Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
The sub shipped today and is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. I have been doing a lot of reading and I am looking forward to testing all of the controls and taking measurements.
Same here on all accounts. Mine should also arrive Thursday. I've read the integration of multiple subs through 2x4 HD Guide twice already. Going to give it another read through today. I'm debating if I should run them in one or two port mode. My initial thought is to try one first and after setup try the EOT scene and World War Z grenade scene to see the difference vs just the one (which were not good at all before). If I still wind up with major port noise and chuffing I'll open them both up to 2 port.
I think this is a good idea and should yield good results. You'll get more boundary gain in that position. You can always move it back without much effort.
I'll try this position first then. Thanks for the idea.
I'd like to try newer marantz 7011. The 7010 was not very good. Denon models were better but Yamaha and onkyo still sound better.
My understanding was that the 7011 was basically the same as the 7010 + HEos but without some other things. From @jdsmoothie on this thread http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2616745-marantz-7010-seems-have-more-than-7011-a.html#post47589697 specifically:
1. The SR7010 can use the Audyssey Pro Kit ($700USD) while the SR7011 will be able to use the new Audyssey app ($20USD) when released with similar Audyssey EQ curve editing functionality.
2. Audyssey DSX simulates audio to Front Wide speakers which is no longer supported on any 2016 major brand AVR to include the SR7011.
3. Both models are DLNA capable (in fact most AVR models for the past few years are Wifi capable).
4. Both models can use the newer 2016 Marantz Remote app.
5. Front Wide speakers dropped on the SR7011 so no longer need 13 pre-outs, rather only 11.
HEOS provides powered Wifi/Bluetooth audio to other rooms either via the HEOS app or via the HEOS module built-in to the SR7011. Current HEOS promotion features a FREE HEOS 1 HS2 (MSRP $199) or $200 credit towards a larger HEOS 3/5/7.
If you have no need for either HEOS or the Audyssey app, the SR7010 would be the more cost effective purchase as it's on clearance.