AVS Forum banner

42501 - 42520 of 45144 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Made alot of difference I was really surprised, though I was new to subs back then.
Isn't funny we were talking about bells and whistles before but now we wish the receivers had XLR. Although rather XLR over any of the other bells & whistles. Thanks will keep that in mind, Monoprice.
Nice and you got 45% off, that's a huge discount. I here the Atherm is musical.
What sort of music and format you listen too?
Thanks will get hold of Brian or Enrico to find out placement ok. This will mean they won't be directly firing down into the opening.
Yep will do some measurements when the Velodyne is able to get fixed.

Thanks take care
I remember when I first started getting into home A/V 20+ years ago and thinking XLRs meant high-end only, and you had to be some sort of audio snob to have that type of equipment. A lot has changed, and I would totally use them now if my receiver had the outputs.

I think the speakers are priced pretty well at MSRP, so I had no problem getting them on sale. I don't think I've ever paid full price for any of my HT gear except the Rythmiks. However, 1) They gave me the two sub discount when I bought my second one (AWESOME!), and 2) The subs are such a great value to begin with. So I guess I scored either way.

I listen to a wide variety of music. In the last several Days I've listened to Genesis, Foreigner, Phil Collins, Toto, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Depeche Mode, Lorde, Adele, Guns N' Roses, Cinderella, Drake, Tyga, Daft Punk, Bastille, The Killers, The Weekend, and Lauren Daigle.
Yeah I thought XLR was for pro gear only and never thought any further.

Yep some of those I listen to. Dire Straits, Eagles, Bryan Adams, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Journey, bit of country. Isn't it funny how taste changes when you get descent sound. Sacd on most of the discs I have are good recordings, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd etc. Dvd audio Eagles Hotel California etc. Fleetwood Mac Rumours etc on DVDA is good too.

Sounds like you have built up, which can be fun. Anything in the near future to purchase ideally?

Not many reviews on the E15hp or E15hp2?
Gee if the 1/3 placement works with the 15s wow it will be the icing on the cake.

No one else chipping in.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
216 Posts

Yep some of those I listen to. Dire Straits, Eagles, Bryan Adams, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Journey, bit of country. Isn't it funny how taste changes when you get descent sound. Sacd on most of the discs I have are good recordings, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd etc. Dvd audio Eagles Hotel California etc. Fleetwood Mac Rumours etc on DVDA is good too.

Sounds like you have built up, which can be fun. Anything in the near future to purchase ideally?

Gee if the 1/3 placement works with the 15s wow it will be the icing on the cake.

No one else chipping in.

Thanks
@JimWilson is a writer and reviewer, and posts from time to time here on the Rythmik site. He is very well respected by forum members, because of his honesty and helpful/practical advice. I have always enjoyed reading his posts and reviews of subs. I was thinking Jim actually wrote a review for the E15HP and SB13 Ultra for Home Theater Shack, but I could only find this thread. I remember it being the what lead me to Rythmik in the first place.

The thread was started by someone asking for opinions/advice on what sub to purchase between the E15HP and SVS SB13 Ultra. I think Jim happened to have just purchased an SVS SB13 Ultra and E15HP for his own home system. Below is the link to the page that Jim posted his review. It's post #99 of 225.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1471574-rythmik-e15-vs-svs-sb13-ultra-4.html

I wonder if you haven't seen as much about the E15HP2 because it's an upgraded version of an older model, and a lot of attention has been put on the newer F18, FV18 (aluminum and paper) and G25HP. The F18 and FV18 are only $180 and $350 more, and the FV18 has considerable more output.

You are so right about how good sound equipment can dictate the music you listen to. Dire Straits is another group I listen to from time to time. I love the mellow rock when I need a slower pace. Eagles are another group that sound great as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

No one else chipping in.

Thanks
If you like the Eagles make sure you grab the Farewell 1 Tour Live from Melbourne Blu-Ray, outstanding concert with fantastic audio and bass
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Eagles-Farewell-I-Live-From-Melbourne-Blu-ray/63541/

Also strongly recommend Hans Zimmer Live in Prague

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hans-Zimmer-Live-in-Prague-Blu-ray/188217/#Review

Reactions: d-rail34

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the E15HP -- about 5 years old now, no issues with it, and still sounds as good as when I first got it. Went with the E15 primarily due to its size.

I'm mostly music. My listening room is 16x12x11 (ceiling is tiered so 11 is avg height). Opens on the left to den (about 20x22) and behind to foyer/dining room (12x7 / 16 x 12). No problem filling my listening room for music. Very good with movies, as well. I can "feel" the bass if listening to a movie loud. Bass is tight and clean.

I can recommend the E15. Awesome sub. In fact, one day I'll probably pick up another one just because :)

Reactions: darthray

·
Registered
94 Posts
So what's the actual difference between G22 and E15HP2, E15HP2 should have +0,5db more output around 20Hz if I understand correctly, but other differences in SQ or character, ...? (dual opposed vs single sealed?)

Anyone? Both seem to be perfect for my needs. E15HP2 is available in white which is a big plus for me. However I'd like to know what you get more (or less) with the G22?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey All,

I wanted to get an opinion on purchasing a used Rythmik FV15HP. It's available locally to me and I wanted to know if you had any recommendations for things to test to make sure the driver and amp are working properly. I own a Umik 1 and have REW downloaded (though I have never used it) so I might be able to do some sweeps outdoors (social distancing) if anyone thinks that is necessary.

Thanks in Advance,

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
@MattiasG

For your question "So what's the actual difference between G22 and E15HP2, E15HP2 should have +0,5db more output around 20Hz if I understand correctly, but other differences in SQ or character, ...? (dual opposed vs single sealed?)".

I suggest contacting Enrico @enricoclaudio

He is very honest with his answer. Before buying my current FV18, I ask him how the FV15HP would fair compare to my SVS PB13. And replied to me, it would be more of a lateral move. The reason I decided to go dual FV18. And glad, I decided to go that route:)

Here's a review of the G25HP, the big brother of the G22. That might give you some insight, of how it sound with those drivers configuration;
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/3026804-rythmik-g25hp-review.html

Darth

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,729 Posts
Right now I am stuck waiting for my current credit card statement period to close. I can order on 4/19! This will be a loooooong week.
Why do you have to wait? Why does it matter what the statement period is? Sorry, just not following.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Why do you have to wait? Why does it matter what the statement period is? Sorry, just not following.

It is just a cash flow issue. I pay my cards off in full at every statement. If the purchase goes on this statement, I'll have to dip into the savings account to pay off that bill. If I wait until the new period, I won't have to "pay" for them out of my checking account for another full month. The paychecks I receive over that time will cover the cost.

I don't "need" to wait but I'm anal about my finances, budgeting and especially cash flow. I know it sounds silly.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I don't "need" to wait but I'm anal about my finances, budgeting and especially cash flow. I know it sounds silly.
Not silly at all. Totally understandable...Especially now.

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,729 Posts
It is just a cash flow issue. I pay my cards off in full at every statement. If the purchase goes on this statement, I'll have to dip into the savings account to pay off that bill. If I wait until the new period, I won't have to "pay" for them out of my checking account for another full month. The paychecks I receive over that time will cover the cost.

Actually, doesn't sound silly at all; just the opposite. That's great. Always good to see folks spending wisely within their means and not financing luxury items. What sub(s) are you ordering again?

I've seen a handful of folks putting recent purchases up for sale because of this. :(

I feel your pain as far as waiting...I have a pair of subs on order...delayed due to COVID-19.....suffering along with a single! JBL550P in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Actually, doesn't sound silly at all; just the opposite. That's great. Always good to see folks spending wisely within their means and not financing luxury items. What sub(s) are you ordering again?

I've seen a handful of folks putting recent purchases up for sale because of this. :(

I feel your pain as far as waiting...I have a pair of subs on order...delayed due to COVID-19.....suffering along with a single! JBL550P in the meantime.

It will be either dual LVX12 or dual FVX12. The extra $ for the FVX12 doesn't seem all that justified from the data but that aluminum cone just looks so nice. I think the chance-of-regret factor is lower with the FVX12 and will likely do that. From what I can gather, these 12" options compete with some 15" options from other brands.

·
Registered
582 Posts
got me my stimulas payment today.

i think i may “stimulate” my theater system a bit more and order my second FVX15

hopefully i can stimulate my wife into letting me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,689 Posts
@JimWilson is a writer and reviewer, and posts from time to time here on the Rythmik site. He is very well respected by forum members, because of his honesty and helpful/practical advice. I have always enjoyed reading his posts and reviews of subs. I was thinking Jim actually wrote a review for the E15HP and SB13 Ultra for Home Theater Shack, but I could only find this thread. I remember it being the what lead me to Rythmik in the first place.

The thread was started by someone asking for opinions/advice on what sub to purchase between the E15HP and SVS SB13 Ultra. I think Jim happened to have just purchased an SVS SB13 Ultra and E15HP for his own home system. Below is the link to the page that Jim posted his review. It's post #99 of 225.
Man, 6 years later that post still has legs. Incredible...

At that point in the time I was writing for HTS but there was no other comparison article done, so you did indeed link to the only copy of that info.

And thank you for the kind words, that was very generous of you to say.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

i think i may “stimulate” my theater system a bit more and order my second FVX15

That's what I'm talkin' about.

·
Registered
160 Posts

DO IT! LOL, that's awesome

I ordered my second FV15HP, now I'm wondering how a FV25HP could integrate as a third sub in the future? I got some good advice from @torii on this. Maybe the FV25HP in front and 2 FV15s to sides or behhind MLP. My home theater addiction is out of hand

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not silly at all. Totally understandable...Especially now.

Agreed - not silly at all. I do the same thing for big purchases (and make sure I use the appropriate card for either cash back, airline miles, or Amazon points) :)

·
Registered
203 Posts

I don't want to get you in any financial/marital trouble, but I enjoy my pair so much, I have to recommend it.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
DO IT! LOL, that's awesome

I ordered my second FV15HP, now I'm wondering how a FV25HP could integrate as a third sub in the future? I got some good advice from @torii on this. Maybe the FV25HP in front and 2 FV15s to sides or behhind MLP. My home theater addiction is out of hand

the biggest issue is that the fv25hp is like 10db more powerful than a fv15hp. think enrico has a fv25hp and 12inch subs??? ofc it can be done :)

Reactions: darthray
42501 - 42520 of 45144 Posts