AVS Forum banner

29421 - 29440 of 45178 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
If I want a cherry wood veneer 15hp do I have to order thru salk?
Yes. We have one F15HP in real wood veneer but it's not cherry, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
might work in different spot i wanted...color wise....decisions decisions

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
seen the guys name was Vuong.T and thought it might of been you.

@enricoclaudio

do you have any pics of that G25 assembled?
Nope. It will remain without components until is sold. We need the customer to decide between silver cone and black cone. The amp would be HX800XLR3 which is the same amp on the F25.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes. We have one F15HP in real wood veneer but it's not cherry, though.
Thanks for posting those photos -- when I saw that F15HP listed on Rythmik's clearance page, I was hoping to get a glimpse of it. It is listed as brand new, but your pictures seem to be showing some slight cosmetic blemishes. It's still a real beauty, though. What is the history of this particular model?

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Can you post some close up pics of the finish? And what are the final dimensions with amp and grills?
Finish is Piano Black, same Piano Black of all our subwoofers. Close up pictures of that finish are very difficult to take because it's too reflective. It's like take a picture of a mirror.

Dimensions are 18"(W) x 25"(D) x 24"(H) amplifier adds 1" width.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Thanks for posting those photos -- when I saw that F15HP listed on Rythmik's clearance page, I was hoping to get a glimpse of it. It is listed as brand new, but your pictures seem to be showing some slight cosmetic blemishes. It's still a real beauty, though. What is the history of this particular model?
Yes, after Brian took the pictures he discovered that small scratch on top and that's why he reduced the price from $1599 to $1400 shipped. The scratch is not on the veneer, it's only on the final coating so it should be easy to fix.

Reactions: hhowards

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes, after Brian took the pictures he discovered that small scratch on top and that's why he reduced the price from $1599 to $1400 shipped. The scratch is not on the veneer, it's only on the final coating so it should be easy to fix.
That is a great price for a gorgeous F15HP, and I think those faint scratches would disappear completely with a light buffing of furniture polish. ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do we have any numbers to compare the FV25 vs the F28? Since the box is the same size, I'm curious as to how the numbers compare. :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got my Fv15hp today! What am I going to do with that box?!

Used the recommended settings for 1port and used ypao, but the results set all my speakers to large and 40 crossover. Should I run it again or what settings should I use?

·
Registered
508 Posts

Used the recommended settings for 1port and used ypao, but the results set all my speakers to large and 40 crossover. Should I run it again or what settings should I use?
As a starting point, set all your speakers to SMALL and all to a 80Hz crossover, then have a listen & tweak away.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Do we have any numbers to compare the FV25 vs the F28? Since the box is the same size, I'm curious as to how the numbers compare. :cool:
We may want to ask enricoclaudio about this directly, since he is Rythmik's tech liaison. The F28HP will also have the same amplifier as the FV25. Rythmik has stated that they hope to start selling the F28HP this coming Fall. So far I haven't seen any exact specifications on either the FV25 or the F28HP, though I think Rythmik may have at least a good guesstimate for predicting how these two subwoofers will perform, relative to each other. ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Will this cancel out the receiver measurements? Or will I just be tweaking it?
No, it doesn't cancel out the YPAO measurements, just sends the low bass from those channels to your new sub.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
21,193 Posts

YPAO tends to set even medium sized speakers as Large. What I have done is to change the size of all my non subwoofer speakers to Small and set the crossover frequency at 80Hz. This solution has worked well for me. My FV18s play nicely with my other speakers.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Busy weekend and this is a fast moving thread, but just popping in to say I setup my dual F15HP's on Friday. For music, they blend seamlessly and sound phenomenal and believe I have at least set a baseline. I can tell my speakers aren't working so hard any more and the subs are very detailed on the low end.

I am a little underwhelmed by the output; they're not as hard hitting as I was expecting, but that is probably the nature of the sealed subs and may have some relation to my placement (not a complaint as I didn't need house shaking bass, but curious if tweaking some settings might give me a little more oomph). I did increase the offset in my AVR by 3 dBs and may move that to 6 when I get some more time to tweak.

For music:
Rumble Off
Freq 14 Hz
Damping High

Movies:
Rumble On
Freq 14 Hz
Damping Low

The above the general guidelines? I have my gain set to 0 and my volume is adjusted accordingly for when I setup via Audyssey (halfway on one, few clicks under on the other).

On another note, the second sub introduced some kind of feedback buzz to my system. I'll have to find some time to troubleshoot that.

29421 - 29440 of 45178 Posts