AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine used to reboot on certain flac files too until I figured out the problem. I found that if the file had artwork that was too large embedded in the tag, it couldn't handle it and reboot. Strip the artwork out and embed a smaller image say 500x500 pixels and try that.
Thanks - I stumbled onto this fix last year.
All songs now work perfectly.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
I would like to know what's the last firmware for my n-50A (Europe) and where to download it from.
Searching in Pioneer, the only one I find is from 2015 but for n70 and n50AE (?) there is one from 2018.
What's the difference between n50A and n50AE? Is the firmware the same?
Thanks in advance
Regards

Enviado do meu SM-G903F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey guys (and gals?).

I have a Pioneer N-50AE and was wondering which Direct/Hi-32bit/Up-Sampling settings you thought were best. I only use the N-50AE to stream 192Kbit internet radio (since they removed the DA-converted DAB signal from my cable tv service, but I'd gotten used to DAB/streaming only channels), so it's not the MOST important setting in my ever-expanding setup, but I'd still very much appreciate some tips :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had an N-50 since new and yesterday it seems to have failed with "Error 9" appearing on the display after booting. It shows "Pioneer" for a while, then "iPod" as usual but only for a second, then "Error 9". Beyond that nothing works. No buttons work. Remote is not responded to. A search seems to suggest that "Error 9" is some kind of "DSP communications" failure. Is this a catastrophic failure? The only thing that I did differently from it having last worked the day before was to change the sample rate on JRiver (which pushes to it over Ethernet) from 176.4 to 88.2. HHEEEEEELP. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a custom stream on an N-50AE? I'm referring specifically to the links here. They were supposed to upgrade the streams on TuneIn to 256 Kbps earlier in the year, but after what looked like som testing, with streams switching quality every other day, it never happened...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having a broken N-50 and no reply from Pioneer service whatsoever, I substituted for it a Windows laptop with JRiver MC23 and a Focusrite 2i2 USB DAC. After a day or so of trouble-free use with the same sound quality as the Pioneer and even pushing to it across the network with absolute control over what happens - including changing the volume, proper gapless and so many other things that the N-50 couldn't do (even with that woeful ControlApp), I have come to the very belated conclusion even when it was working, it was a very limited thing that I could do without! Anyone considering buying a Pioneer Network Audio Player just DON'T! A cheap Focusrite DAC and a laptop will blow it into the weeds!

·
Registered
1 Posts
MQA

I have enabled MQA digital out and playing from Tidal HIFI i miss a logo showing when im playing MQA files. I also miss information about sample rates.
Any ideas?

If i dont enable MQA digital out in settings it wont play MQA files, so i guess it works. I just miss information in the display about MQA.

Sendt fra min LG-H930 med Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
Suddenly, my ControlApp (Android) stopped working. The inicial screen appears (connecting), and then, the screen turns black. I have to reinstall the application again to work but, the next time I run the app the same thing happens. There was no change in Android or player so I don't understand what's happening. Every help is welcome.
Thanks
Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Suddenly, my ControlApp (Android) stopped working. The inicial screen appears (connecting), and then, the screen turns black. I have to reinstall the application again to work but, the next time I run the app the same thing happens. There was no change in Android or player so I don't understand what's happening. Every help is welcome.
Thanks
Regards

The problem you describe is a known issue with the Android version of the Pioneer ControlApp and it has been affecting users for 2 months or more. I have recently contacted Pioneer (Europe) about the problem and they have given this response ;-

"Our development team are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. We hope to have this released as soon as possible, and apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime."

I suppose it's anyone's guess what timescale we're looking at for delivery of the fix but it's good to know that Pioneer are now on the case.

regards,
Mark

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi
Thanks
Regards

I experienced the same thing.
Luckily all the Apple version works so I'm using my ipad to control it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
The problem you describe is a known issue with the Android version of the Pioneer ControlApp and it has been affecting users for 2 months or more. I have recently contacted Pioneer (Europe) about the problem and they have given this response ;-

"Our development team are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. We hope to have this released as soon as possible, and apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime."

regards,

Mark
Hi
Same response from Pioneer EU.
Let's wait.
Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, I am currently running an update of my software on my N-50. The thing is taking ages however..... is that right? Anyone ?

Thanks ahead ! Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
Well, let's see if this is a dead group or not
I have a N50A That was controlled with the application Pioneer controlApp.
Now I have a new smartphone with Android 10 and I found out that the program doesn't work. I've tried some Pioneer apps, but so far none work with the n50a. Does anyone know which App works?
Thanks in Advance.
Regards

Enviado do meu SM-A516B através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Well, let's see if this is a dead group or not
I have a N50A That was controlled with the application Pioneer controlApp.
Now I have a new smartphone with Android 10 and I found out that the program doesn't work. I've tried some Pioneer apps, but so far none work with the n50a. Does anyone know which App works?
Thanks in Advance.
Regards

Enviado do meu SM-A516B através do Tapatalk
Hi

All I know is that my N-50-K works with the control app. However, the app does not exist for Android. Only for IOS .....

Cheers, Mike

421 - 440 of 445 Posts