AVS Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1233 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Question: How easy are RELs to resell? What kind of resale value? e.g., if I bought a REL T5i could I easily resell it on the classifieds here if I wanted a different sub?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Will one s/812 appeoach the power of a good 15 driver + 1000W plate amp For home theatre LFE? I’m thinking vs a svs ultra 16 or even sb4000.

my main sub was a bowers and Wilkins asw 855 (15 inch woofer, 1000W amp, very musical and powerful) For almost 8 years now but I am constantly repairing so need to replace

The catch is I eventually want to pair it with my b and w 803s speakers plus classe monoblocs In an integrated HT plus music system. I have a separate 2 channel system with the 803s plus McIntosh equipment plus b&w pv1 as left Chan sub and sunfire true eq sub for right Chan sub.

I had been thinking svs 16 ultra to just be a HT sub, but magnolia rep told me best replacement is the 812. Went for it after we told me it would mostly match the chest thumping of the svs but be more musical to replace and upgrade my two smaller subs in the 2 Chan system too. To be able to integrate my system is a plus

size of Room is 16x17x9 ft room, 5.1.4 atmos for HT, on a perpendicular axis is my 2 Chan System

Advice? Going right direction?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello all,

I'm an happy owner of a couple of REL S8/12 and I've ordered two more to start to build an array :)

My question is about the speakon cable to daisy chain them.

I'm not a believer of expensive cables so I'd like to get cables that don't cost $$$$.

With that said do I need to buy a NL2 or a NL4 cable ?

thanks a lot for the clarification,

have a nice day,

Ben

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Does REL make any subwoofers that are not in gloss finish. At some point I was looking at the T series for a music-only setup 2.1 and they all come only in gloss/piano black which is a deal breaker.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another question for all of you REL array owners :)
Any advice on how you tune the second sub on the array? crossover higher as compared to the bottom sub ?
if you have any link with guide/docs it will be very welcome :)

Ben

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
My 2 x REL S/212SX are performing very well both music and movies. Havent used any eq yet so just level and delay but blends nicely. No lag, bloat or overhang which my previous 18" DIY suffered a bit.

They are used up front in a 7.4.6 system.

I need double output than current in my 140m3 room so I need to decide what to get for the rear of my room.

New carbon special?

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
My 2 x REL S/212SX are performing very well both music and movies. Havent used any eq yet so just level and delay but blends nicely. No lag, bloat or overhang which my previous 18" DIY suffered a bit.

I need double output than current in my 140m3 room so I need to decide what to get for the rear of my room.

New carbon special?
if HT focused, why not get a couple of REL HT/1508 and stack them together? that should be a reasonably good match to the 212's up front. the 1508 can be stacked and are also wireless, so should be good for setting up in the rear of a large room.

·
Registered
339 Posts

New carbon special?
Where are the 212s placed.
Is the room closed off or open plan.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
if HT focused, why not get a couple of REL HT/1508 and stack them together? that should be a reasonably good match to the 212's up front. the 1508 can be stacked and are also wireless, so should be good for setting up in the rear of a large room.
I have considered those a lot. I was concerned with matching them with the S212's. According to REL atleast the S series is a bit more refined? would not wan't to give that up. But yes...6 pack of those in the rear. My gear is at the rear so easy to hook up also.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Where are the 212s placed.
Is the room closed off or open plan.
Front corners. Room is "closed" with a double door to another very large room.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of bass, but I hear them struggle a bit on the most demanding scenes. In this acoustically treatet room with decent gear and speakers I can play fairly loud without it sounding harsh, so 140m3 - 5000 cf. just really needs a lot of headroom from the subs.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi

I am looking to purchase a sub for my magnepan 1.7i speakers and was wondering if there is a large quality jump when comparing the t vs s series subs. The room is medium sized I believe 17x11 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I have considered those a lot. I was concerned with matching them with the S212's. According to REL atleast the S series is a bit more refined? would not wan't to give that up. But yes...6 pack of those in the rear. My gear is at the rear so easy to hook up also.
if its music, in 5.1 surround, then sure the S series would be a great match ... but IMHO for movies the surround channel is mostly for impact and the HT 1508 should be fine .... I would be happy with just the 212s to be honest! great problem to have!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Does anyone know the upper limit of the frequency range for the t zero mark iii and t5? I am trying to figure out if either is a good match for my rear channels which are Gallo acoustics. Using Dirac, I need a cross over at about 100-110hz.

Also, has anyone mapped out the high level cross over to frequency? For example 12 clicks is about 80hz? It would make tuning easier.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I Am considering a T5i sub and just wondering how current owners like the High Level input vs subs that use room correction (my other consideration is a Martin Logan Dynamo 800x). I don’t have an ability to go test either easily but don’t want to return one to my local dealer which isn’t very close to me. Main use is gaming and music nearfield but I want to avoid boomy bass.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Hi, I Am considering a T5i sub and just wondering how current owners like the High Level input vs subs that use room correction (my other consideration is a Martin Logan Dynamo 800x). I don’t have an ability to go test either easily but don’t want to return one to my local dealer which isn’t very close to me. Main use is gaming and music nearfield but I want to avoid boomy bass.
I have a T5i paired with KEF LSX's - they pair brilliantly together, and for music I only notice them when I turned them off, or If Im playing any electronica music... sounds perfect and helps with the mids and highs also ... they are in my study in a near field situation besides my 38" 21:9 monitor... if I end up watching Netflix or something, they sound excellent also... I haven't used them in a 5.1 or EQ... I use the calibration on the back of the REL ... over a period of a week or so, I did small adjustments on the volume and crossover until I got it perfectly .... I kept on reducing the volume over the week.... its barely at 35%.... and makes a big difference.... hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a T5i paired with KEF LSX's - they pair brilliantly together, and for music I only notice them when I turned them off, or If Im playing any electronica music... sounds perfect and helps with the mids and highs also ... they are in my study in a near field situation besides my 38" 21:9 monitor... if I end up watching Netflix or something, they sound excellent also... I haven't used them in a 5.1 or EQ... I use the calibration on the back of the REL ... over a period of a week or so, I did small adjustments on the volume and crossover until I got it perfectly .... I kept on reducing the volume over the week.... its barely at 35%.... and makes a big difference.... hope this helps.
Awesome feedback thanks so much for telling me about your setup and use. I had bought a Martin Logan Dynamo sub but it’s totally changing sound quality when I switch between using aux in to my DAC and streaming via airplay or spotify (becomes very loud and boomy or muddy sounding, have to dial the volume to -40db which is the lowest volume). No matter what combination I do on either on my ios devices or on the amp volume knob for the actual music volume the sub still sounds terrible, louder sounding better overall but being way too loud to listen to (and waking up the kids). It also starts going at different volumes on it's own and is unresponsive in the app a couple times.
I'm thinking the REL might be a better way to go if it just matches the speaker outputs with the high level connection although I hate thinking of a long cable sitting around my area.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Picked up my Limited Edition REL T9i in Ferrari Red.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackspider

·
Registered
500 Posts
DROOOL! I have been trying to resist this, but now I'm going to be forced to buy a pair.
Here’s a pic in my home. Waiting on my stands for my 805d3s to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goalline
1201 - 1220 of 1233 Posts