AVS Forum banner

1921 - 1935 of 1935 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What I am referring to is the small hdmi button on the upper right corner. You push that until the preselected hdmi 1-8 source comes up. The system does not connect automatically. Hope this helps.
The back of my Comcast x1 box does not have these buttons you're referring to.

Still can't figure this out and am annoyed. I really don't want to have to run a new HDMI and run direct from Comcast to my tv bypassing the receiver. Then deal with optical out. Would that improve picture quality in any way? If so maybe I'd consider the hassle which means taking the tv down which is never fun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, would be would not be as good. Run me through you turn on. Usually I turn on tv, receiver then cable box. If I remember correctly. You could be having a handshake issue. It is a manor of figuring it out. Have you tried calling pioneer? I remember them being helpful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No, would be would not be as good. Run me through you turn on. Usually I turn on tv, receiver then cable box. If I remember correctly. You could be having a handshake issue. It is a manor of figuring it out. Have you tried calling pioneer? I remember them being helpful.
Calling Comcast and pioneer are my next options I guess. Was hoping I'd have more luck in the forums. Usually I watch TV (Comcast regular cable) and use internal tv speakers for 95% of tv consumption. But when say I rent a movie from Comcast I want surround sound on. This is when I turn the receiver on and because I was already on hdmi2 and the sat/cable input of the receiver normally audio would just come on. The video works fine so clearly the signal is coming through but the audio isn't feeding through my home theater. Once I turn the receiver off audio resumes immediately from the TV's internal speakers.

I've never dealt with a handshake issue before so I may be learning about it now through experience but I'm not quite sure how to confirm that or rectify it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I run everything through the receiver. Cable, movies, bluray player. If you run tv through receiver double check source and hdmi number. I got lucky when frontier put my knew box in the tech and I figured out what to do with what. It is getting a little fuzzy now, it's been a couple of months.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Everyone

I have had my SC-1522 sitting boxed up in my closet for a few years and am looking to finally repurpose it for an outdoor sound system around our patio/pool. What I am wondering is how to actually do this...I don't want surround sound, I want like a party mode where the same sound comes out of all the same speakers. Does ext. stereo setting allow that, so if I hook up 9 speakers and a sub as if I am doing a 9.1 system, will it play all 9 channels with the same sounds? Same power level to each channel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anyone still watching the thread and know the answer to my post above?
I can get ext stereo to play all 5 speakers on my main setup no problem.

I also have two outside speakers set as zone 2 and can get all 7 playing the same source but I've never tried all 9. The system is designed to allow for a 9 speaker setup playing the same source so I don't think you'll have a problem doing what you want to do.

You may need to play with potentially delays on some speakers if your cable runs vary greatly. You might have some speakers 5 ft from your receiver and some 80 ft from your receiver. Not sure how that will work.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
The problem will be getting a MONO signal to all speakers. Probably just need a couple of Y-cables, but I'm never done it.
Michael

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone still watching the thread and know the answer to my post above?
I can get ext stereo to play all 5 speakers on my main setup no problem.

I also have two outside speakers set as zone 2 and can get all 7 playing the same source but I've never tried all 9. The system is designed to allow for a 9 speaker setup playing the same source so I don't think you'll have a problem doing what you want to do.

You may need to play with potentially delays on some speakers if your cable runs vary greatly. You might have some speakers 5 ft from your receiver and some 80 ft from your receiver. Not sure how that will work.
Thanks for the response. When you run in the ext.stereo mode, do you have the same sound coming out of all speakers or is it still stereo with speakers on each playing their L or R of the signal? And any idea if all channels output the same watts in that mode?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The problem will be getting a MONO signal to all speakers. Probably just need a couple of Y-cables, but I'm never done it.
Michael
Thx for that, wasnt thinking about L/R stereo...was hoping in that ext.stereo mode all the speakers played the same sound. If it still plays in stereo, then I might have an issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
All speakers play same sound. I then adjust individual gain accordingly as needed. So if I want a balanced sound I reduce gain on my mains and increase gain on my surrounds. That's all preset for me after playing with it as a memory setup.

It does not play stereo when in ext.stereo mode

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
I have an SC-1222. I just used REW to send a signal to my left front speaker. Ext. Stereo played the signal in the left front and left rear speakers ONLY.
Michael

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone Knows how to get the Finger EQ selections transferred or saved into the 1522K receiver? so that each time I turn on the receiver I do not have to launch the app and tap on load from iControlAV2012 to get the desired sound.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sc-1522

picked up this receiver for cheap. Tried doing updates but no such luck. Can't get sounds to come through speakers not even the mcacc will initiate. Please help

1921 - 1935 of 1935 Posts