AVS Forum banner

9481 - 9500 of 9503 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Does the material the speaker stands are made of make any difference to the sound? I found these 18" stands, which are about right for placement in my room. They have a nice large top plate and support up to 99 lbs, but the pillars are aluminum and the plates are tempered glass. Think these would be okay?
18" Speaker Stands
Those look nice!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Now that my PSA speaker package has been ordered, I have turned my attention to my bass situation. I currently have a single Hsu VTF-15H MK2, and I would like to go dual subs. Is it possible to mix in a PSA subwoofer with it, or would I be better served by getting another matching Hsu sub?

Also, my theater is open to my entire basement that is oblong and has an odd shape. The entire space is around 800 sq ft. What would be the best placement of the dual subs in this room?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
@Munkee Boy you had better download REW. It is free, and has a room simulator. It can help you get started. You should get a UMIK or other mic if you really want to dial them in. So many variables in any room, so hard to tell from picture where best options would be. Mixing subs is not my expertise, as I went with PSA subs. Love me some PSA speakers too!

·
Registered
317 Posts
@Munkee Boy you had better download REW. It is free, and has a room simulator. It can help you get started. You should get a UMIK or other mic if you really want to dial them in. So many variables in any room, so hard to tell from picture where best options would be. Mixing subs is not my expertise, as I went with PSA subs. Love me some PSA speakers too!
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will check it out. Is it very user friendly? Just looking at the website, I am not an audiophile, so I may not understand a lot of the info that the program provides. I just want a system that sounds good and doesn't break the bank too much. With all I spent on my upgrades, I need to make sure the wife is happy with the final outcome!

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,064 Posts
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will check it out. Is it very user friendly? Just looking at the website, I am not an audiophile, so I may not understand a lot of the info that the program provides. I just want a system that sounds good and doesn't break the bank too much. With all I spent on my upgrades, I need to make sure the wife is happy with the final outcome!
If this hobby was easy everybody would be doing it. Read the guide, then read it again, then have it open while youre using it. How difficult it is to use will be directly related to your ability to use it ;) You dont have to use REW, but then youre just guessing. If that's good enough then youre set. The truth is, if you dont know it sounds bad, does it?

·
Registered
317 Posts
If this hobby was easy everybody would be doing it. Read the guide, then read it again, then have it open while youre using it. How difficult it is to use will be directly related to your ability to use it ;) You dont have to use REW, but then youre just guessing. If that's good enough then youre set. The truth is, if you dont know it sounds bad, does it?
Point taken, UMIK on the way, thanks! Please don't tell my wife I spent more money...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking hard about purchasing a PSA Tower setup (a pretty small room with an Optomox P2 UST projector on a 120" screen and I have a couple questions if I may.

Looking at:
  • 2x MT-110SR L/R
  • 1x MTM-210C Center (just have to figure out how to mount this along with an UST projector as they will mostly want to occupy the same space)
  • 2x MT-110SR (Atmos Height)
Already have a Rythmik E15
  • 2x SVS Ultra surrounds - so I can experiment with bipole/dipole/duet mode. My options for mounting anything rear of the listening position get difficult.
  • Denon AVR-X4700H (upgrading from my AVR-X4000 so I can do 4k)

Question1: Is the MT-110SR a good height speaker mounted near the ceiling on the left/right walls ? Probably starting with only about 2-3' in front of the listening position. I may consider adding more front height speakers at the same height later closer to the LCR speakers.

Question2: What VESA 200 mount do you recommend? For the MT-110SR I would ideally want something that can extend from the wall a bit (maybe 6-12") and allow the speaker to be rotated in 3d space to angle a bit. Can you recommend a mount?

Thank you all

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,488

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anyone come from Paradigm Prestige to these? I'm comparing some used Prestige 85F towers and 45C center to new PSA MTM210T and 210C. Are about the same pricing.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Just got an Email from Tom, my China Cabinet 210's just shipped.

Edit: Forgot I had ordered them for a while. The 110’s crush my room

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking hard about purchasing a PSA Tower setup (a pretty small room with an Optomox P2 UST projector on a 120" screen and I have a couple questions if I may.

Looking at:
  • 2x MT-110SR L/R
  • 1x MTM-210C Center (just have to figure out how to mount this along with an UST projector as they will mostly want to occupy the same space)
  • 2x MT-110SR (Atmos Height)
Already have a Rythmik E15
  • 2x SVS Ultra surrounds - so I can experiment with bipole/dipole/duet mode. My options for mounting anything rear of the listening position get difficult.
  • Denon AVR-X4700H (upgrading from my AVR-X4000 so I can do 4k)

Question1: Is the MT-110SR a good height speaker mounted near the ceiling on the left/right walls ? Probably starting with only about 2-3' in front of the listening position. I may consider adding more front height speakers at the same height later closer to the LCR speakers.

Question2: What VESA 200 mount do you recommend? For the MT-110SR I would ideally want something that can extend from the wall a bit (maybe 6-12") and allow the speaker to be rotated in 3d space to angle a bit. Can you recommend a mount?

Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
EDIT. Quoted wrong post.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Please hook them up ASAP and report back. I am also upgrading from 110's to 210's, very excited to hear your impressions.
To be honest with you I am not expecting a huge difference. I am only doing the upgrade because I was curious about the new compression drivers. I was just going to upgrade the 110's and the added cost to try the 210's was so minimal I figured why not get another 10'' driver and only need half the power for the same listening level. Plus they look cool. I wont be able to hook them up immediately as I will have to build some stands for them.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
9481 - 9500 of 9503 Posts