AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45797 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html


There never seems to be an 'Official' Rythmik thread so....


Hopefully members can post here and representatives from Rythmik (Brian) can more readily answer questions that are normally strewn about in many threads.


Rythmik now offers complete subwoofers as well as the traditional kits.


Maybe Brian will subscribe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Rythmik is planning on offering 500w and 600w amps in the future.


At this point it looks like they are not available in servo form.


Hopefully, they will at some point and perhaps this is a migration towards some higher SPL models from Rythmik.


Perhaps Brian can comment on future plans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
i sure love my d15se i got 6 months ago



love it so much.. soon ill be upgrading my current 2x front subs to 2x f15se



d15se will stay behind the sofa (shakin+bakin)



the 3x rythmik subs will be accompanied by 5x yamaha msr250 as mains


signals: sound card: modded ht omega halo xt/lt1028 opamps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
id be more interested in rythmik mains/towers for clean/tight/accurate full range


sealed/servo/active mains lol how about it brian ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Does anyone have first-hand photos of the F15SE yet? I'd really like to see one with a size reference item like a DVD case sitting next to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvgillow /forum/post/17883298


Does anyone have first-hand photos of the F15SE yet? I'd really like to see one with a size reference item like a DVD case sitting next to it.

Jeremy...the SE is just a piano gloss version of the F15. I can put a CD case up against my F15 and take a picture if you would like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Just ordered a rythmik F15 from ascend audio yesterday, and they shipped it today. Thats fast shipping.


Three more days to awesome bass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshpc /forum/post/17883645


Just ordered a rythmik F15 from ascend audio yesterday, and they shipped it today. Thats fast shipping.


Three more days to awesome bass.

Congrats on your purchase!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmV5 /forum/post/17880996


id be more interested in rythmik mains/towers for clean/tight/accurate full range


sealed/servo/active mains lol how about it brian ??

Well, I did have a project like that. The idea is to extend the servo operation to midrange driver while keeping the tweeter nonservo. I have done everything I could to reduce the voice coil inductance, including an alumimun phase plug which may turn out to be a bad idea. Just demonstrated the system at Danny's house (GR Research) before holiday. Since the midrange can also be used as nonservo, I have design a passive xover for the midrange drivers so that they have the same response as in servo mode. This makes the comparison of servo vs nonservo easier. To make the long story short, I do think the improvement on dynamics such as drums is very audible. However, there are some resonances above 500hz that keeps them from being perfectly flat and Danny can easily point them out even before we proceeded to measurement. It is a type of parasitic resonances that servo cannot correct. Because those resonances showed up only after I put them in enclosures, I do suspect it arises from enclosure's air spring and the air gap between phase plug and voice coil. In short, the box is technically not sealed at all. I will try out different enclosure type such as TL or vented box so those 5-1/4 midrange driver can play into 50hz/40hz without a sub. While it may not play very low, it does make the assessment of merits easier.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmst3 /forum/post/17875566


In case anyone hasn't noticed, Rythmik is planning on offering 500w and 600w amps in the future.


At this point it looks like they are not available in servo form.


Hopefully, they will at some point and perhaps this is a migration towards some higher SPL models from Rythmik.


Perhaps Brian can comment on future plans.

First, thanks for starting this thread. I will try to answer questions in a timely manner. If not, a reminder to my email will help.


All of our amps can be configured as servo. I am waiting for a new 15" driver that goes with H600 amp. H500 will be used for an upcoming vented sub. That may explain why they appear to be only for nonservo.


As for question about 18" driver, I have to say I don't have plan for that. But I do plan to offer dual 15" configuration. Two of them will be driven by an H600 amp. The only downside is enclosure size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,575 Posts
Hey Brian,


I've been really enjoying my F12.


Have you ever thought of going the other size direction and building a F10 for those with sub size constraints?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik /forum/post/17884435


First, thanks for starting this thread. I will try to answer questions in a timely manner. If not, a reminder to my email will help.


All of our amps can be configured as servo. I am waiting for a new 15" driver that goes with H600 amp. H500 will be used for an upcoming vented sub. That may explain why they appear to be only for nonservo.


As for question about 18" driver, I have to say I don't have plan for that. But I do plan to offer dual 15" configuration. Two of them will be driven by an H600 amp. The only downside is enclosure size.

Hey Brian,


No problem! I thought your caliber of products and support here warranted an Official thread.



Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here.



The thought of a dual 15" is definitely intriguing for those that need more SPL for various applications. Thanks for clearing up the servo/non-servo new amp confusion too. That is exciting news!

Keep up the great work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
^ personally im not getting 2x more 15" rythmik subs for higher spl.. 1x d15se is more than enough.. im getting 2x more for extra potent rumble/tremor/eathquake @ low spl



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik /forum/post/17884356

Well, I did have a project like that. The idea is to extend the servo operation to midrange driver while keeping the tweeter nonservo. I have done everything I could to reduce the voice coil inductance, including an alumimun phase plug which may turn out to be a bad idea. Just demonstrated the system at Danny's house (GR Research) before holiday. Since the midrange can also be used as nonservo, I have design a passive xover for the midrange drivers so that they have the same response as in servo mode. This makes the comparison of servo vs nonservo easier. To make the long story short, I do think the improvement on dynamics such as drums is very audible. However, there are some resonances above 500hz that keeps them from being perfectly flat and Danny can easily point them out even before we proceeded to measurement. It is a type of parasitic resonances that servo cannot correct. Because those resonances showed up only after I put them in enclosures, I do suspect it arises from enclosure's air spring and the air gap between phase plug and voice coil. In short, the box is technically not sealed at all. I will try out different enclosure type such as TL or vented box so those 5-1/4 midrange driver can play into 50hz/40hz without a sub. While it may not play very low, it does make the assessment of merits easier.

awesome!!


but even with those resonances it probably sounds better than a lot of the loudspeakers out there



how about a vaccum sealed enclosure ?? without imploding
lol


how about full range servo driver instead ??
bigger enclosure probably ?


i dont care/mind how big the enclosure needs to get to minimize those parasitic resonances.. make it as big you have to


is this the plan for 2010/release loudspeakers sometime this year ? cause i could wait on the mains upgrade..


thanks brian!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
How many of you have played with the bass extension controls (amp tuning)? Or is everybody just stuck on 14Hz and Hi damping?


For my set up music sounds best there, however I find a bit more bass "kick" for movies with the damping on Low (however it feels just a little too flabby with music). What's been your experiences?

Because of the location of my subs, it would have been nice to have it on remote control though. Hey Brian, ever consider doing this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneex /forum/post/17885514


I would really be interested in a something small. Maybe an f10? Is there any future plans for that?

10" is not very effective as a subwoofer playing signals below 100hz. If one wants a smaller enclosure and can accept slightly lower SPL output, I think a solution with a GR SW12-4 driver in a 1cu ft net volume enclosure, driven by a smaller 300WRMS amp may just work. I have to build one and hear it though. I used to have DS12CV drivers that can be used the same way. However, the demand was not as high and after me and Danny came out with SW12-4, there is no point of having two drivers competing in the same space. So for now, for compact enclosure, I would recommend GR SW12-4 drivers.


The next reasonable size down for me is actually 8" with full servo control below 200hz. There are some good transducers out there (coaxial, ribbon, to name a few) that can benefit from this type of extended bass units.
 
1 - 20 of 45797 Posts
Top