AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I am jealous. I have the mount hanging in my theater but no big black shiny box yet.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Can't wait to hear all about it!!! And lot's of pictures!!

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
I hope to get my RS40 next week from the AVS Store (hear that Jason). I'll be replacing a 2-year old Epson 6500UB and moving the 'old' projector to my 2nd home. Hopefully Jason, Petri and Ekki will be getting their production models for review this week and we can then get answers to some of the outstanding questions that came up with the pre-production models that Petri and Ekki had evaluated.

·
Registered
819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi /forum/post/19577258

Just got my Rs40 in.

Awesome.

Questions (of course)....

1. How's the motion handling?

2. Is it really bright (2D)

3. Is there any color fringing on fast objects?

4. Do you game? If so, any noticeable delay?

Congrats on your new toy!!!!! I'm going to upgrade soon myself.

I don't care too much about, "how's the color uniformity, dead pixels, there's a red line across the top, is this normal?", etc., because these are issues that a replacement projector could fix (until you're happy).

The above questions, however will be consistent now matter how many exchange units you receive (assuming there is a problem with your unit of course).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It's 32% heavier then my Sharp 12000 =) I hope my 2x10 holds =)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have set up only the RS50 for now. Not sure I will show the rs40. Sorry to keep you guys in suspense. I also offer that my technical savvy to answer detailed questions would have been limited since i am not a calibrator.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
In the true words of Homer Simpson 'Doh!'

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
I think I might be speaking for a lot of people when I say that we're very interested in the digital noise issue that Petri and Ekki brought up in the BIG JVC thread. Could you make it a top priority to check for this? Some of us are more interested in 3D, and some of us are more interested in 2D, but I think this issue has everyone concerned. Petri saw it in the X7 (RS50) more than the X3 (RS40), but it was a problem in both preview units.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/19580878

I hope to get my RS40 next week from the AVS Store (hear that Jason)..

;o)

Can't wait for ya to tell us ur thoughts adidadi....

·
Registered
13,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/19580878

I hope to get my RS40 next week from the AVS Store (hear that Jason). I'll be replacing a 2-year old Epson 6500UB and moving the 'old' projector to my 2nd home. Hopefully Jason, Petri and Ekki will be getting their production models for review this week and we can then get answers to some of the outstanding questions that came up with the pre-production models that Petri and Ekki had evaluated.

Ron, do you have some inside information?
I asked jason recently and they weren't certain when the stock was arriving. I ordered right after AVS returned from CEDIA, I hope I make the first batch. I was thinking about switching to the 50 if possible.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k /forum/post/19583236

Ron, do you have some inside information?
I asked jason recently and they weren't certain when the stock was arriving. I ordered right after AVS returned from CEDIA, I hope I make the first batch. I was thinking about switching to the 50 if possible.

No inside info here - From past posts by Jason and others at AVS Store I suspect that the first batch of projectors are being shipped from JVC to AVS this week, so hopefully AVS will be shipping to customers next week. The big question is how many, and which models they will be getting and how far down the preorder list that will take care of.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiman /forum/post/19583595

Is there a throw distance calculator for the rs-40? i have to fill a 92X54 screen.

You can download the user manual from the link from THIS POST provided by GaryB_UK (works for JVC in the UK) in the original (i.e., Large) thread. It has the throw distance requirement info there. As I recall the shortest throw distance accommodated by the zoom is very close to 1.4 times screen width and the longest throw supported is approx. 2.8 time the screen width. This manual is for the new X series which are functionally identical to the new RS series (i.e., X3 = RS40). The screen size and throw distance table is on page 23, with the throw distances are listed in meters (or metres) so if you are working in feet/inches will will need to do the conversion.

·
Mod & Bluray Reviewer
2,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi /forum/post/19583025

I have set up only the RS50 for now. Not sure I will show the rs40. Sorry to keep you guys in suspense. I also offer that my technical savvy to answer detailed questions would have been limited since i am not a calibrator.

Then why start the official thread if you are not going to even power up the unit or give any love or care to the thread?

·
Registered
17,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Weber /forum/post/19585211

Then why start the official thread if you are not going to even power up the unit or give any love or care to the thread?

No doubt..........I vote to close this thread and let the first RS40 owner who will actually open and use the unit have the honors
Of course if adidadi has decided to open the 40, then lets keep this one going and get some impressions!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.