AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You gotta love the Mariners, 11-3, All star Japanese rookies like Ichiro, dominating the AL West, Beautiful Safeco Field.. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Anyway, I'm pasting my original email to kiro TV 7 in Seattle (Seattle's CBS station and owner to the rights of a handful of major Mariners game in the season) asking them for the Mariners in HDTV. As you might recall, Safeco Field in Seattle was wired completely for HDTV by NHK in Japan for HD Mariners baseball in Japan. The Mariners are very popular there. Anyway my letter is below, I urge ANYBODY in Seattle to also send emails to that address urging them to get the games in HD in Seattle.

Subject: RE: Mariners TV

Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:23:21 -0400

Dear Deepak,

Thank you for your recent email to KIRO 7 Eyewitness News. I will forward your comments and suggestions to our engineering department. At KIRO, we are still working on HDTV broadcasting.

Again, thank you for your comments and for watching KIRO 7.

Sincerely,

Kristina Moy

Communications Coordinator

Recently, the Seattle Mariners announced that all home games at Safeco Field

in Seattle would be shot in High Definition Television (HDTV), primarily for

use by Japanese TV. As you know, KIRO-TV has it's own digital/ HDTV station

operating presently. Because KIRO also has rights to certain Mariners games,

is it at all possible for you to air the High Definition version of the

games you broadcast on your digital station for all of the Seattle residents

in the area with HDTVs? This would be an absolutely amazing viewing

experience for all of us with HDTVs. Providing crystal clear high definition

baseball would almost certainly increase ratings for your digital station.

Please respond to me at this email address, xxxx. I thank

you for your time.

[This message has been edited by dpak2000 (edited 04-18-2001).]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I just had an awful realization...

If it is produced for the japanese market won't all the commentary and captions be in japanese too? (I'd still want to watch it but...)

------------------

It's great to have all this great gear. But I'd instead put all that money into software (Movies) I'd have SOMETHING TO WATCH ON ALL THIS GREAT GEAR. Doh!

·
Registered
12 Posts
you could always listen on the radio...KIRO 710 AM

I would love to see the M's in HDTV...plus,

this year's ALL-STAR Game is in SafeCo field...any possibility that will be b/c in HDTV (I don't know which network has the rights)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't think I've seen ANYTHING locally originated in HD on KIRO 7. They pass through the CBS feeds, but I don't think they actually do any of their own stuff in HD. It's all upconverted NTSC.

------------------

- Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
The All Star Game in HD would indeed be great. Not to throw water on that one though, I think the game is on FOX. If that is true, you can forget HD. I can't wait to hear the FOX excuse for next years Super Bowl not being in HD either.

------------------

jm in Boulder

·
Registered
497 Posts
It's on Fox and this is kinda bad news:

Tues., July 10 on FOX

8 p.m. 72nd All-Star Game from Safeco Field, Seattle

We will be seeing the game on the Anti-HDTV network FOX !

But there is still time left.. maybe we should contact Major League Baseball and make them aware that Safeco Field is wired and ready to go for an HDTV broadcast and that all Mariners games are being broadcast in HDTV for Japanese TV.

MLB email: [email protected]

------------------

***Stop DFAST, HDCP and Boycott JVC*** HTPC1: P-III 800Mhz EB, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS CUSL2 Mobo,Telemann HiPix HDTV PCI card, Geforce 2 GTS 32MB DDR, Creative DVD-RAM, Creative Soundblaster Platinum 5.1 Dolby Digital, IBM 45GB 7200rpm HD, SuperMicro 750 FullTower with 6 fans, Cable Modem, Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u (22")

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.