AVS Forum banner
521 - 540 of 1362 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Until Vudu updates their app then no. Once they allow UHD streaming then it would be possible via the Vudu app, until then the only way to see it UHD on the ATV4K is via Infuse and making a rip of the UHDBR yourself.
And even then, you will still lose Dolby Vision and Atmos...if those are important to you.

·
Registered
20,823 Posts
Got TLJ one day early. Wanted to see if redeeming in MA was giving UHD or not. Did want some strange pre-release or early redemption weirdness.

You can always log out of MA and enter the code without burning it. It will then tell you if it redeems in 4K there or not. From previous reports it redeems in MA as 4K and will transfer to Vudu to play in 4K.

·
Registered
864 Posts
You can always log out of MA and enter the code without burning it. It will then tell you if it redeems in 4K there or not. From previous reports it redeems in MA as 4K and will transfer to Vudu to play in 4K.
Good advice! That's how I did my redeem in MA. Pic attached.

Leon McKee

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Blade Runner Final Cut Fandango Now redeem

Hi guys,
I've been waiting for BR: Final Cut to go on sale for 10 bucks. Fortunately, Fandango now has it on sale for 9.99. However, I don't have Fandango Now. Has anyone tried this deal? I was hoping it would port to itunes and vudu in UHD. Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi guys,
I've been waiting for BR: Final Cut to go on sale for 10 bucks. Fortunately, Fandango now has it on sale for 9.99. However, I don't have Fandango Now. Has anyone tried this deal? I was hoping it would port to itunes and vudu in UHD. Thanks.
Both BR's are MA so a purchase in FN should port to iTunes and Vudu. I purchased in iTunes and it ported to Vudu. When I added FN to MA it ported to FN. See attached...

Leon McKee

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
My Wonder Woman finally converted into playing with Dolby Vision in iTunes last night (it had been in the 4K & HDR group for several days but was still playing in SDR). This stuff is so random it boggles my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
864 Posts
My Wonder Woman finally converted into playing with Dolby Vision in iTunes last night (it had been in the 4K & UHD group for several days but was still playing in SDR). This stuff is so random it boggles my brain.
Yesterday was the first day that my test group of 10 upgraded titles all played 4K/HDR/DV. I've not checked today, but I'm not holding my breath! These are titles that started life in iTunes as HD via ports from Vudu and then where upgraded via MA 4K code redeems. Seems to be getting better!

Leon McKee

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you don’t see all 8 Harry Potter 4k movies at the same time in the 4k section, the problem is not fixed.
Are you referring to the 4K Harry Potter 8-Film Collection? I was in iTunes yesterday and noticed that this 8-Film set was still only sold in HD - but the individual Harry Potter movies are all available in 4K.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Are you referring to the 4K Harry Potter 8-Film Collection? I was in iTunes yesterday and noticed that this 8-Film set was still only sold in HD - but the individual Harry Potter movies are all available in 4K.
The iTunes purchase will give you 4K/DV across all titles! Ports UHD to Vudu. MA transaction record attached...

Leon McKee

Attachments

·
Registered
20,823 Posts

That’s how ALL collections are. They only show the HD, but you get the 4K version if available.

·
Registered
722 Posts

My HP UHD collection came through MA from Vudu. They are randomly appearing/disappearing in 4k iTunes. My guess is once the iTunes 4k issue is fixed, all 8 will show at the same time and stay put. I’m usually missing about a dozen 4k movies depending on the day/hour. Not all are from Vudu. Many are Sony 4k redeemed directly in MA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The iTunes purchase will give you 4K/DV across all titles! Ports UHD to Vudu. MA transaction record attached...

Leon McKee
Thanks Leon.

This 8-Film set is on my list for the kids. I am just on the fence on whether I should wait for the upcoming Black Friday sales to get the actual 4K Blu-ray disks (as well as included redeem code(s)). During the last holiday season, there were a few times when the streaming services had problems due to high demand. Luckily, I had the Harry Potter series on DVD to keep the kids happy. I made a decision to have a "backup plan" in case the streaming services are having issues. One 4K Player and 2 Blu-ray players to appease all the age groups.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That’s how ALL collections are. They only show the HD, but you get the 4K version if available.
Yeah. It can't be that hard to have someone update the iTunes Movie section to reflect 4K for these Collection sets. But then again...maybe it is. I'll still keep my fingers crossed that Apple will focus some/more of their expertise into the Apple TV. I still "want to believe" :D

·
Registered
20,823 Posts
Yeah. It can't be that hard to have someone update the iTunes Movie section to reflect 4K for these Collection sets. But then again...maybe it is. I'll still keep my fingers crossed that Apple will focus some/more of their expertise into the Apple TV. I still "want to believe" :D

Technically you ARE buying the HD set, since there is no price difference and sometimes the sets include one HD and one 4K. No need to really differentiate on group listings.

·
Registered
864 Posts

Hope this holds. It appears app my 4k movies are back.
I've been stable since yesterday :)

This is a massive issue so I'm sure it'll get worked out!

Leon McKee

521 - 540 of 1362 Posts