AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been experiencing something odd recently- my new Amazon Echo Dot is causing a spontaneous crash/reboot of my N-30 when playing from my NAS. I wasn't quite sure that this really could be the issue, but I've confirmed it many times. As soon as the Echo joins the subnet, my N-30 will reliably crash/reboot within 10 minutes. Powering the Echo down, it runs for hours with no issues just like it always has.

My QNAP HS-210 and N-30 are both wired to the router, so this isn't a wireless issue.

Running Minimserver, BubbleUPNP FWIW.

Any ideas of what could be going on?

Edit: Sounds like a problem common to Pioneer Ethernet interface: board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176005

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am running a QNAP Hs-210 as well and my N50 reboots only on certain flacs.
My WD media player can play these same files with no problems at all.

This is frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
N-50 USB input - no sound

Hi,
I'm trying to use the N-50 temporarily as a DAC via the rear USB input. I get no sound out of it.

Have the driver installed on the computer
Have updated the firmware
Have sound coming from a different DAC on the same computer.
Have sound coming from the N-50 when using other sources than the USB.
The N-50 is selected as the playback device and the volume meter shows that it thinks the computer is sending sound to that device.

Just...no sound.

Swear I used this as a dac once before but I might be mistaken.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong.

I tried to search for this question but all the results had nothing to do with the N-50.

Thanks,

·
Registered
140 Posts
It looks like this thread doesn't have much activity anymore, but I thought I'd try asking anyway. I just picked up an N-50 and would like to play music that's stored on my laptop via connecting to the rear USB input on the N-50. My laptop is an HP Pavillion that runs Windows 10 and even though I've updated the N-50's firmware and installed Pioneer's USB driver on my laptop that is supposed to be compatible with Windows 10, things still aren't working properly. The USB driver seems to be causing some sort of conflict and when you attempt to play music through the USB dac it drops out every few seconds. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions, other than going to an earlier version of Windows or switching to a Mac product? Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am using my N50 with my squeezebox system, using the logictech Media Server (LMS) as the DLNA support. With my Squeezebox Touches, I can pick a genres and it will auto load 500 tracks (that's the limit) to be played. When I tried this with the N50 it sends me into the individual folders of each artist and I have to pick a single track at a time. Is there a way to work around this or do I have to create a playlist? and how do I create a playlist?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi recoveryone,

The UPnP/DLNA Media Interface LMS plugin (by Andy Grundman), hasn't been updated for a long time, doesn't work for everything and can even be buggy. You're much better off going the other way, so providing Squeezebox support for any UPnP/DLNA streamer like the N-50, which will allow you to control it as if it were a Squeezebox type streamer.

The very well supported UPnP/DLNA bridge (by Philippe) 3rd party LMS plugin can do this for your N-50:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ate-UPnP-DLNA-players-with-LMS-(squeeze2upnp)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi recoveryone,

The UPnP/DLNA Media Interface LMS plugin (by Andy Grundman), hasn't been updated for a long time, doesn't work for everything and can even be buggy. You're much better off going the other way, so providing Squeezebox support for any UPnP/DLNA streamer like the N-50, which will allow you to control it as if it were a Squeezebox type streamer.

The very well supported UPnP/DLNA bridge (by Philippe) 3rd party LMS plugin can do this for your N-50:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ate-UPnP-DLNA-players-with-LMS-(squeeze2upnp)
Thanks for the heads up, today as I was going through the settings on the N50 I lost connection to the LMS and it will not come back up. lucky I had my, 4TB mycloud as backup for my whole system, so I had to use its old Twonky system (its Horrible).

Here's a quick video of how it sounds with my system

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Klonatans,

If all you are going to do is connect the N-50 to your network (either by wire with an ethernet cable or by WiFi with the AS-WL300 wireless module), ie, just so you can use the Pioneer ControlApp with your USB HDD still connected to the N-50, then it's not going to make any difference. The Pioneer ControlApp is just a substitute for the stock remote control. Also, the Pioneer ControlApp doesn't even have all of the remote control's functions, as you can only use it to select and control the N-50's inputs (so no advanced setup functions, etc).

If you really do want to speed up browsing and selecting your music files for playback on the N-50, then the only way is to get the music files managed by UPnP/DLNA media server running on another networked device. The UPnP/DLNA media server uses an internal database to manage the music file library, allowing browsing via music categories (such as album, artist, genre, etc), so long as your music files have been correctly tagged with data matching those categories. My recommendation for a UPnP/DLNA media server is the excellent free music file dedicated MinimServer:
http://minimserver.com/features.html

You could use a networked computer to run the UPnP/DLNA media server and either attach your existing USB HDD to it or copy its music files to the computer's own hard drive. This does mean you need to make sure the computer is switched on every time you want the N-50 to play those music files. That's why some people prefer to use a low power network storage device instead of a desktop computer or laptop, that can be left on 24/7 to run the UPnP/DLNA media server, such as a NAS (Networked Attached Storage).

You could even, if you are ok with a bit of (minor) DIY, run a UPnP/DLNA media server on a tiny low cost, efficient & reliable networked computer such as a Raspberry Pi. It's quite straight forward to install MinimServer on a Raspberry Pi and attach a USB HDD to.

The N-50 supports accessing UPnP/DLNA media servers over the network for playback of their music file libraries in two distinct modes:-

1. As a Digital Media Player (DMP), aka 'pull' mode, where the N-50 itself is doing the browsing of the UPnP/DLNA media server's music library via the N-50's Music Server input. So either using the buttons on the box or the stock remote control or the Pioneer ControlApp. In DMP mode the N-50 supports gapless playback. However, the N-50 as a DMP provides a very basic user interface to access the chosen Music Server with:
you can only navigate via the music library's music category folder structure;
it doesn't provide the ability to search individual music file tracks;
the current playlist is always the set of music file tracks at the end of the folder stucture that you've navigated to;
it doesn't allow you to build a playlist using tracks across different folders;
it doesn't allow you to save playlists (nor therefore retrieve previously saved playlists);
no album art displayed on the Pioneer ControlApp, only on the N-50's onboard display.

2. As a Digital Media Renderer (DMR), aka 'push' mode, where the N-50 is told which music files to fetch from the UPnP media server's music library by a third party app that supports being used as a UPnP/DLNA controller, aka UPnP control point, aka Digital Media Controller (DMC). Unfortunately, the N-50 doesn't support gapless playback in DMR mode. However, depending on the chosen (third party) UPnP/DLNA controller app, you'll get a much more sophisticated user interface compared to the Pioneer ControlApp/stock remote control with the N-50's screen, which can include:
ability to search for individual file tracks;
ability to build a mixed playlist, using tracks from any folder;
ability to save playlists & retrieve the saved playlists;
album art displays.

John
Outstanding info Cabello, I wish I had read this first/earlier before all the head banging and frustration set in over the last 24 hours. The DMR part was most helpful as I thought something was wrong with my squeezebox LMS, I am still having some issues in that mode as the LMS will only play one track at a time. With the firmware updating of the N50 (1038) allowed it to play whole genres of music, which is my personal favorite way of listening.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi recoveryone,

Yes, it is unfortunate that the N-50 doesn't support gapless as a DLNA Digital Media Renderer (DMR), ie, when used with a standard UPnP/DLNA controller. In fact, as far as I'm aware none of the Pioneer UPnP/DLNA supporting streaming devices do, including the latest models - shame on Pioneer!

You didn't actually say which LMS plugin you are using with the N-50 streaming the audio files from LMS in DMR mode, but seeing as you've recently posted on the UPnPBridge plugin thread over at the Squeezebox Community Forums I linked to, I'm guessing that one. Reading those posts and if you are still having issues with the N-50 only playing one track at a time, my guess is that you have the UPnPBridge's Gapless parameter for the N-50 set to 'yes' (either by default through the [common parameters] or explicitly through the N-50's own set of parameters that override the default parameters). You need to change the Gapless parameter to 'no'.

This is because under standard UPnP, when operating gapless playback support, the UPnP control point issues one 'play this track' instruction to the streamer just for the first track in the playlist, followed by an instruction to get the streamer to cue the next track before the first track has finished playing. Apart from the last track, it continues to send a 'cue the next track' instruction for every track in the playlist, when the track becomes the current track and before the track finishes playing.

When not operating gapless, the UPnP control point just issues a 'play this track' instruction for each track on the playlist track, waiting for the track to finish playing before sending the next 'play this track' instruction.

The N-50 understands 'play this track' instructions, but doesn't understand 'cue the next track' instructions and so doesn't do anything with them.

I can see how this could have happened going by your last post on the UPnPBridge thread, mentioning you using the pre-defined player profile parameter values for the N-30 as a starting point: I've noticed Gapless is incorrectly set to 'yes' for the N-30's pre-defined profile, as of course no Pioneer streamer supports gapless playback in DMR mode, ie, being controlled by the UPnPBridge's built in standard UPnP control point!

John

PS, I'm Cebolla (onion), not Cabello (hair) :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks again for that info, I will check the settings on the gapless check box and try it again. I really would like to use LMS (currently using 7.9.1) as I can then better control what I am listening to. The Mycloud drive has made backup of each song (doubled), so the N50 will play the same track twice if I don't put on the shuffle mode. Thanks again!!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cebolla, you are the man!!! a quick unclick of the gapless box and boom, all works as it should.

·
Registered
508 Posts
No worries, recoveryone - glad I could help!

BTW, I've mentioned the incorrect Gapless setting for N-30's profile on the UPnPBridge thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks again for that info, I will check the settings on the gapless check box and try it again. I really would like to use LMS (currently using 7.9.1) as I can then better control what I am listening to. The Mycloud drive has made backup of each song (doubled), so the N50 will play the same track twice if I don't put on the shuffle mode. Thanks again!!!!!
Hi
Are you using LMS (Logitech....) with WIN 10 to control the Pioneer n50?
I tried but LMS did not find the player (n50).
Any idea?
Thanks in advance
Regards

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi
Are you using LMS (Logitech....) with WIN 10 to control the Pioneer n50?
I tried but LMS did not find the player (n50).
Any idea?
Thanks in advance
Regards

I am using Win 7 pro 64 bit with LMS 7.9.1 version
make sure you follow the hints by Cebolla, and make sure you uncheck the gapless box on the UPnP/Dlna settings.

Reactions: cmgam

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am using Win 7 pro 64 bit with LMS 7.9.1 version
make sure you follow the hints by Cebolla, and make sure you uncheck the gapless box on the UPnP/Dlna settings.
Hi
Thanks for your advice (and Cebolla), now everything is OK.
Just one more question, LMS "sends" to the player the files as they are (high res. FLAC files) or does any kind of conversion?
Thanks again
Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys

My dad has pioneer n50a and we have a huuuge problem with LAN, I almost give up....

So first of all I have a router tplink wr740n with DHCP on, everything works great so I just connect my Pioneer n-50a and I have server error

In network configuration, I've chosen DHCP: On and when I open that network menu I had: disconnected, dhcp: off etc..

I've read in the manual that I should see that little icon in network options, but i have nothing

On my router, nothing blinks when I link it via RJ-45 cable,

We have the newest firmware

Help me please, it looks like it hasnt got any connection

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
The N50 has been working like a charm, but I have been thinking about Bluetooth. I have an Pioneer AS BT100 that I am not using will that work or do I have to use the AS BT200 as stated in the manual?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am running a QNAP Hs-210 as well and my N50 reboots only on certain flacs.
My WD media player can play these same files with no problems at all.

This is frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Mine used to reboot on certain flac files too until I figured out the problem. I found that if the file had artwork that was too large embedded in the tag, it couldn't handle it and reboot. Strip the artwork out and embed a smaller image say 500x500 pixels and try that.

401 - 420 of 445 Posts