41 - 60 of 13981 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Hey guys - didn't know the Ultra was out yet. I just ordered online for in-store pickup. I'll grab it tonight if I have a chance and once I have it I'll check to see if Netflix does HDR and at 24hz. If not then I'll likely be returning it and will just use my Panasonic UB900 UHD player for Netflix, tho I think that doesn't support HDR. Speaking of which - are all 4K shows in HDR or only select ones (and if only select ones does Netflix mark which are which)?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Hey guys - didn't know the Ultra was out yet. I just ordered online for in-store pickup. I'll grab it tonight if I have a chance and once I have it I'll check to see if Netflix does HDR and at 24hz. If not then I'll likely be returning it and will just use my Panasonic UB900 UHD player for Netflix, tho I think that doesn't support HDR. Speaking of which - are all 4K shows in HDR or only select ones (and if only select ones does Netflix mark which are which)?
Only select shows are in HDR. Vudu will have a huge library of HDR10 movies once they release them as announced.

·
Registered
520 Posts
[Originally Posted by joez7700 View Post
Is Vudu in 4k?]

Yes, no HDR.
Are you saying no HR10 or no Dolby Vision if you have a set capable of DV. Vudu isn't yet offering HR10, only DV.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Are you saying no HR10 or no Dolby Vision if you have a set capable of DV. Vudu isn't yet offering HR10, only DV.
The Roku Ultra has neither on the Vudu app.

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Only select shows are in HDR. Vudu will have a huge library of HDR10 movies once they release them as announced.
Does it indicate which 4K shows are in HDR and which are not?

Regarding Vudo - if I have UV codes from physical media UHD purchases can I play these back through Vudo (so I don't have to get up and change discs)? If doing that can I still get Atmos. If not, forget that idea (and in which case is DD+ still their "best" quality sound). Tho I would still get the Roku Ultra and see about the 24hz support for Netflix.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Does it indicate which 4K shows are in HDR and which are not?

Regarding Vudo - if I have UV codes from physical media UHD purchases can I play these back through Vudo (so I don't have to get up and change discs)? If doing that can I still get Atmos. If not, forget that idea (and in which case is DD+ still their "best" quality sound). Tho I would still get the Roku Ultra and see about the 24hz support for Netflix.
It depends on the app as to how HDR is indicated. Amazon and Netflix show HDR, whereas FandangoNow doesn't.

I'm not sure on Atmos with streaming.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It depends on the app as to how HDR is indicated. Amazon and Netflix show HDR, whereas FandangoNow doesn't.

I'm not sure on Atmos with streaming.
As I mentioned above I can't get HDR to work with my Vizio m70-d3, however in 4k mode, netflix is at 60hz on the roku ultra, and I see no way to make it 24hz. Using other devices 24hz 4k on netflix is fine.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I would be interested in knowing if you can put a Atmos movies (mkv) on a hard drive connected to the USB port on the Ultra and play them.
This would solve a short term problem for me until I can stream Atmos from a server.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just picked Roku ultra today. Can anyone please assist me with setup? I have a Samsung Hu8550 w/ Sek 3500 that is hdr capable. The hdr badge shows fine on Netflix but the shows look very dark and it looks kind of washed out. Gamma is set to the max, Smart led is set to high, dynamic contrast is on, backlight is on 20 and hdmi cables are the latest specs. Any suggestions to make this look brighter?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Picked up a Premium + at Best Buy today. All seems to be working well on a 4K HDR capable Sony. Only issue so far is the Amazon app doesn't display that the content is playing in HDR, so not sure if the app is working properly yet.
Is Netflix working in HDR?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Does the Ultra play Netflix and Vudu HDX @ 1080/24p and 4K/24p or are we stuck with 60hz?

Also, can one select just 4K without HDR and still have WCG or will it be BT709?

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
As I mentioned above I can't get HDR to work with my Vizio m70-d3, however in 4k mode, netflix is at 60hz on the roku ultra, and I see no way to make it 24hz. Using other devices 24hz 4k on netflix is fine.
That's bad news. Movies should be 24Hz, otherwise will look like a soap opera. My Oppo 103 sends 24 frames but is only 1080P. Internal app from my Samsung TV also sends 60 Hz . Which other devices you have that outputs Netflix 4K at 24 Hz ?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Has anyone streamed Dolby Atmos through the Roku Premier or Ultra. If so, details please.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been using the Roku Ultra for the past few hours and so far no HDR on Vudu, Amazon or Netflix I do get 4k at 60hz no 24p that I have seen. The ultra scales everything to 4K:60Hz. Audio output has been Dolby Digital + only. So far it's no better than my Roku 4. I think it's going back to Walmart. sometime this week.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
The Roku 4 had two 4K output settings; "4K" and "4K 10-bit". Netflix would only be in 24p if 4K 10-bit was selected.

Does the new Roku have a setting for 10-bit output?

41 - 60 of 13981 Posts