AVS Forum banner

57401 - 57420 of 58003 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
The new tweeters, are these even newer than the ones that Tom was sending out last fall in the 210s? I got my 210s last October so curious if the new tweeters on the website are an even newer replacement.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you can measure the two subs individually with a consistent timing reference you can probably improve the response significantly by adjusting the distances.
Adjusting timing on one sub amp while measuring both subs played a big role in improving my response prior to running room correction.

Its worth a try.

Also try moving the mic a foot in either direction to see if that drop out changes.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
The new tweeters, are these even newer than the ones that Tom was sending out last fall in the 210s? I got my 210s last October so curious if the new tweeters on the website are an even newer replacement.

You’ll have to ask Tom in regards to your serial numbers and when he made the change to all B&C tweets as only he’ll know.

Razorback, you’re not in Arkansas by chance? I’m in NWA, so always looking for fellow Arkansans to experience a little home theater magic.

·
Registered
381 Posts

You’️ll have to ask Tom in regards to your serial numbers and when he made the change to all B&C tweets as only he’️ll know.

Razorback, you’️re not in Arkansas by chance? I’️m in NWA, so always looking for fellow Arkansans to experience a little home theater magic.
I am down the road in Ft. Smith. I have an all PSA system except my Atmos speakers so if you are down this way and want to check it out just let me know!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Anything shipped starting in July/2019 has the new stuff(B&C de250) unless specified otherwise during the order process back then.

Green is old, Purple is new. IIRC this is 2.5dB steps to highlight the variation. I will get a better comparison FR as soon as I have Clio up+running again. Some of my hardware is being updated to latest spec in Italy.

Also, this is just the tweeter. No speaker cabinet, no crossover.
Tom V.
Team Power.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Last I saw, the 18" china cabinet would be paired with a lower tier driver and amp. Hopefully I am wrong, because I would not be interested in that product.
There are so many ways to slice and dice things moving forward I feel like dr strange sometimes trying to figure out the one/best path out of 14 million(or whatever)..:)

I think we currently offer twelve(?) different 18" based subwoofers all using built+finished in Ohio cabinets, built in Ohio amplifiers, and Italian neo. So while we're never be everything to everybody(and that is a dangerous goal for any small ID) I feel like we do cover a good bit of ground.

Jim just added two more guys specific to our cabinet demand so who knows...

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Hi
this new TV18 - ipal or not - really got my attention. Without shipment to Denmark this would be 3.296 $ (ipal) vs 2.923 $ (non-ipal). This compares then to pb-16 ultra for 3.615 $ - yes they are very expensive to get :(
What I like about the TV 18 vs pb-16 ultra is smaller footprint - higher but not as much floor space used - dont care about the weight. All here say that those new neo drivers sounds soo good - how would this compare sound wise to the pb-16 that got a lot of good reviews. Saw some REW meassurements and that is very impressive that it hits around 10-12 hz in room :eek: - If I would buy one it would be the ipal version - just because this would be my last subwoofer (at least what I would tell the wife :D) and it would rule out the what if's.

Also don't understand myself - years back I just wanted a subwoofer - then later it had to be 20 hz - and now - the lower the better - and wife hates this ear popping bass. Wonder if that is the reason why the priest / church make you say for better and for worse - when you get marriaged :D
I would go with what provides local support. Svs or perhaps Arendel. Local support is one of those things that may seem unimportant and hopefully it would be. But *IF* you need it and don't have it...all of a sudden it can get inconvenient, fast.

And didn't Jan just come out with 2-3 new subs too?

Tom V.
Team Power.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There are so many ways to slice and dice things moving forward I feel like dr strange sometimes trying to figure out the one/best path out of 14 million(or whatever)..:)

I think we currently offer twelve(?) different 18" based subwoofers all using built+finished in Ohio cabinets, built in Ohio amplifiers, and Italian neo. So while we're never be everything to everybody(and that is a dangerous goal for any small ID) I feel like we do cover a good bit of ground.

Jim just added two more guys specific to our cabinet demand so who knows...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ

Tom V.
Team Power.
Tom, did you discontinue the 7201's? Was hoping to go upgraded drivers eventually. Is that still a possibility or been dropped also?

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I would go with what provides local support. Svs or perhaps Arendel. Local support is one of those things that may seem unimportant and hopefully it would be. But *IF* you need it and don't have it...all of a sudden it can get inconvenient, fast.

And didn't Jan just come out with 2-3 new subs too?

Tom V.
Team Power.
Yes, they have :

https://arendalsound.eu/new-1723-series-subwoofers/

They claim 50% more exursion on these new drivers, so should be a great upgrade :)

Great deals on the outgoing models too:

https://arendalsound.eu/1723-series-legacy-subwoofers/

Sorry for OT, but since you asked. ;)

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Tom, did you discontinue the 7201's? Was hoping to go upgraded drivers eventually. Is that still a possibility or been dropped also?
Everything *01* was discontinued. I can build S7212 and S72ipal subs but those will usually be 6 weeks(+/- a week). Don't hold your breath waiting for a cool website update detailing things...we're too busy too worry about that right now..:)

Woofer upgrade options have been put on hold until we can figure out a way to stabilize new woofer inventory. The main problem is warehouse space.

Upgrading isn't going to be a big value anyway. It would cost maybe $6000(?) to upgrade dual S7201 to Ipals for example.

Tom V.
Team Power.

Reactions: flat4

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,749 Posts
Finally did some measurements of my subs individually AND with Audyssey OFF. WOW! I can't believe how bad my response is and how hard Audyssey is working to get a decent response! I should have done this years ago. Just goes to show having two subs spaced apart doesn't guarantee a flat response. Tomorrow I'm going to experiment with different placements including stacking.

Green: both subs Aud. ON
Blue: both subs Aud. OFF
Magenta: L sub Aud. OFF
Teal: R sub Aud. OFF
Let me guess...symmetrical front wall placement? They both have the same null at the same frequency.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Finally did some measurements of my subs individually AND with Audyssey OFF. WOW! I can't believe how bad my response is and how hard Audyssey is working to get a decent response! I should have done this years ago. Just goes to show having two subs spaced apart doesn't guarantee a flat response. Tomorrow I'm going to experiment with different placements including stacking.

Green: both subs Aud. ON
Blue: both subs Aud. OFF
Magenta: L sub Aud. OFF
Teal: R sub Aud. OFF
Let me guess...symmetrical front wall placement? They both have the same null at the same frequency.
Yep! I’ve learned my lesson. Pretty and symmetrical doesn’t equal good sound. I feel like I just upgraded to a better subwoofer! I’m getting incredible chest thump and better ulf all while running my sub trim at -9 when I was at -6!!! Truly a night and day difference. I should have listened to everyone here years ago.

On a side note I broke the plastic grommets on a grill cover. I emailed Tom and sending me some tomorrow. Yet another case of the OUTSTANDING customer support that’s second to none!

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,749 Posts
Yep! I’ve learned my lesson. Pretty and symmetrical doesn’t equal good sound. I feel like I just upgraded to a better subwoofer! I’m getting incredible chest thump and better ulf all while running my sub trim at -9 when I was at -6!!! Truly a night and day difference. I should have listened to everyone here years ago.

On a side note I broke the plastic grommets on a grill cover. I emailed Tom and sending me some tomorrow. Yet another case of the OUTSTANDING customer support that’s second to none!
I suggest always removing the grilles before moving the dual opposed subs.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yep! I’️ve learned my lesson. Pretty and symmetrical doesn’️t equal good sound. I feel like I just upgraded to a better subwoofer! I’️m getting incredible chest thump and better ulf all while running my sub trim at -9 when I was at -6!!! Truly a night and day difference. I should have listened to everyone here years ago.

On a side note I broke the plastic grommets on a grill cover. I emailed Tom and sending me some tomorrow. Yet another case of the OUTSTANDING customer support that’️s second to none!
I suggest always removing the grilles before moving the dual opposed subs.
Yeah I realize that now 😋 especially when you have them stacked! 😁

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I'm getting MUCH better response now with my subs stacked in front left corner!
Basically all you did was stack it to get same response but get 6db more output. Remove the Audesey and you will see its the same response. You are probably better off spreading out the subs if possible.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Basically all you did was stack it to get same response but get 6db more output. Remove the Audesey and you will see its the same response. You are probably better off spreading out the subs if possible.
Not true. I posted my response both before and after Audyssey with them spread out and now stacked. I got rid of a HUGE null I had with them spread out. I’m in a living room so I don’t have many placement options. Anyway I’m happier with my response now. :)

Reactions: ahblaza

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
I agree the response looks better but That null only looks huge because of the graph resolution. Had you posted it in the correct format (10-200hz horizontal and 5db instead of 1db on the vertical axis) it wouldn't look so drastic. Either way I am sure it sounds better. Spending time dialing in a system can go a long way for sure.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
57401 - 57420 of 58003 Posts