AVS Forum banner

48741 - 48760 of 57912 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a couple of questions for @Tom Vodhanel or anyone else who knows the answer about the new TV36.

1. Are the feet removable? I am considering laying it on its side and it would probably look better without the feet.

2. Since the iPal drivers are 2 ohms and the standard Neo drivers are 4 ohms, does that mean the amp will be putting out more power with the iPal version? I'm assuming that the 1920 watt amp is a 2 channel amp and would put out more power with the lower impedance.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I have a couple of questions for @Tom Vodhanel or anyone else who knows the answer about the new TV36.

1. Are the feet removable? I am considering laying it on its side and it would probably look better without the feet.

2. Since the iPal drivers are 2 ohms and the standard Neo drivers are 4 ohms, does that mean the amp will be putting out more power with the iPal version? I'm assuming that the 1920 watt amp is a 2 channel amp and would put out more power with the lower impedance.
1)you can remove the feet.

2)technically yes but it's not a simple resistance/wattage formula because it's not a giant resistor bank. Speaker/subwoofer impedance varies with frequency(and other variables). And there's some other aspects of the total system that will impact things as well. In short, anyone thinking "ipal18--gotta have it!" should mainly do so because they love the woofer tech and not assume they are getting significantly more wattage along with that.

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
858 Posts
1)you can remove the feet.

2)technically yes but it's not a simple resistance/wattage formula because it's not a giant resistor bank. Speaker/subwoofer impedance varies with frequency(and other variables). And there's some other aspects of the total system that will impact things as well. In short, anyone thinking "ipal18--gotta have it!" should mainly do so because they love the woofer tech and not assume they are getting significantly more wattage along with that.

Tom V.
Team Power.
Thanks. It seems like the more I learn, the less I know. It is amazing how complicated everything about audio reproduction actually is. The good news is, I will be knocking stuff off the walls with those iPals sooner rather than later and no longer killing time by coming up with new questions. :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi all,

All of the neo drivers from both of those full pallets I posted previously are spoken for.

I'm going to check with B&C East coast tomorrow and check availability for another pallet(or two).

I know I owe 3-4 guys updates on that(couple potential new orders couple that may upgrade).

I will have emails off to you before end of Monday.

Tom V.

Team Power.

What are these??? They look too big to be 110s but maybe it’s just the angle which the pictures taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is a V15xx subwoofer.

What are these??? They look too big to be 110s but maybe it’s just the angle which the pictures taken

Looks like a MT-110 to me. Being closer to the front of the frame, they do look large, but they’re not dainty bookshelves by any means.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Looks like a MT-110 to me. Being closer to the front of the frame, they do look large, but they’re not dainty bookshelves by any means.
I agree. I actually deleted my previous comment once I looked at the picture on a computer rather than my phone.

Reactions: Sekosche

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree. I actually deleted my previous comment once I looked at the picture on a computer rather than my phone.
We are so excited for new products from PSA that the smallest thing we think it is something new... :D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I am sure Ill get blasted for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of the in-house numbers for the new subs. Maybe a good time to sway some of those people who are on the edge of making a purchase or someone who is indecisive about which version to purchase :)
I've already purchased a pair of ipals and I can't wait for the compression numbers :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I've already purchased a pair of ipals and I can't wait for the compression numbers :)
Yeah, Id just like to see even ballpark/rough figures for these. Id def assume that the ipal dual 18 in sub would have the highest midbass capabilities of any ID sub (well s7201) would be up there as well. Obviously the amp platform being used will not make the subs tap out, but that is OK in my book... less heat=good.

As for low bass, Id estimate these to be competitive with the cap 2400 ULF down to 12.5 hz or so. I can't wait to hear the punchy SQ that these IPALS are supposed to be all about.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Four Ipal18 and a new, more powerful amp(either 6k, 8k, 10k or whatever).

I'm not sure we're thinking clearly here. Even leaving powersoft pressure computer out of it for now. And going with the much cheaper speakerpower upgrade(the 6k watt / 240v).

We're talking about an "upgrade kit" that would be more expensive than the initial sub purchase.

Tom V.
Team Power.
It's all your fault Tom. Had to go posting the pic of those sexy drivers in there and talk of a big amp.:)

Wanna play you gotta pay. I am the guy that would buy a Lambo Huracan and send it to Underground racing for a complete built engine and twin turbo kit!:D

Once you test one and see what it sounds like a decision could be made on spending the dollars. Oh and i would need 8 Ipals. LOL

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
The thread seems quiet today so I'll share my decision regarding whether I should stay with the Neo version or go with the iPal. I'm pretty certain the Neo version will be all I would need. But like Mike Butny said, we are a sick bunch and those darn iPals are just sitting there tempting me. So I talked it over with my wife and she told me if I really want them then I should just go ahead and do it. I also asked each of my kids what they thought I should do and they all wanted whatever the best subwoofer was (I was so proud of them).

So after some serious debate I upgraded my order to the iPal version. It takes all "what if" questions out of the scenario and I really do want to see what these iPal drivers are all about. Now I just need to be patient as I count down the days to delivery. Just... need to... hang on.... a little longer!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Lol, climate change is a close second for me behind all that is home theater. In the future, there will be a way to harness bass energy for the good of mankind.

So I think the new subs are shipping now right?
I think Tom is getting his cabinets Wednesday and hopes to start shipping Friday at the earliest or Next Monday/Tuesday from what he said the other day. I wish though, I am ready.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The thread seems quiet today so I'll share my decision regarding whether I should stay with the Neo version or go with the iPal. I'm pretty certain the Neo version will be all I would need. But like Mike Butny said, we are a sick bunch and those darn iPals are just sitting there tempting me. So I talked it over with my wife and she told me if I really want them then I should just go ahead and do it. I also asked each of my kids what they thought I should do and they all wanted whatever the best subwoofer was (I was so proud of them).

So after some serious debate I upgraded my order to the iPal version. It takes all "what if" questions out of the scenario and I really do want to see what these iPal drivers are all about. Now I just need to be patient as I count down the days to delivery. Just... need to... hang on.... a little longer!
Looking forward to your impressions and comparison to the 2400ULF! Have you heard Rythmik's FV18 or FV25HP?

·
Registered
777 Posts

Ok, who's surprised?

It's nice you involved your family and nicer how they supported you. A lot of mutual respect and love going on there I think.

Now you just have to give us a full report after you get them!

·
Registered
858 Posts
So I talked it over with my wife and she told me if I really want them then I should just go ahead and do it.
Your wife sounds a lot like mine. It is great to have a wife that supports and understands the way you think and a family that gets enjoyment from your hobby as well.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I think Tom is getting his cabinets Wednesday and hopes to start shipping Friday at the earliest or Next Monday/Tuesday from what he said the other day. I wish though, I am ready.

Ah, my days all run together lately, but I remember him saying Tuesday or Wednesday was thinking it was this week. I guess it is only 5/21, think the preorder estimates originally said arriving in June so that’s right on the money.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Great Hopinator!! I guess I’m the lone wolf with the regular NEO’s. I was hoping you were going to stay strong lol

Having said that I am happy for you.

48741 - 48760 of 57912 Posts