AVS Forum banner

6941 - 6949 of 6949 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
got off the phone with pioneer and was told if you use two subwoofers in different parts of the room (front and rear) before running the standard mcacc (which i have) to set the phase on one sub to zero and the other to 180 this way the receiver hears both subwoofers.

does anyone know what this does and why its a good idea?

thx

·
Registered
741 Posts
set the phase on one sub to zero and the other to 180 this way the receiver hears both subwoofers.

does anyone know what this does and why its a good idea?
It changes the phase, so both sub drivers are moving the same direction.

The front sub pushes toward the back of the room the rear sub pulls toward the back at the same time.

They will naturally be close to 180° out of phase, and that setting corrects that.
Left out of pase they would basically, cancel each other out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It changes the phase, so both sub drivers are moving the same direction.

The front sub pushes toward the back of the room the rear sub pulls toward the back at the same time.

They will naturally be close to 180° out of phase, and that setting corrects that.
Left out of pase they would basically, cancel each other out.
wow . how about that. thank you. greatly appreciate that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does anyone know if the manual MCACC presets override whatever EQ the automated process applied? Or do these manual presets get applied on top of that?

to get easier to hear dialog, what frequencies should I bump up in the center speaker?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if the manual MCACC presets override whatever EQ the automated process applied? Or do these manual presets get applied on top of that?

to get easier to hear dialog, what frequencies should I bump up in the center speaker?
you need to use REW to measure the actual frequency response curve of the center channel

6941 - 6949 of 6949 Posts