were more advanced room alignment features as well. All I have now is their "basic" MCACC. This may not be a change for the 502 as I have had several Elite receivers over the years and I may be remembering the previous one. Does anyone have time alignment features in their SC-LX502 MCACC?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks,

so change the Q filter on all 3 areas within each of the options - MAIN, CENTRE, and SUB?

What does the change do? What shall I be listening out for in terms of sound, is it subtle or obvious? Its difficult for me as I dont have the sound engineering knowledge but trying to make the system sound as good as it can.

Really appreciate the comments and you taking the time to respond, thank you.
Generally the changes are subtle...You may have to repeat the tests several times to get a good feel about it..
It does help to have a good audio ear!
:)

Reactions: Martin Roberts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Generally the changes are subtle...You may have to repeat the tests several times to get a good feel about it..
It does help to have a good audio ear!
:)
Hi,

I did it all again with the only difference being complete silence and it finished with Q numbers of 3/5.6 and 6.8. Lower than the previous efforts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Import MCACC?

I had to reset my SC-32 in hopes of setting up the network settings. For some reason I cannot get an IP address when I connect the receiver to my router... I saved my preset MCACC #1 to a USB stick and reset the receiver. Can I import the MCACC back into the receiver?? I am also not sure why I cant get an IP address, I go to the setting on IP address and it sits there and blinks. any advice??

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've read the newer manuals yet nothing specific is stated regarding running Auto MCACC Pro while keeping the speaker settings in the Elite recievers. Can anyone answer this for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bump..

Bueller.....Bueller anyone Bueller :D

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Do any of the Mcacc versions such as advanced or pro, EQ the bass down to 20hz, which would make my Velodyne SMS redundant? If not, how low does it eq subwoofer bass in room?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Do any of the Mcacc versions such as advanced or pro, EQ the bass down to 20hz, which would make my Velodyne SMS redundant? If not, how low does it eq subwoofer bass in room?
Near as I can tell, MCACC Advanced does pretty much nothing EQ wise anywhere near the bass region.

Reactions: shivaji
6901 - 6920 of 6949 Posts