AVS Forum banner

29021 - 29040 of 46170 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Haha yes. What I want to get out of it. Well best reason is I want to cause I can. I like big bass and the Rythmik have a tempting size to be honest.

I can't go 18 all around. I can't sell second hand in China. So I'll need to keep what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What does that mean you can't sell a 2nd hand in China?

You could try the rythmik and see if you like it. Also you mentioned your pb13s are on ends of couch....have you tried them behind you? You will get more tactile feel that way if that is what you are seeking. I wish I had a 3rd pb13....maybe sell it second hand to me! :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just want to capture this Ryhtmik setup guide information with a current post as I spent some amount of time trying to track down the source, so maybe it can benefit at least one other person like me. The guide is probably common knowledge to some but it was elusive for me.

The file is “Dialing-in Rythmik Subwoofers,” authored by user laulau. It’s an eleven page setup guide that also has the subtitle “My Generic RYTHMIK PEQ3 Subwoofer Setup Guide (YMMV).”

The link to the current version of his guide is in laulau’s signature line in post #16122 in this thread (post link below). The version date as of this post is 25 Apr 17.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1214550-official-rythmik-audio-subwoofer-thread-538.html#post25314641

I know it's been out a while but thank you to laulau for putting in a fantastic amount of effort to collect and document this information. I also know Rythmik has their own setup guides but it’s still good to have such a comprehensive alternative like this.

I wish the forum had a better way to flag this kind of information within a thread.

Thanks for the shout-out. I'm glad that you (and hopefully others) found it useful, I consider it my contribution to the cause.

The link to it is always in my signature, you just have to stumble across one of my occasional posts. :D

Reactions: torii

·
Registered
566 Posts
What does that mean you can't sell a 2nd hand in China?

You could try the rythmik and see if you like it. Also you mentioned your pb13s are on ends of couch....have you tried them behind you? You will get more tactile feel that way if that is what you are seeking. I wish I had a 3rd pb13....maybe sell it second hand to me! :)

there is no 2nd market in China like in USA for hifi equipment, So it will be hard for me to sell my 3 ultra to switch to Rythmik. But honestly I dont want to give up my Ultras. I want to try something new, something different.
My room doesnt allow me to put the PB13s behind me.. Only at the side of my sofa... Its kinda cramped already hahaha but I can fit 1 more sub and then I should be done for a while

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I wouldnt sell any of your subs. the rhythmik 15hp is special. buy it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I'm building my new theater. Going to be 26x19 with 9 foot ceilings. I have (2) fv15hp's that I was planning to sale and get either some jtr 2400ulf's or 218ht's or PSA 3601's but now I'm thinking I could keep the (2) fv15hp's and place both behind my listen position and buy (2) fv25's and put up front behind the screen.. Thoughts??

That sounds like a good plan.
Similar models, with more power at the greater distance.
My room is about that size, and it took me 4 (F25) subs before I was happy with he output.
You'd have to talk to Rythmik about whether there are phase concerns with mixing FV15HPs and FV25s.
There may be specific settings that get them to play nice.

·
Registered
21,203 Posts
Fv18 just came out. Fv25 will be released soon from what I understand
I think this is right. As you know I bought first two production FV18s. Don't know, though, how many others have been sold thus far. Also, I believe the FV25s haven't started shipping yet.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I think this is right. As you know I bought first two production FV18s. Don't know, though, how many others have been sold thus far. Also, I believe the FV25s haven't started shipping yet.

I also heard of a FV18HP. No idea on specs or pricing. Anyone else heard about them?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think a FV18 would integrate better with the Ultras being it has a 16hz native tune then the FV25's 12hz.
FV18 is 12hz as far as I know.

Something I've been wondering though;

The FV18 uses 900W RMS and the FV25 uses 1800W RMS.

A 120Vx15A breaker can handle 1800W and a 120Vx20A breaker can handle 2400W (obviously a tandem would be double that).

If I'm wanting two subs, that means I need to be able to handle 1800W RMS and 3600W RMS respectively.

How much power would the subs actually/typically pull? Do they really sit at their RMS values?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have pics of their FVX15 setup?

I'm looking at buying one, but I'm trying to work out if it's too big for my setup. I have a 40" TV, and 2x Def Tech BP8020ST's, so my current setup is on the smaller side.

Also, is it OK to have the sub placed facing sideways? It would stick out front-ways less, also expose the front less to small kids and animals.

Anyways, pics appriciated!

·
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
3,213 Posts
Does anyone have pics of their FVX15 setup?

I'm looking at buying one, but I'm trying to work out if it's too big for my setup. I have a 40" TV, and 2x Def Tech BP8020ST's, so my current setup is on the smaller side.

Also, is it OK to have the sub placed facing sideways? It would stick out front-ways less, also expose the front less to small kids and animals.

Anyways, pics appriciated!

Here is my FV15HP setup on the left side of my front left. I believe it is the same size as the FVX15 with the amp being the difference.

29021 - 29040 of 46170 Posts