AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I agree, but if you want someone that matters to MAYBE notice this plea you should add a real petition somewhere. However like someone else mentioned, this should go for the other studios as well, and not to skimp on extras that are already available on the standard DVD, there should be NO reason whatsoever NOT to include those on the blu-ray versions! (Sure - on the HD DVD versions, because many times it doesn't have the capacity to hold all extras and the movie on one disc...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
oh no not another one of these.


you guys should also email fox what was their last bd50?


shh whens their next movie?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjornK /forum/post/0


(Sure - on the HD DVD versions, because many times it doesn't have the capacity to hold all extras and the movie on one disc...)

yah matrix with a truehd track has no extras on the hd side


NOT!

/borat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Yep, I totally agree. For me, I want the HIGHEST QUALITY PQ & AQ no matter what. Extras are nice, but NOT at the expense of PQ or AQ. Any Warner title from here on out won't be a blind buy for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPR Jose Ortiz /forum/post/0


If there is extra space on a BD then why not pack it with as much extras as possible without compromising the movie and sound?


Badly ported?! HMMM!


Three words?


Coming to America

All that space and it looks worse on Blu Ray.


Look. The HD DVDs are packed in pretty tight with lots of extras. Blu ray...not so much.

You can't ask for more when Blu Ray doesn't really give it.

You're talking Paramount, no wonder then, it's every bit as bad as Warner, in fact, they are the only studios releasing BD movies without HD sound, how ironic!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Someone should start an online petition. I'd definitely sign that.


Edit: Or better yet, we should petition the BDA to include in their spec a minimum of high bitrate AVC, LPCM, and BD50.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Ok guys....Imma step out of this thread.

Just don't ask for more when Blu Ray gives you less.

That Blu Ray 50 Disc is like a Big Grab of Munchos; 30% more bag (space!)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPR Jose Ortiz /forum/post/0


Ok guys....Imma step out of this thread.

Just don't ask for more when Blu Ray gives you less.

That Blu Ray 50 Disc is like a Big Grab of Munchos; 30% more bag (space!)

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.


Extras are for chumps. Plain and simple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
Also make sure that everything is in surround sound and ALL content on the discs are in HD. This is supposed to be next generation, so we should not see anything from the last.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBee /forum/post/0


Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.


Extras are for chumps. Plain and simple.

Extras are for chumps is your comeback to my comment?

Sooooh! You wanna pay $40.00 for the movie with no extras; Go ahead.

Ill stick with the brand that has been consistant and does it right the first time... Ill give you a hint; Its not the brand that released The 5th Element and now has to take every copy back because it completely stunk.


Someone had to make a deal with Satan to get that Blu Ray re-released!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Doesn't mean that Best Buy or Circuit doesn't havem for that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,233 Posts
10gb or less for the extras, 40+gb for the movie. High bitrate avc/vc1 with pcm,/lossless soundtrack. Is it really that hard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,183 Posts
Will you guys stop already. Warner has made some great HDDVD, so dont act like all the HDDVD Warner titles are bad, and then they get ported to blu. Does Warner get any credit at all?


I agree make the best on BOTH formats, but this BLAME hddvd crud is just silly.


Format wars just bring out the ugly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
You can put me down for a signature.


I filled out this survey from Warner on 06/04 stating almost exactly what every person has said here with regards to FULLY supporting Blu-ray. That means lossless audio, high bit-rate video, and having true release parity with HD DVD.


There doesn't need to be any format bashing, just let them know what you want to see in all of their Blu-ray releases. Who cares what they do for anyone else? Just let them know what you want. After all, the bottom line for Warner is to sell a product to you and I to make money. And for that money, it should be the product we want.


Why not really make yourselves heard and fill out the comments section of the survey I linked to!


And, yes, it's a real survey. It was in the "Experience the Hi Def Difference" newsletter from Warner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombthroat /forum/post/0


You can put me down for a signature.


I filled out this survey from Warner on 06/04 stating almost exactly what every person has said here with regards to FULLY supporting Blu-ray. That means lossless audio, high bit-rate video, and having true release parity with HD DVD.


There doesn't need to be any format bashing, just let them know what you want to see in all of their Blu-ray releases. Who cares what they do for anyone else? Just let them know what you want. After all, the bottom line for Warner is to sell a product to you and I to make money. And for that money, it should be the product we want.


Why not really make yourselves heard and fill out the comments section of the survey I linked to!


And, yes, it's a real survey. It was in the "Experience the Hi Def Difference" newsletter from Warner.

Good post!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombthroat /forum/post/0


You can put me down for a signature.


I filled out this survey from Warner on 06/04 stating almost exactly what every person has said here with regards to FULLY supporting Blu-ray. That means lossless audio, high bit-rate video, and having true release parity with HD DVD.


There doesn't need to be any format bashing, just let them know what you want to see in all of their Blu-ray releases. Who cares what they do for anyone else? Just let them know what you want. After all, the bottom line for Warner is to sell a product to you and I to make money. And for that money, it should be the product we want.


Why not really make yourselves heard and fill out the comments section of the survey I linked to!


And, yes, it's a real survey. It was in the "Experience the Hi Def Difference" newsletter from Warner.

Done and done. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,846 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...post10714487


This answer from me (below) is kinda related to this ^ ^question above which was posted on a Blood Diamond thread that has already been locked.


Oink, if you are supporting both formats it is cheaper to reuse an existing low bit rate stream that fits on HD-DVD than to create a separate one that utilizes BD capacity. If you are not trying to reuse a stream and are only supporting Blu-ray, it is cheaper to use a higher bit rate encode since it requires less compression customization.


However, Mr. Oink, WB's current stance in the format war is quite entrenched so currently I'm trying to warn them that day-and-date VOD will take consumer attention away from high-definition formats, which is what we are all here for.


It appears my efforts are to no avail after hearing Kevin's comments to Deutsche Bank Securities Media and Telecommunications Conference on Monday.



BTW, I plan to get myself a new digital camera sometime this year so I can post a picture of my coyote because I'm getting jealous that Dave Mack's ( http://www.myspace.com/francesca39sbrother - sweeet sound) dog Buffy is getting WAY too much face time on AVS compared to other canines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man /forum/post/0

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...post10714487


This answer from me (below) is kinda related to this ^ ^question above which was posted on a Blood Diamond thread that has already been locked.


Oink, if you are supporting both formats it is cheaper to reuse an existing low bit rate stream that fits on HD-DVD than to create a separate one that utilizes BD capacity. If you are not trying to reuse a stream and are only supporting Blu-ray, it is cheaper to use a higher bit rate encode since it requires less compression customization.


However, Mr. Oink, WB's current stance in the format war is quite entrenched so currently I'm trying to warn them that day-and-date VOD will take consumer attention away from high-definition formats, which is what we are all here for.


It appears my efforts are to no avail after hearing Kevin's comments to Deutsche Bank Securities Media and Telecommunications Conference on Monday.



BTW, I plan to get myself a new digital camera sometime this year so I can post a picture of my coyote because I'm getting jealous that Dave Mack's ( http://www.myspace.com/francesca39sbrother - sweeet sound) dog Buffy is getting WAY too much face time on AVS compared to other canines.

Agree, but Warner does NOT have to use a cheap low bit rate stream. You cant say ALL the Warner HDDVD's are horrible, and being ported to BD. So, the question for me is, why did they choose it? I dont think its because of HDDVD specs. Sometimes the answer can be simple, they screwed the pooch on this release, just like Fifth Element, and a number of other poor choices various studios have made.
 
21 - 40 of 106 Posts
Top