AVS Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1261 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
SC-75 - HDMI Out 2 audio

I can't figure out how to get sound to my second TV via the HDMI out 2 port while the receiver is on. It sends the audio when it is powered off but nothing when on. Im using the TV speakers on the second TV and 7.1 on the main TV. Shouldn't the receiver pass the audio to my second TV through the HDMI cable while the receiver is on? Am i missing something? :confused:
I understand that no audio will be sent to any Zone using digital cables. You need to connect your second Tv with RCA composite or component cables.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I understand that no audio will be sent to any Zone using digital cables. You need to connect your second Tv with RCA composite or component cables.
I don't believe that is correct. I have a TV on HDMI Out1 and a projector on Out2 and if I remember correctly, both have sound being passed to them. It just sounds terrible so those devices are muted. I will verify this tonight.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
SC-75 - HDMI Out 2 audio

I can't figure out how to get sound to my second TV via the HDMI out 2 port while the receiver is on. It sends the audio when it is powered off but nothing when on. Im using the TV speakers on the second TV and 7.1 on the main TV. Shouldn't the receiver pass the audio to my second TV through the HDMI cable while the receiver is on? Am i missing something? :confused:
Hi howey1212, with the receiver on HDMI Out cannot produce sound over connected speakers and have sound go to the TV speakers at the same time.

To pass HDMI input audio with reciever on, set HDMI Audio from "Amp" to "Through" in the audio parameter menu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi howey1212, with the receiver on HDMI Out cannot produce sound over connected speakers and have sound go to the TV speakers at the same time.

To pass HDMI input audio with reciever on, set HDMI Audio from "Amp" to "Through" in the audio parameter menu.

So I cant play sound through the speakers connected to the receiver in one room and have sound via hdmi out 2 on the TV speakers in second room? If so that sucks :mad: I was able to do it with my 10 year old Yamaha amp.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
So I cant play sound through the speakers connected to the receiver in one room and have sound via hdmi out 2 on the TV speakers in second room? If so that sucks :mad: I was able to do it with my 10 year old Yamaha amp.

Yamaha and Sony receiver had the option of AMP+TV. If you haven't yet, try HDMI Out 3 (HD Zone) instead of HDMI Out 2.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't know about the -75, but on my -77, I am able to use two independent (or simultaneous!) devices using HDZone to two different TVs/projectors. Audio is always passed through on HDZone. I have a second receiver (Denon, in this case) connected to HDZone and it works flawlessly.

I hope that helps!

IBJamon

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry, I think this may have been covered before, some of the replies to the older posts are showing empty for me. I just purchased a SC-75 from a fellow member who got it as open box special. It did not come with the mic. This SC-75 will be replacing my SC-55 that needs repaired. Any problems using the mic from the SC-55 on the SC-75?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Greetings all,

I've got an SC-77. I'd like to know the best method to directly connect my Macbook for music play. What port on the rear of the SC-77 would work best, and what output from the Macbook?

Thanks
B

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings all,

I've got an SC-77. I'd like to know the best method to directly connect my Macbook for music play. What port on the rear of the SC-77 would work best, and what output from the Macbook?

Thanks
B
If you have a recent Macbook, then it probably has HDMI, which will work fine.
If you want information with more certainty than that, then we will need to know WHICH MacBook you have (exact model).

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Macbook Pro is of the mid 2012 vintage. An antique. The port options appear to be (1 ea.) FireWire 800, (1 ea.) Thunderbolt, and (2 ea. 2.0) USB.
I suspect I'd need some adapter to get to HDMI, if that'll even work (?).

Thanks
B

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
This (and an HDMI cable -for extra reach) and jam into an unused HDMI port at the back of the receiver? Sounds easy-peasy. Is that all there is to it?

Thanks
B
That should be about it.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Lost Network Connection

I was playing around with a new streamer the other day and borrowed the Cat cable from the back of my SC-79. I later plugged it back in and now for the life of me I cannot get a network connection back. I've plugged it into another port on the switch, turned networking on and off within the setup menu, restarted the router and switches in between. I had an IP reservation set in my router and I even deleted that. Maybe it's just coincidence and SC's network adapter had already failed prior to borrowing the plug but, I used it fairly often to adjust volume or look at source output, etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was playing around with a new streamer the other day and borrowed the Cat cable from the back of my SC-79. I later plugged it back in and now for the life of me I cannot get a network connection back. I've plugged it into another port on the switch, turned networking on and off within the setup menu, restarted the router and switches in between. I had an IP reservation set in my router and I even deleted that. Maybe it's just coincidence and SC's network adapter had already failed prior to borrowing the plug but, I used it fairly often to adjust volume or look at source output, etc. Any suggestions?
I've had this issue before. It was resolved on my sc-75 by pulling the power to the receiver after everything else was plugged in a ready to go, waiting about 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Sounds simple, but it worked.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I've had this issue before. It was resolved on my sc-75 by pulling the power to the receiver after everything else was plugged in a ready to go, waiting about 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Sounds simple, but it worked.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that a couple times but, I don't recall if it was while everything was ready to go. I'll try it that way when I get home this evening. I'm really hoping I don't have to box this thing up and send it back. I just got rid of a nightmare with a Marantz SR7008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
This may have been covered before, but I was wondering if there is a way to output stereo sound from something like a record player or ipod to both the front and surrounds of a 5.1 setup at the same time.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just purchased a Pioneer SC-81 AVR. I'm trying to run MCACC but I can't get the android phone app to run properly. Apparently it appears that it is not reading the IP address from the receiver. I have no idea what is going on other than the app isn't working properly. I don't want to spend an extra $200 for Best Buy to come set it up properly. If I have to I will.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
This may have been covered before, but I was wondering if there is a way to output stereo sound from something like a record player or ipod to both the front and surrounds of a 5.1 setup at the same time.
Hi scrottle, for sound out of all of your speakers use "Ext. Stereo".

On the remote press Receiver and then press the Adv Surr button multiple times until you see Ext. Stereo on the display.

1041 - 1060 of 1261 Posts