AVS Forum banner

48801 - 48820 of 57960 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
The JTR brigade is adding PSA!!!???:eek::eek::eek:
Shhhhh... I am trying to create urgency for CMB to switch to the IPALs...

Switch now or live with the 'what ifs' for the rest of his life!!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Shhhhh... I am trying to create an urgency for CMB to switch to the IPALs...

Switch now or live with the 'what ifs' for the rest of his life!!! :D :D

Chucky

I would love to. I know Tom is busy. I’ve called PSA twice and got the voicemail. I couldn’t upgrade even if I wanted to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LennS and chucky7

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Chucky

I would love to. I know Tom is busy. I’ve called PSA twice and got the voicemail. I couldn’t upgrade even if I wanted to

That’s a cop out you know Tom said that email was the best way to reach him right now.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Chucky

Well......... you could. I ran into that same problem when I decided I wanted to upgrade. So I emailed him he got back to me in a few hours. ;)

But yeah I think he's beyond busy right now. The count down has started, I think the end of the wait is in sight now. :D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Chucky

Hey Benzodiazepine, email Tom about now, almost 10:00 PM ET he should be hanging out and would probably get right back to you......that's been my experience.......You mentioned you could have gotten away for $900 going with the standard TV36 so I'm thinking you're at about $1300 now with Neo, I suggest you reload the Matrix and go for the full iPAL Machine City $1700 end of the war version and call it the peacemaker......:D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
As per my conversation with Tom, I am able to pick up one sub soon(ish) but the other one not until the end of next week or so and I think I was number 11 or 12. To make the drive for one, or just wait out the extra week or so and kill two birds with one stone? This is a time that I wouldn't mind throwing 2 stones ;) After all, PSA is only 1 hr 15 min away.

In the first week, it should give me time to review some material and get a good feel for what these subs can do. I clearly remember what the v3601 can do, the v3601 AND the v1801 together, and what my dual s3611s can do, and have graphs saved on each, so I am expecting this to be a fun time. The two things that I am interested in at first is the sound quality, and how punchy they sound versus what I am used to.

Here are a few songs that I am going to play as soon as I get the sub(s) up and calibrated:

1. Behemoth- Demigod (amazing test for transient response in a sub plus I love dark metal)
2.Twice in a Blue Moon- Ferry Corsten
3. Lost in the Fire- Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd
4. The Dope Show-Marilyn Manson
5. Ghosts n' Stuff- Deadmau5
6. Psychadelic Addict- Anuka
7. Cymatics- Nigel Stanford
8. Lionheart- Phazz
9. The Logical Song- Supertramp
10. Fourplay- Bali Run
11. Felix Hell- Organ Sensation (a low bass monster of a song throughout, but particularly starting at 3 min. From 3:40 min to 4:00 my house shudders and also last 30 seconds)

A few movie clips:

1. Both fight scenes in TIH
2. Tron light race scene
3. RP1 first race scene and bomb blast
4. Max Mad Fury Road Intro and War Rig into storm scene
5. 13 hours mortar scene
6. Aquaman freeing the trident scene
7.Overlord intro
8. Hunter Killer beginning
9. Various 20 hz hits from The Nun
10. Hacksaw Ridge- Naval ship clears Ridge

·
Registered
356 Posts
As per my conversation with Tom, I am able to pick up one sub soon(ish) but the other one not until the end of next week or so and I think I was number 11 or 12. To make the drive for one, or just wait out the extra week or so and kill two birds with one stone? This is a time that I wouldn't mind throwing 2 stones ;) After all, PSA is only 1 hr 15 min away.

Make the drive, make the drive! :D The rest of us want to know what these beauties sound like ASAP. :)

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
^^ I really don't think it would do any of us any good to say you should wait and get them both at the same time because I seriously doubt you would be able to to do that. I think you should accept the fact you'll be making two trips. If I lived that close I think I'd be making two trips.

Having said that I'll give it a shot. Setup wise, time wise and work wise it makes sense to wait. That's it.... that's all I got... I can't come up with anything else. Might as well go warm up the car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
^^ I really don't think it would do any of us any good to say you should wait and get them both at the same time because I seriously doubt you would be able to to do that. I think you should accept the fact you'll be making two trips. If I lived that close I think I'd be making two trips.

Having said that I'll give it a shot. Setup wise, time wise and work wise it makes sense to wait. That's it.... that's all I got... I can't come up with anything else. Might as well go warm up the car.
There you go Hop! Send some of that peer pressure right back where it came from :D:D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

In the first week, it should give me time to review some material and get a good feel for what these subs can do. I clearly remember what the v3601 can do, the v3601 AND the v1801 together, and what my dual s3611s can do, and have graphs saved on each, so I am expecting this to be a fun time. The two things that I am interested in at first is the sound quality, and how punchy they sound versus what I am used to.

Here are a few songs that I am going to play as soon as I get the sub(s) up and calibrated:

1. Behemoth- Demigod (amazing test for transient response in a sub plus I love dark metal)
2.Twice in a Blue Moon- Ferry Corsten
3. Lost in the Fire- Gesaffelstein/The Weeknd
4. The Dope Show-Marilyn Manson
5. Ghosts n' Stuff- Deadmau5
6. Psychadelic Addict- Anuka
7. Cymatics- Nigel Stanford
8. Lionheart- Phazz
9. The Logical Song- Supertramp
10. Fourplay- Bali Run
11. Felix Hell- Organ Sensation (a low bass monster of a song throughout, but particularly starting at 3 min. From 3:40 min to 4:00 my house shudders and also last 30 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9ckgwvpzY&list=OLAK5uy_mriiU3gq7GMISCcLR5BXjdIt_PaIGVDCk&index=18&t=0s

A few movie clips:

1. Both fight scenes in TIH
2. Tron light race scene
3. RP1 first race scene and bomb blast
4. Max Mad Fury Road Intro and War Rig into storm scene
5. 13 hours mortar scene
6. Aquaman freeing the trident scene
7.Overlord intro
8. Hunter Killer beginning
9. Various 20 hz hits from The Nun
10. Hacksaw Ridge- Naval ship clears Ridge
Great list of movies and music there mate, I know some of the music and all of the movie scenes well,they should make for a solid test!
Though no sub test is complete without the John Wick club scene and WOTW pods emerge IMHO

And I of course vote for picking one of the subs up ASAP!!
Ware all dying to hear your thoughts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yeah, I simply see no other way, I do 2 trips! Plus, to be honest, both subs will fit much easier.. if not I may have to use my dads trucks versus 2 of them fitting in my Yukon. I dont want to lay them driver or amp facing the floors.

My patience is wearing out, in a good way, and I am getting anxious now.

Dave

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
All this discussion about the new subs is very painful for me, with the downsizing, it’s completely out of the question for me, and my cherished V3601’s will need to find new homes.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
You HAVE to downsize or you want to downsize?

It has become a practical necessity. I am woefully financially unprepared for retirement and I’m 61. Except for the loss of the dedicated HT space, this is a good move and, I believe, the right move. But I wouldn’t be truthful if I suggested it doesn’t come with some pain.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It has become a practical necessity. I am woefully financially unprepared for retirement and I’m 61. Except for the loss of the dedicated HT space, this is a good move and, I believe, the right move. But I wouldn’t be truthful if I suggested it doesn’t come with some pain.

Understood! I wish you the best, sir!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Understood! I wish you the best, sir!

Many thanks! I’m investing some of the proceeds from the sale of the house in a home in Florida, so there’s some possibility down the road of a more elaborate system there, but the new Michigan place is a small condo, so what I have now is completely impossible there. I’ll need to live vicariously through guys such as yourself!

48801 - 48820 of 57960 Posts