AVS Forum banner

45841 - 45860 of 57919 Posts

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
I’ve got a local craigslist guy selling a V3600I for $1,500. Mint condition. It has 3 years left on the warranty. Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on this older model. I wouldn’t want to pay that amount if it’s worth paying more for the newer model. All this sealed talk again has a guy second guessing himself 🤔

Just seeing the ad got me all excited as if I already bought it but seems dual v1811 or 15v is more in my future, I couldn’t not ask you fellas once I saw the posting.
That's a great deal IMO. I would jump on that. Three years left on the warranty... most companies only offer a two or three year warranty on new products so you're good there. The newer V3611 at $750 more will give you XLR connections and a trigger (most likely neither of which you will need) but really that's about it. So unless you actually plan on selling or trading in what you already have and switching to sealed then this would be a great addition.

My advice to anyone is stick to what you like. Just because some of the guys out there like sealed over ported... or ported over sealed doesn't mean that's the best choice for you. Right now there is a trend pushing sealed in this thread... A few years ago there was a trend pushing ported. Right now some PSA guys are excited about their sealed subs while a lot of the JTR and Rythmik guys seem really excited about their ported subs. In the end you're the only one that matters because none of us are in your room listening to your subs.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My understanding is the xx01 series with the higher xmax drivers have about a 3 dB advantage down low over the xx00 series? Whereas the xx01 versus xx11 difference is indeed just the xlr inputs and 12 volt trigger and output performance remains the same.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's a great deal IMO. I would jump on that. Three years left on the warranty... most companies only offer a two or three year warranty on new products so you're good there. The newer V3611 at $750 more will give you XLR connections and a trigger (most likely neither of which you will need) but really that's about it. So unless you actually plan on selling or trading in what you already have and switching to sealed then this would be a great addition.

My advice to anyone is stick to what you like. Just because some of the guys out there like sealed over ported... or ported over sealed doesn't mean that's the best choice for you. Right now there is a trend pushing sealed in this thread... A few years ago there was a trend pushing ported. Right now some PSA guys are excited about their sealed subs while a lot of the JTR and Rythmik guys seem really excited about their ported subs. In the end you're the only one that matters because none of us are in your room listening to your subs.
Perhaps you misread, but the sub for sale is the V3600i, not the V3601.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I wonder if Tom has been reading the thread lately? Or is he avoiding the data-bass questions? lol

Reactions: iceatola

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Hello psa family! Its been forever since i have posted but i been sick and off work for 2 day so i finally found some time to get some movies going and listen to the system. I have missed soooo much its to the point where it would be impossible for me to catch up on the thread. Today is my last day off so ima just make it complete movie day all day. Anyone have any suggestions on bass flicks that recently came out? Say in the last 8 weeks or so? I watched alien covenant yesterday and theres a part where a ship is decending with some sub 20hz content. I could just feel the bass as if i could almost count the waves coming at me. I rewinded and replayed the scene with a flashlight on one of my t18s, and i was suprised to see how little the woofer really moved. Its almost like i forgot how beastly the ol t18s were! I def put a smile on my face and gave me bass craving for sure!

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Hello psa family! Its been forever since i have posted but i been sick and off work for 2 day so i finally found some time to get some movies going and listen to the system. I have missed soooo much its to the point where it would be impossible for me to catch up on the thread. Today is my last day off so ima just make it complete movie day all day. Anyone have any suggestions on bass flicks that recently came out? Say in the last 8 weeks or so? I watched alien covenant yesterday and theres a part where a ship is decending with some sub 20hz content. I could just feel the bass as if i could almost count the waves coming at me. I rewinded and replayed the scene with a flashlight on one of my t18s, and i was suprised to see how little thw woofer really moved. Its almost like i forgot how beastly the ol t18s were! I def put a smile on my face and gave me bass craving for sure!
Glad you are still alive and kicking. Wondered where you went. :)

Ready Player 1 is a must!!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Glad you are still alive and kicking. Wondered where you went. :)

Ready Player 1 is a must!!
Ya buddy im still here ha!

Hopefully now that its getting cold out ill have more time (and excuses lol) to shack up and get the system rocking more.

I agree with ready player 1 i loved the aduio! What a ride that was! Good recomendation as ill prolly give it a rewatch today

Reactions: CallingMrBenzo

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hello psa family! Its been forever since i have posted but i been sick and off work for 2 day so i finally found some time to get some movies going and listen to the system. I have missed soooo much its to the point where it would be impossible for me to catch up on the thread. Today is my last day off so ima just make it complete movie day all day. Anyone have any suggestions on bass flicks that recently came out? Say in the last 8 weeks or so? I watched alien covenant yesterday and theres a part where a ship is decending with some sub 20hz content. I could just feel the bass as if i could almost count the waves coming at me. I rewinded and replayed the scene with a flashlight on one of my t18s, and i was suprised to see how little the woofer really moved. Its almost like i forgot how beastly the ol t18s were! I def put a smile on my face and gave me bass craving for sure!
Greatest Showman
Sicario Day of the Soldado
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

With your 12 18" drivers they don't need to move much to deliver significant volume

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Greatest Showman
Sicario Day of the Soldado
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

With your 12 18" drivers they don't need to move much to deliver significant volume

Good rec with sicario! I havent that one yet. Ill have to check it out

Ya i know they dont have to move much its just been a while since i got to watch a movie with any real ULF. when that scene happened i thought to myslef man i bet them woofs are going crazy but in reality they were barely moving. Made me remember what they could really do down low

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Post #45605 was your reply I believe.
That question in that post was about the new low port tune sub that he might build which may or may not happen. But others were talking just recently about taking his current S7201 flagship to data-bass but never got response so that's why I asked. There has been a lot of talk comparing psa flagship to the jtr in other threads if they can make top 10 on data-bass.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That question in that post was about the new low port tune sub that he might build which may or may not happen. But others were talking just recently about taking his current S7201 flagship to data-bass but never got response so that's why I asked. There has been a lot of talk comparing psa flagship to the jtr in other threads if they can make top 10 on data-bass.
I'd (jokingly) pay for the shipping of that mofo to data bass to see where it stacks up :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Honestly there's just one member thats claiming the S2 may outperform it, where logic would dictate otherwise.....I wouldn't worry. The S1/S2 are very capable for their relatively small size but I think the S7201 or four F18s would have the performance advantage (at correspondingly higher price points and with larger total enclosure volumes).

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
But others were talking just recently about taking his current S7201 flagship to data-bass but never got response so that's why I asked.
He has addressed the subject on numerous occasions and I don't see why this sub would be handled differently.

Reactions: kelly.mcaloney

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
He has addressed the subject on numerous occasions and I don't see why this sub would be handled differently.
I wasn't aware that when he addressed the subject it was for ALL subs and in the future. I just assumed it was the new ulf ported model people wanted him to build originally. I've seen few of psa subs in data-bass site so thought maybe he might consider it. If he does then he does....if he doesn't then he doesn't.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I wasn't aware that when he addressed the subject it was for ALL subs and in the future. I just assumed it was the new ulf ported model people wanted him to build originally. I've seen few of psa subs in data-bass site so thought maybe he might consider it. If he does then he does....if he doesn't then he doesn't.

As Charles mentioned, Tom has made it crystal clear (repeatedly) that he has no intentions of sending his products to Josh (Data-bass). He has explained it ad nauseam. As much as we would like to see it happen, it won't.

I'm assuming he just doesn't feel like repeating himself for the fifty-fourth time. I don't blame him.

If a customer has a 7201 that isn't far from Josh, he might be able to get Josh to measure it. I'm sure plenty of members here would pitch in to pay for shipping or delivery. Obviously, Josh is done for the winter and probably booked up for a bit next spring, so who knows when it could actually happen.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Tom’s a very smart man, and he has built a very successful business, which is growing. If he’s not willing to manufacture a low tuned ported sub or send the 7201 for testing, it must not be a smart move for him or PSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
865 Posts
Tom’s a very smart man, and he has built a very successful business, which is growing. If he’s not willing to manufacture a low tuned ported sub or send the 7201 for testing, it must not be a smart move for him or PSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I have looked at data-bass before and while the information might be useful to some, it doesn't tell the whole story about what product is right for a given customer. In fact, I just found it confusing as there is simply too many data points to digest. It's like trying to compare cars by looking at 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, etc while ignoring all other factors. I would guess that the average PSA customer is not a "performance above all else" person.

I do hope that PSA will eventually come out with a lower tuned sub as there is a growing market for ULF.

Reactions: David Charles

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I agree. I have looked at data-bass before and while the information might be useful to some, it doesn't tell the whole story about what product is right for a given customer. In fact, I just found it confusing as there is simply too many data points to digest. It's like trying to compare cars by looking at 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, etc while ignoring all other factors. I would guess that the average PSA customer is not a "performance above all else" person.

I do hope that PSA will eventually come out with a lower tuned sub as there is a growing market for ULF.
Right...data-bass doesn't tell the whole story and not many people understand it. But other than just output don't forget to look at distortion numbers as well. In my experience I have found when putting subs at higher xover point 100-150hz for example that the subs that had higher 2nd order distortion was more localizable than one with less distortion.

Also its pretty cool reading Ricci's interpretation of the sub build quality, distortion, driver quality, etc. Kinda like reading a car magazine review to know more than just the motor specs.

45841 - 45860 of 57919 Posts