AVS Forum banner

15001 - 15020 of 15122 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The TV next to me still has Fandango, so it must be model specific. But for the devices with Vudu on the home screen I wouldn't be surprised if you could access all your Vudu content there. I'll have to look at my 4800 later today.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The TV next to me still has Fandango, so it must be model specific. But for the devices with Vudu on the home screen I wouldn't be surprised if you could access all your Vudu content there. I'll have to look at my 4800 later today.
you may not get VUDU unless you bought the Roku from Walmart. The VUDU store on the Home Screen, that is.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Possible. None of mine came from there.

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
you may not get VUDU unless you bought the Roku from Walmart. The VUDU store on the Home Screen, that is.
My Rokus have VUDU and not purchased at Walmart

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
My Rokus have VUDU and not purchased at Walmart
I was referring to the Vudu store on the side bar, not the actual channel. I think the side bar is walmart only, or do you have the Vudu store on your side bar where the settings and other options are?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I just checked my 4800. It came directly from Roku. It has the Movie & TV Store by Vudu on the menu grid of the home screen. When I looked at it, all I could see was titles for sale. My media was not listed. Opening the Vudu channel itself is the only place my digital media appeared. Not counting of course the same media is in Movies Anywhere, Google Play, Prime Video, and I think Apple TV.

Reactions: MacinMan

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I just checked my 4800. It came directly from Roku. It has the Movie & TV Store by Vudu on the menu grid of the home screen. When I looked at it, all I could see was titles for sale. My media was not listed. Opening the Vudu channel itself is the only place my digital media appeared. Not counting of course the same media is in Movies Anywhere, Google Play, Prime Video, and I think Apple TV.
That was my experience as well, at a glance. Just thought I would ask to see if anyone else had the same, or different experience. I remember the Fandango NOW store also gave access to purchased content from the Home Screen, but you also had to link the Roku first back then. Thanks for checking.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Does Roku have a hidden menu like Fire TV devices that show the resolution, refresh rate, and bitrate of whatever is streaming at the moment? Is there an easy way to get this info on a Roku?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Does Roku have a hidden menu like Fire TV devices that show the resolution, refresh rate, and bitrate of whatever is streaming at the moment? Is there an easy way to get this info on a Roku?
Nope, not within the Roku OS. A few apps have a way to provide details, such as Netflix or YouTube.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
That's strange because the one I got from Roku has the Fandango store, did your roku remote have a Vudu key? Roku's that do have Vudu store along the left were initially only on roku's sold at walmart. Vudu store didn't replace the Fandango Now store, before the Vudu store showed up roku at sold at walmart had NO movie & tv store along the left side at all. On those Fandango Now was just a tile like all other apps.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
That's strange because the one I got from Roku has the Fandango store, did your roku remote have a Vudu key? Roku's that do have Vudu store along the left were initially only on roku's sold at walmart. Vudu store didn't replace the Fandango Now store, before the Vudu store showed up roku at sold at walmart had NO movie & tv store along the left side at all. On those Fandango Now was just a tile like all other apps.
The VUDU store must have been a recent addition to a RokuOS update. My 2 4660 Units also have it now. They didn't on out of box setup. All came from Walmart.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'm not near that TV at the moment, but if I recall it does have a Vudu button. Perhaps they've entered a long term agreement to have their button on all remotes, similar to Hulu.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm not near that TV at the moment, but if I recall it does have a Vudu button. Perhaps they've entered a long term agreement to have their button on all remotes, similar to Hulu.
I remember Fandango purchased VUDU, so does Walmart even matter anymore here?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
How many new ultra models are there ??
Looking on Amazon I see 3 different new models.
Roku Ultra 2020
Newest Roku Ultra
Roku Ultra LT- The LT model actually has the same shape as my 4660x and appears to be a reboxed 4660 or 4670 with an HDMI cable.
The '2020' and 'newest' appear to be the same other than price. Both of these units have the new, slightly different shape. I can't see any difference in the description and Amazon doesn't list the model #.
Anyone here know what's what??

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
How many new ultra models are there ??
Looking on Amazon I see 3 different new models.
Roku Ultra 2020
Newest Roku Ultra
Roku Ultra LT- The LT model actually has the same shape as my 4660x and appears to be a reboxed 4660 or 4670 with an HDMI cable.
The '2020' and 'newest' appear to be the same other than price. Both of these units have the new, slightly different shape. I can't see any difference in the description and Amazon doesn't list the model #.
Anyone here know what's what??
LT is a walmart only version that has less RAM and slower CPU than the 2020 model. LT is similar to 4660 except they removed the USB port.

compare the two here: Roku

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
LT is a walmart only version that has less RAM and slower CPU than the 2020 model. LT is similar to 4660 except they removed the USB port.

compare the two here: Roku
OK.
But is there a difference between the '2020' and 'newest' models listed on Amazon besides the price?
The Roku webpage just shows one new model 4K/DV/DAtmos model for the lower Amazon price.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
OK.
But is there a difference between the '2020' and 'newest' models listed on Amazon besides the price?
The Roku webpage just shows one new model 4K/DV/DAtmos model for the lower Amazon price.
The "new" Ultra is the 4800. It supports Dolby Vision, AC-4 audio, and has an audio passthrough setting that at the moment has only limited use. It still has a Fast Ethernet port (not Gigabot) and a USB port, but has lost the SD card slot. It has a different processor from previous Roku players and more system memory than other Roku players (2GB vs 1GB or less). It also has two user programmable buttons on the remote that no other Roku has ever offered. The previous version of the Ultra is the 4670. It still has the SD card slot and also has 2 GB of memory.

I have both the 4670 and 4800. I notice the 4800 seems much faster for loading channels. I have some issues playing some of my local media, in that it is not always showing the video in the correct aspect ratio using RMP.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I was referring to the Vudu store on the side bar, not the actual channel. I think the side bar is walmart only, or do you have the Vudu store on your side bar where the settings and other options are?
How odd. I have a 2019 Ultra (4670RW) also bought from Walmart. It doesn't have Vudu on the side-bar.

BTW, I assume you know you can move apps around within the "Home" tab. (Unfortunately from my perspective, they don't have a way to quickly put them in alphabetical order.) But if you love Vudu, you can put it on top, so you can move to it from the start screen with one key press. Also, if you have a programmable Roku remote, you can program one of the keys to open it, or use the microphone button and say "vudu"

I'm surprised that recent Walmart Roku's would still put Vudu on the sidebar, now that they sold Vudu to Fandango, which may to have made the app marginally more time consuming to use, if you are only interested in the free stuff. (I avoided giving Roku a payment method, or removed it, which makes Rokus less dangerous to use.) But you can't please everyone.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
How odd. I have a 2019 Ultra (4670RW) also bought from Walmart. It doesn't have Vudu on the side-bar.

BTW, I assume you know you can move apps around within the "Home" tab. (Unfortunately from my perspective, they don't have a way to quickly put them in alphabetical order.) But if you love Vudu, you can put it on top, so you can move to it from the start screen with one key press. Also, if you have a programmable Roku remote, you can program one of the keys to open it, or use the microphone button and say "vudu"

I'm surprised that recent Walmart Roku's would still put Vudu on the sidebar, now that they sold Vudu to Fandango, which may to have made the app marginally more time consuming to use, if you are only interested in the free stuff. (I avoided giving Roku a payment method, or removed it, which makes Rokus less dangerous to use.) But you can't please everyone.
I arrange my channels from most used to type of content, and then the last group is least used to Misc. VUDU is on the top for me.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The "new" Ultra is the 4800. It supports Dolby Vision, AC-4 audio, and has an audio passthrough setting that at the moment has only limited use. It still has a Fast Ethernet port (not Gigabot) and a USB port, but has lost the SD card slot. It has a different processor from previous Roku players and more system memory than other Roku players (2GB vs 1GB or less). It also has two user programmable buttons on the remote that no other Roku has ever offered. The previous version of the Ultra is the 4670. It still has the SD card slot and also has 2 GB of memory.

I have both the 4670 and 4800. I notice the 4800 seems much faster for loading channels. I have some issues playing some of my local media, in that it is not always showing the video in the correct aspect ratio using RMP.
I guess I'm not being clear.
If you go to Amazon's website and search Roku there are 2 different models that appear to be identical. Not the 4670, but the new model with the different looking case that is slightly bigger at the base and has matte finish, where the older 4660/4670 are slightly bigger on the top and is shiny.
These newer looking model(s) appear to be exactly the same, except for the price which is $79 for the '2020' model and the 'newest' for $159.
I am asking if there is any difference between these models other than the price ?

15001 - 15020 of 15122 Posts