AVS Forum banner

28961 - 28980 of 45059 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
you know, everything sounds same argument...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
its marantz 7008. its pretty good, but I think I can improve...just not til I upgrade tv and comcast gives me 4k :)

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
My older Yamaha 3030 would clip because of my adcom 7805. Amp is asking for more current that avr can't send. Than it exceeds the voltage limit of preout. Why I switched to onkyo. My rz900 was 4v preouts. The Yamaha had 1.6v. Now I back to Yamaha 3060 but my 7001 definitive are so easy to drive loud that I haven't clipped anything.

Remember our car stereos? We always wanted 4v preouts. Because it could drive any amp. Same thing in our receivers.

Only receivers with high current preouts are onkyo/integra

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
That's what it is. With the Marantz 7008 preouts aren't strong enough for that amp. I'll look but the 7007 I had was 1.8v. Your only using half the power that nad could give you.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
yea, i raised / about pre amp voltages but no1 argued on thread of any difference...Im looking at better preamp, but run into all **** sounds the same here.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Yeah most people don't get it. Marantz is not a good preamp at all. It's 2v at 0 volume. It's not enough to drive those amps.

Makes me laugh because their 3000-4000$ pre amps are similar. They only run well with their cheap 150 watt amps.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Yeah most people don't get it. Marantz is not a good preamp at all. It's 2v at 0 volume. It's not enough to drive those amps.

Makes me laugh because their 3000-4000$ pre amps are similar. They only run well with their cheap 150 watt amps.
way back i switched from 4volt pre out to 8v preout eclipse head units and i suddenly started winning comps...weird but i believe you.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
8v even better. Back when I was doing it 4v was about the top level. 8v would of been awesome.

You can get a multimeter and test the voltage. Highest avr I ever tested was a denon 4308. Was 18v. Now the new denons are 1.5-2v and know one notices.

Seems like the majority of people have no idea this is happening

·
Registered
21,187 Posts
Yeah. Totally agree back in the 90's we had a group that had cars hitting over 150db. I had a 2000 focus hatch that had 8 solbaric 15" l7. Sound quality wasn't great but I got a sponsor from them so all was free. Lol. Hit 161db.

I just don't understand why people get high powered subs and never turn it over 100db. The sound on a sub is different to all. I just can't hear the difference from rythmik fv15hp and say svs pb2000 at 80db. It's not hearing loss either. I can hear great when I want too. Just ask my wife. I have to get my hearing checked every year due to a disability I have.

A lot of people I know get 2 or even 4 subs and have me come listen and it sounds like one great sub. One great sub in the right spot of the room run hot will surprise anyone.
You are talking about SPL output only. That's only part of what one should consider before buying a subwoofer, it seems to me. It's equally important to know how low a frequency at ~110dB a sub can reproduce before the level of distortion becomes unacceptable. The FV18s are rated as having a tuning frequency of 12Hz, which with two subs and room gain give me a lot of ULF goodness. I don't know of any subwoofer currently available on the market, which matches or exceeds those specs this side of the JTR 4000ULF and 2400ULF.

By the way, did you infer somehow that I never listen at SPL levels >100dB? If so, I suggest you infer again.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Never inferred anything about over 100 db about you. I was talking about other people that I know and have heard their systems. I saw you say you don't exceed 115-120db. The fv18 is a awesome sub without a doubt! I'm glad you are very happy with them. I'm a huge rythmik fan. I didn't say get something like a pair of svs pb2000. I said a pair of fv15hp would of been plenty. The fv18 is without a doubt better than fv15hp. Maybe I'll talk to Brian again soon about this, but it's only 2db louder in the lower bass. And around that in the mid bass as well.

The sound quality on fv18 and fv15hp will be very similar. Except fv18 gets louder. Which is great. At 115 db it would be hard to tell the difference from fv18 and fv15hp.

My next move will be two fv25 in stereo with my two fv15hp near field. Two fv15hp stacked is better than one fv25.

Also that might be why your getting so many rattles and creeks. That low bass isn't really useable to all. You might want to change your settings and run sub wide open to cut those low frequencies out.

Those are just my observations. I do love it loud I won't apologize for that. I also enjoy clean sounding subs. That's why I stick to rythmik. Jtr you talked about are monsters and very nice. I'd just never want a sub that looks like that again.

I've done seaton. Jtr. Psa. Epik. Elemental. Hsu. Svs. Deep sea and more.

Just keep coming back to rythmik. Lol

·
Registered
6,043 Posts

Which Seaton, Jtr, psa, hsu, DSS and svs models? You cover just about all the ID companies out there. Can you elaborate on the 'keep coming back to Rythmik' part? because.....?

·
Banned
1,379 Posts

Which Seaton, Jtr, psa, hsu, DSS and svs models? You cover just about all the ID companies out there. Can you elaborate on the 'keep coming back to Rythmik' part? because.....?
Epik conquest: amazing sub. Huge 18" driver. Probably better than most made now. Earth shattering lows.

Epik empire: chad talked me into these. I had 4. Dual opposed 15". Huge mid bass. Usable output down to 8-10hz. Especially with 4

Seaton submersivehp: amazing sub but sounded like 2 epik empire. After empire amps died I wanted something different

Svs:tried pb1000 not good anywhere. Was going to be bedroom sub. Pb2000 it's ok was bought for my sons room nothing life changing. Svs pc12plus was bought to save room and no midbass and lows were just so so. Big disappointment. Pb13ultra was ok again but not what I wanted. I wanted 30-60hz bass that sounded clean and loud above 120db. So I gave up on svs.

Psa: than I went to Psa. Lol. Got two xv15 was really surprised how good they were. Excellent lows and midbass slam. Than I wanted more

Rythmik: got one rythmik lv12r for my music room. Just was ok. It made some bad noises and hit limiter easily. Also got two Rythmik fv15hp. Was great. Had that high sound quality. Almost like a sealed sub with ported output. Than I called Tom at Psa. Lol

Psa: Tom talked me into Xv30fse and took one of my Rythmik as trade. Lol. Great guy. He still has it. I kept one fv15hp for music room. Still have it. Xv30fse was a monster and gave me amazing output but was really similar to fv15hp. So I wanted more so I added two xs30 to the mix. Great subs. Midbass was there. Lows was there it was perfect. Than we moved and we no longer had media room. Damn my disease that stopped me from working. Lol

We moved and I tried svs that I already talked about like pc12plus. Needed smaller footprint.

hsu: vtf3 mk5 for my bedroom was incredible was very tunable and really good tight clean bass. Just recently sold it was overkill

Than wife said I could have one awesome sub in our living room so I went dss. Found a guy selling used locally.

Dss: had the 24" mariana. Great sub. So clean. Was very happy with low extension and so much output everywhere. I think I fell in love with the hi end look. I was missing what I had once before. So I sold it.

Jtr:cap1400. Was great sub. Maybe the best single sub I had. Massive output. Great sound quality. Sub screams don't turn the lights on. Wife hated the look. So it was gone.

Psa: talked wife into two psa v1800. Moved everything around. To get two subs in. Everything was better again. I realized I needed 2 subs at least. The bass just wasn't what my rythmiks were or my old Psa setup. They were good just a looser sound. If that makes since.

Rythmik: back to two fv15hp with xlr master slave. Brian informed me they had new drivers. Made me happy! Wow as soon as I heard them I was back to what I wanted. Deep clean bass. Was perfect for me. Brought me back to the sound of my 4 epik and my seaton. That sealed slam with the ported lows. Great combo.

Now we are moving again to a bigger house with a media room. First thing I do in that room is 2 fv25 to go with 2 fv15hp. It'll be the best system I've ever had.

Sorry for such a long post. If you want me to go into more detail about certain sub I will. Just didn't want to go to crazy. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
nt dss. Found a guy selling used locally.

Dss: had the 24" mariana. Great sub. So clean. Was very happy with low extension and so much output everywhere. I think I fell in love with the hi end look. I was missing what I had once before. So I sold it.
Curious why you sold the Dss. Sounds like a great sub. If I had the funds, it would between Mariana's or Rythmik's best sealed. Alas, I don't have $8000(!) for two Mariana. What I have now actually gets the job done, but I understand it is second rate, there is always "what if". Plus, if I was ever able to get either of those, they would be my last sub, nothing that huge is coming back upstairs until after I die :D

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
I needed a second sub. Couldn't afford to buy another dss. I only paid $2500 for the one I got.

2 rythmik fv15hp outperforms the one 24" Dss. Was beautiful sub though. Made me feel rich. Lol

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Epik conquest: amazing sub. Huge 18" driver. Probably better than most made now. Earth shattering lows.

Epik empire: chad talked me into these. I had 4. Dual opposed 15". Huge mid bass. Usable output down to 8-10hz. Especially with 4

Seaton submersivehp: amazing sub but sounded like 2 epik empire. After empire amps died I wanted something different

Svs:tried pb1000 not good anywhere. Was going to be bedroom sub. Pb2000 it's ok was bought for my sons room nothing life changing. Svs pc12plus was bought to save room and no midbass and lows were just so so. Big disappointment. Pb13ultra was ok again but not what I wanted. I wanted 30-60hz bass that sounded clean and loud above 120db. So I gave up on svs.

Psa: than I went to Psa. Lol. Got two xv15 was really surprised how good they were. Excellent lows and midbass slam. Than I wanted more

Rythmik: got one rythmik lv12r for my music room. Just was ok. It made some bad noises and hit limiter easily. Also got two Rythmik fv15hp. Was great. Had that high sound quality. Almost like a sealed sub with ported output. Than I called Tom at Psa. Lol

Psa: Tom talked me into Xv30fse and took one of my Rythmik as trade. Lol. Great guy. He still has it. I kept one fv15hp for music room. Still have it. Xv30fse was a monster and gave me amazing output but was really similar to fv15hp. So I wanted more so I added two xs30 to the mix. Great subs. Midbass was there. Lows was there it was perfect. Than we moved and we no longer had media room. Damn my disease that stopped me from working. Lol

We moved and I tried svs that I already talked about like pc12plus. Needed smaller footprint.

hsu: vtf3 mk5 for my bedroom was incredible was very tunable and really good tight clean bass. Just recently sold it was overkill

Than wife said I could have one awesome sub in our living room so I went dss. Found a guy selling used locally.

Jtr:cap1400. Was great sub. Maybe the best single sub I had. Massive output. Great sound quality. Sub screams don't turn the lights on. Wife hated the look. So it was gone.

Psa: talked wife into two psa v1800. Moved everything around. To get two subs in. Everything was better again. I realized I needed 2 subs at least. The bass just wasn't what my rythmiks were or my old Psa setup. They were good just a looser sound. If that makes since.

Rythmik: back to two fv15hp with xlr master slave. Brian informed me they had new drivers. Made me happy! Wow as soon as I heard them I was back to what I wanted. Deep clean bass. Was perfect for me. Brought me back to the sound of my 4 epik and my seaton. That sealed slam with the ported lows. Great combo.

Now we are moving again to a bigger house with a media room. First thing I do in that room is 2 fv25 to go with 2 fv15hp. It'll be the best system I've ever had.

Sorry for such a long post. If you want me to go into more detail about certain sub I will. Just didn't want to go to crazy. Lol
Next time my wife complains about me changing gear I will have her read your reply :eek:. I wish we were neighbors (it's possible) I could've heard every sub i've dreamed about owning.

Reactions: gwsat and femi

·
Registered
566 Posts
does anyone have the FV25HP? I have been looking online for reviews.
I am in a situation where I potentially can get a unit. Im currently running 2xPB13 Ultras and 1xPB16 in my HT / living room.

Can / will the FV25HP play well with the SVS Ultras?

any advise would be appreciated.

28961 - 28980 of 45059 Posts