AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. Let's not screw up future releases, like '300.'

We want high bitrate video (AVC or VC-1) AND Lossless sound.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Warner, earn our money by giving us the product we deserve. HIGH BITRATE VC-1/AVC with PCM lossless at the least, TrueHD also OK. BD50 100% of the time. Do this for your customers. Do this for your fans. Blu-Ray movies outsell hd-dvd by a huge margin from warner, WE are your #1 customers in the HD game, and WE are getting screwed. Please do not screw us warner.

·
Registered
633 Posts
it should be a plae to all studios

50GB, PCM/TrueHD, VC1/AVC

·
Registered
566 Posts
Agree with every post here.

Warner, if you don't want to compromise IME functionality in HD-DVD, then don't compromise picture quality in your Blu-ray releases.

Be fair.

·
Registered
530 Posts
As much as I'd love this, warner has more of a vested interest in HD DVD (some royalties go to them, while none do on BR, iirc), so I doubt they'll listen to their customers on this one...

I wish BD50 with high bitrate AVC/VC-1 and some sort of lossless audio was the standard in the industry, but I think this sort of stuff is going to continue as long as there are two formats out there. Disappointing, indeed.

Regardless, I'll add my name to this plea.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do it right Warner! Stop skimping on Blu Ray versions.

·
Registered
493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPforMe /forum/post/0

With all the whining maybe they should just go back to releasing exclusively for HD DVD.

That would rock.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Come on now. How bout a plea for Sony and Disney to use their entire discs as well.

I've seen some of the lack luster releases. One that comes to mind is FLIGHTPLAN.

The standard DVD has more features than the Blu Ray Version of the film.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPR Jose Ortiz /forum/post/0

Come on now. How bout a plea for Sony and Disney to use their entire discs as well.

I've seen some of the lack luster releases. One that comes to mind is FLIGHTPLAN.

can't expect all the discs to be done perfectly, but in most of our opinions warner isnt even trying.

also i think quite a few of us dont care about extra features. they'll just make you double dip in the future on extras.

·
Registered
631 Posts

Quote:

to hell with features, we want High Quality releases with good PQ and lossless sound, not one of those badly ported HD DVD releases with low bitrates, macro-blocking and banding issues. Sony and Disney are the only ones giving us Reference PQ and AQ releases. First that, then they can Feature as much as they want!

Signed!

·
Banned
676 Posts

Quote:

Flightplan is VC-1. And i didnt buy into Blu-Ray to watch 480i extras and special features. Get rid of that garbage.

·
Registered
393 Posts
If there is extra space on a BD then why not pack it with as much extras as possible without compromising the movie and sound?

Badly ported?! HMMM!

Three words?

Coming to America

All that space and it looks worse on Blu Ray.

Look. The HD DVDs are packed in pretty tight with lots of extras. Blu ray...not so much.

You can't ask for more when Blu Ray doesn't really give it.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts