AVS Forum banner

59481 - 59500 of 61079 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I received my pair of s42ipals yesterday. I've only had little time to do some initial listening but all I have to say Tom nailed it with this beast subwoofer. I will post a more thorough review in the next few days but I am very happy with them so far. I know the dimension of the sub got specified but until you see them in person you don't realize just how big they are LOL.
Would love to see a pic of them putting the size in perspective.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Okay, I'm stuck lol, not used to working on a MAC and can't get REW to run. Anyone willing to remote in a bail me out?
Use this link.

I swear by this guide got me up and running after not using REW on Mac after a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
840 Posts
Is that where you're going to place the S42s? shouldn't they have a bit more space for the woofer?

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,720 Posts
I thought they would be bigger? ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with TV1812 Enclosure rattling? One of mine is rattling from what sounds like the back panel where the amp is. No matter which way you push on it nothing helps.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with TV1812 Enclosure rattling? One of mine is rattling from what sounds like the back panel where the amp is. No matter which way you push on it nothing helps.
Are you sure its a rattle? Have you tipped it around without it on to see if there are any noises?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you sure its a rattle? Have you tipped it around without it on to see if there are any noises?
It sounds like the back plate is rattling. I haven't tried to tip it or anything. I'm seriously scared that there's something wrong with it and I'm gonna have to fork out a thousand more dollars to have it fixed.. I hope to God it's not blown or I'll be devastated. It only makes the rattle at higher volumes and is not audible at lower levels.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Umm its still under warranty. Try tipping it each way a bit to eliminate something loose in the cabinet. That would be the best thing to find and easy to cure. After that reach out to Tom. He will probably have you pull the amp and or woofer to take a peak. Its not time to panic. Dont have a heart attack. Its fixable Im very sure.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
@Bellboy24

On another note, what is your sub gain setting in the AVR? Youre not into the positive numbers are you?

Reactions: drh3b

·
Registered
15 Posts
Umm its still under warranty. Try tipping it each way a bit to eliminate something loose in the cabinet. That would be the best thing to find and easy to cure. After that reach out to Tom. He will probably have you pull the amp and or woofer to take a peak. Its not time to panic. Dont have a heart attack. Its fixable Im very sure.
I'm just worried about how much it would cost to fix if it was my fault that it broke and they wouldn't cover it.. Like worst case scenario and the woofer is shot I hope it wouldn't cost more than a thousand altogether... I don't exactly have that kind of money just burning a hole in my pocket

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm just worried about how much it would cost to fix if it was my fault that it broke and they wouldn't cover it.. Like worst case scenario and the woofer is shot I hope it wouldn't cost more than a thousand altogether... I don't exactly have that kind of money just burning a hole in my pocket
Are you sure it’s not the wall or something else it’s next to that’s rattling? If there was something rattling inside the sub I doubt it would be audible from you sitting position. Move the sub towards the middle of the room and see if it changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Based on what you posted earlier I wouldn't get too anxious... I doubt you broke something that would cause a rattle. If it is coming from the sub then give Tom a call (or email him) and he'll help you troubleshoot. PSA is known for the customer service and Tom has helped a lot of us figure things out. It's under warranty and will be for another five years so you should be good.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm sorry you're having as issue Bellboy but please don't worry about having to pay big $ for repairs because the chances are almost nil. IDK how much of this thread you've read but it's chock full of episodes where Tom helps secondhand owners of PSA products OUT of warranty, and you are under warranty. It sucks for now but rest assured it will be corrected without you being left in the breeze.
Tim

·
Registered
385 Posts
Based on what you posted earlier I wouldn't get too anxious... I doubt you broke something that would cause a rattle. If it is coming from the sub then give Tom a call (or email him) and he'll help you troubleshoot. PSA is known for the customer service and Tom has helped a lot of us figure things out. It's under warranty and will be for another five years so you should be good.
Hop,
You edged me out with our simultaneous/ identical posts!
Tim

59481 - 59500 of 61079 Posts