AVS Forum banner

57121 - 57140 of 57836 Posts

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
So if I were to run REW at 0dbfs I would probably see 120db across the board at this gain level with peaks hitting 127db.
How do you expect to produce a sweep at those levels when your compression sweeps were maxing out

·
Registered
236 Posts
@the_sextein when are the V1812s going to get in the game?
I actually already experimented with them and decided I don't want them. The 100hz null that I have is fixed when I add a single V1812 into the equation but other than that, there is no real benefit to my FR. In terms of tactile response I would say it added a little something to the midrange but I was having problems with localization with it being so close to my position and I am limited to only nearfield positions at this point. The TR from the TV18's is more than enough for me to be honest. The entire floor shakes so violent that everything in the room is moving.

Tom offered to give me a generous amount of cash for them if I trade them in and considering the cash vs the small benefits of keeping them....I'd rather just trade them in and put that money toward a couple of 3080TI graphic cards this fall. I have them all packaged up and ready to go, I just need to contact Tom about it and that will be that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Got my TV18's dialed in perfect. Reference bass with zero problems and the extra db I gained tonight in the 20hz region really amped it up a notch. I got a 5db variance from 7hz to 100hz and then a 5db drop from 100hz to 200hz.

Just watched John Wick 3 with BEQ...incredible. I've got it at that point where it's hard to tell if I should turn it down a little or just leave it. The TV18's truly delivered the goods!

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Got my TV18's dialed in perfect. Reference bass with zero problems and the extra db I gained tonight in the 20hz region really amped it up a notch. I got a 5db variance from 7hz to 100hz and then a 5db drop from 100hz to 200hz.

Just watched John Wick 3 with BEQ...incredible. I've got it at that point where it's hard to tell if I should turn it down a little or just leave it. The TV18's truly delivered the goods!
Awesome... nothing beats an optimized setup, now you can sit back and relax and really enjoy your new subs. After all, that's what all the hard was for.

I binge watched all my favorite bass movies for weeks after I got the TV36's set up. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

Make sure to watch Den of Thieves, a perfect demo for these subs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
This kind of shows just how big the TV18 subs are.

s24, s3012, tv18.

After today we should be around May 21st on the pre order list(date ordered). If we avoid any unexpected production hiccups, we should be around June 10th by the end of this week and then maybe even close to caught up by the end of next week.

Tom V.
Team Power.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
This kind of shows just how big the TV18 subs are.

s24, s3012, tv18.

After today we should be around May 21st on the pre order list(date ordered). If we avoid any unexpected production hiccups, we should be around June 10th by the end of this week and then maybe even close to caught up by the end of next week.

Tom V.
Team Power.
Any B stock updates Tom?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Other then all the good stuff (everything) is gone, no.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had a little bit of time to play with my dual TV18's after setting up with REW. I have almost flat response from 11-82hz and usable bass down to 8hz. Tom really hit the nail in the head with these beasts. In comparison my dual V18ipal dropped out around 24hz in the same room so I am seeing a noticeable difference. I messed around a little with some music and hit 122db at -4mv, I have no doubt the subs can go higher. I had to lay them sideways to fit under my screen, but it was worth it. I ran with small room setting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've had a little bit of time to play with my dual TV18's after setting up with REW. I have almost flat response from 11-82hz and usable bass down to 8hz. Tom really hit the nail in the head with these beasts. In comparison my dual V18ipal dropped out around 24hz in the same room so I am seeing a noticeable difference. I messed around a little with some music and hit 122db at -4mv, I have no doubt the subs can go higher. I had to lay them sideways to fit under my screen, but it was worth it. I ran with small room setting.

Since you are the first to lay them on their side, please let us know if you hear any chuffing when you really push them to the limit.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Another nice looking frequency response. To add a little context, can you add your approximate room size?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Another nice looking frequency response. To add a little context, can you add your approximate room size?
My room is 28x13 7'8" ceilings, measurement was taken at first seat about 11 feet away from drivers.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Since you are the first to lay them on their side, please let us know if you hear any chuffing when you really push them to the limit.
I haven't heard it yet, the port is about 2 feet from the sidewalls.

Attachments

Reactions: SuperFist

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm guessing it will never be an issue with 2 TV18s in a 3000 cu/ft room. You likely have plenty of headroom, and with normal content, any port noise is usually masked by the rest of the soundtrack (and the AC vents rattling). :)

Reactions: skylarlove1999

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm guessing it will never be an issue with 2 TV18s in a 3000 cu/ft room. You likely have plenty of headroom, and with normal content, any port noise is usually masked by the rest of the soundtrack (and the AC vents rattling). /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
I put foam behind all my vents for that exact reason.

Reactions: skylarlove1999
57121 - 57140 of 57836 Posts