AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posted by SamuriHL in the PowerDvd 12 thread in regards to PowerDvD 13:

' Yea, I bought it this morning. The new audio delay option allowed me to fix the audio sync problems that have plagued me since I got my new TV in January. The speed is really impressive. WAY faster than any other version. I like it so far but I've only used it for an hour or so. "

I bought it and had audio sync problems as well and that option worked perfectly. Is it a Nvidia problem with 23 hz or a TV type problem? I own a Panasonic 55VT50 plasma.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a problem with DTS and AC3 Audio in PowerDVD 13. if i want to play my MKV files the video is ok, but there isn't audio.. i thought that was good to install K-Lite Codec Pack but it didn't solve it anyway... i have red that codecs already came with the program... i have already updated my audio driver.. i'm used to play the same file in powerdvd 12, i have done no change to system. in the mkv file there are 2 type of audio, a dts and an aac, if i switch in aac track, audio works, while if i set dts or ac3, audio doesn't work. here some specs:

Sound Card: Creative X-fi Titanium

5.1 Configuration

MKV File Info

Generale

ID univoco : 177409730012419706124294172900122418831 (0x8577DF0366DC9731A2001E349B07DE8F)

Nome completo : F:\**********.mkv

Formato : Matroska

Versione formato : Version 2

Dimensione : 17,4 GiB

Durata : 4o 23min

Bitrate totale : 9.449 Kbps

Data codifica : UTC 2011-07-07 18:39:39

Creato con : mkvmerge v4.8.0 ('I Got The...') built on May 24 2011 03:12:58

Compressore : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video

ID : 1

Formato : AVC

Formato/Informazioni : Advanced Video Codec

Profilo formato : [email protected]

Impostazioni formato, CABAC : Si

Impostazioni formato, ReFrames : 4 frame

ID codec : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Bitrate nominale : 7.522 Kbps

Larghezza : 1.920 pixel

Altezza : 796 pixel

Rapporto aspetto visualizzazione : 2,40:1

Modalità frame rate : Costante

Frame rate : 23,976 fps

Spazio colore : YUV

Croma subsampling : 4:2:0

Profondità bit : 8 bit

Tipo scansione : Progressivo

Bit/(pixel*frame) : 0.205

Titolo : Video Bitrate = 7622 kbps [ENCODED by Wiggaz]

Compressore : x264 core 115 r2008 4c552d8

Impostazioni compressione : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-2:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=7522 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=50000 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / zones=347560,378718,q=27

Lingua : ******

Default : Si

Forced : No

Audio #1

ID : 2

Formato : DTS

Formato/Informazioni : Digital Theater Systems

Profilo formato : ES

Modo : 16

Impostazioni formato, Endianness : Big

ID codec : A_DTS

Modalità bitrate : Costante

Bitrate : 1.509 Kbps

Canali : 7 canali / 6 canali

Posizione canali : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: C, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

Sampling rate : 48,0 KHz

Profondità bit : 24 bit

Modo compressione : Con perdita

Ritardo video : 22ms

Dimensione della traccia : 2,77 GiB (16%)

Titolo : DTS-ES *** 6.1 1509 kbps

Lingua : *********

Default : Si

Audio #2

ID : 3

Formato : AAC

Formato/Informazioni : Advanced Audio Codec

Profilo formato : HE-AAC / LC

ID codec : A_AAC

Canali : 2 canali

Posizione canali : Front: L R

Sampling rate : 48,0 KHz / 24,0 KHz

Modo compressione : Con perdita

Titolo : AAC *** 2.0 Q=0.3

Lingua : ********

Default : No

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I had the same problem with PowerDVD 13 however if I open PowerDVD 13 then navigate to the mkv file it opens and plays audio just fine. If I right click and open the mkv with PowerDVD13 it plays with no audio.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have an intelhd 3d capable gpu. also, an i3 laptop with 6gb ram on win7 64bit pro. My issue is that when i play a 3d mkv file on my laptop connected to my panny 55ST60 through HDMI, i cannot seem to watch the file. i see it is 3d enabled (powerdvd) and i see the output as top and bottom (?). however my tv is not changing to 3d mode and will not allow me to. There is a setting which i notice that the output is one picture, yet with red/cyan. I hope that makes sense. As one knows, the panny has an active 3d panel. So i guess my question is, how do i get it do do what i want? i want to watch a movie in 3d that is in 3d format, but can't seem to. my card will, as far as i knkow, output to an external display in 1080p. Of course, if any other info is needed, i will provide it upon request
thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJae  /t/1466612/official-powerdvd-13-thread#post_23354322

i have an intelhd 3d capable gpu. also, an i3 laptop with 6gb ram on win7 64bit pro. My issue is that when i play a 3d mkv file on my laptop connected to my panny 55ST60 through HDMI, i cannot seem to watch the file. i see it is 3d enabled (powerdvd) and i see the output as top and bottom (?). however my tv is not changing to 3d mode and will not allow me to. There is a setting which i notice that the output is one picture, yet with red/cyan. I hope that makes sense. As one knows, the panny has an active 3d panel. So i guess my question is, how do i get it do do what i want? i want to watch a movie in 3d that is in 3d format, but can't seem to. my card will, as far as i knkow, output to an external display in 1080p. Of course, if any other info is needed, i will provide it upon request
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillgab  /t/1466612/official-powerdvd-13-thread#post_23380132

No solution. But I have the same problem.

In that case are you running the TV as clone or extended desktop? If you're running clone then maybe it's an issue of the laptop display not being 3D ready and hindering the output. If you're running in extended desktop mode then try setting the TV as the primary display so the start menu shows up on it. In the past I've had issues with video playback on a non-primary monitor.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
On a separate note, I've watched HP 5 and 6 tonight using PDVD 13 Ultra. I have so say it seems a lot better than 12 and all I've done is watch two blu ray titles. I have much less stutters than before. I haven't used my PC in a while for BD playback, but I was getting 3 or 4 times when the playback juddered for just an instant. On HP 5 it happened once and on HP 6 I don't recall it happening. My favorite part about the new version is all that stupid stuff pertaining to new films, actors, etc. is gone. When I put my disc in it has the disc "page" with the play button. That always confused me about v.12. It does seem faster than 12, too. I don't know if I'll be using it for much more than disc playback. My TV (Panasonic UT50 series) is limited to 2 pt. white balance so the HTPC can get a perfect WB and near perfect gamma, so I've opted back to that platform. I have to say I'm much more pleased with 13 than I ever was with 12. And so far I've had no sync issues. They seemed to pop up at random with WinDVD and TMT and occasionally PDVD12. I'm looking forward to continuing using v.13.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm thinking of adding a Blu-ray drive to my pc and looking for the most user friendly solution. I built the pc so adding a drive and installing programs is not an issue. I just want to be able to put a disk in and play. I don't want to have to worry too much about looking up software or firmware updates when a disk won't play. I am willing to pay for convenience and ease of use. I'm looking at ASUS Black BC-12B1ST and LG UH12NS29 drives for just playback or Pioneer BDR-208DBK and LG WH14NS40 in case I want to burn a BD in the future. I think a stand alone player would be the cheapest and most frustration free way to go but I don't want it add another component to my desk and all the cords that go with it when I have available drive bays on the desk top.

Given the above is PowerDVD 13 my best option at the moment?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I like PDVD 13 a lot more than 12, but i would recommend downloading the trial versions and picking which software you lkke the most. Many people were unhappy with TMT6 when that released, I don't know if it's still an issue. I don't know if WinDVD is still on 11 or something newer. But use the trial periods of you want to go the route of your PC for BD playback.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
You'll want to check to see which software player works best with the video decoding capabilities of the GPU that you have or whatever GPU upgrade you plan in the near future.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I'm having trouble getting the Cyberlink video decoder CLVsd.ax to register so I can use it with MPC-HC. I put CLVsd.ax in the /system32 folder. Opened up cmd with admin privileges, typed regsvr32 CLVsd.ax and then it fails to register and says "The module CLVsd.ax failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the spefified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files. The specified module could not be found"

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
CLVsd.ax requires a bunch of other dlls (in the same folder as CLVsd.ax) to work (I am not sure exactly what are required). You just can't pick it up alone, store it in a folder and register it. Instead register CLVsd.ax in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Common\Video Filter.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx  /t/1466612/official-powerdvd-13-thread#post_23532597

CLVsd.ax requires a bunch of other dlls (in the same folder as CLVsd.ax) to work (I am not sure exactly what are required). You just can't pick it up alone, store it in a folder and register it. Instead register CLVsd.ax in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Common\Video Filter.
Tried that, doesn't work. Same error message as above.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If you were to venture to the darkside, my (32bit) Settings Application has specific settings allowing you to use the PowerDVD decoders in all 32bit players including Media Center and WMP. Also FYI, I release pre-configured version of MPC on my tools page that will use what-ever settings you set in my Settings Applications for playback. The Cyberlink AX and DLL files are not distributed with my software.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Have you change the directory like this? First type in (just copy and paste)
Code:
Code:
[CODE]cd C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Common\VideoFilter
[/CODE]

Press Enter. Next type in
Code:
Code:
[CODE]regsvr32 CLVsd.ax
[/CODE]

Press Enter.

Otherwise you have to specify the full path of the file CLVsd.ax (between " " because the path includes spaces), that is, you have to type in
Code:
Code:
[CODE]regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Common\VideoFilter\CLVsd.ax"
[/CODE]

Then press Enter.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
The module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD13\C...\CLVsd.ax" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

Edit: forgot to run as administrator. Works now. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Folks using this version (v13) when playing bluray content - either bluray folders on the computer, iso's, or actual disks, i'm noticing strange artifacts.

Specifically when playing the above content in classic mode (not cinema mode), I see a white/light blue line on the far right edge of the screen. There is also a similar border line on the far bottom edge. Both appear to be a pixel wide.

My video driver does not have a setting to shift the image over, or to force an overscan condition. Which I suppose makes sense, we're talking about an lcd display with 1:1 pixel format so there should be no reason for any underscan/overscan adjustment.

Fortunately, the tv panel (un46f6300) does have a position adjustment. Using this, I had to shift to the right and down 1 pixel to eliminate this border.

Note, this is only present in classic mode, and best visible when looking at a dark image. The last few seconds of ending credits make good for a good test image.

I'm not going to lose sleep over only being able to get 1919x1079 instead of 1920x1080 resolution, but this bug is still annoying.

Cyberlink's forum already has a thread on this, but no resolution. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28435.page

Edit: I also want to point out, if I play a m2ts file directly off the disk (not bluray disk mode, but just a single m2ts file), this bug is not present.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts