AVS Forum banner

44701 - 44720 of 45816 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,736 Posts
You could lose your filling when adjusting the volume.

- Rich
LOL:D

Does anyone think there would be issues placing a Rythmik within inches of amplifiers and source electronics? I'm thinking of near-field pressure and also possible EMI.
For near field pressure, I am leaning toward No. On the other hand, EMI might be a problem if too close. Due to strong Magnetic Field, created by a powerful Magnet use on a sub. When doing DIY, my dual woofer on my sub. Use as a TV stand, did affect the picture on my CRT TV that I was using way back then in the 90's.

While a 3/16 sheet of metal between the sub and your electronics , would stop those EMI. It is not something that would be eye candy, if place in between your sub and Audio rack. And pretty sure this option is a write off, since it was just for info.

Darth

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Well I think I've made up my mind.

I'm surprised I ended up at this conclusion, but I'm probably going to order 2xG22. After some changes to my room, I need an output-dense package that can be put in the right orientation and the dual opposed subs are the answer.
You won't regret your choice.

I should not have gone to Rythmik's website. I had a dream about building an opposed driver servo sub, and just so happens G22 now exists. My wallet is scared.
Yep, and it sounds great!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
You're taking what I said perhaps a bit too literal. The point was when sizing your sub(s) be sure to account for everything you'll want to use them for, it's not good to discount any part. Budget/placement options may not allow you to achieve everything, but it's still best to consider all of it.

For a moment disregard my sealed bias and think about your question again, then look at Souldburner's reply. He answered it just about perfectly, basically rephrasing my "small room + plus duals + music only = sealed" response. Horses for courses, pick the tool best suited for the job at hand. You won't be using your subs for just music however, so it was probably more a theoretical question?
Yes, it was theoretical question. I like the idea of sealed, because even though I can fit the ported models, sealed is still smaller so a tiny bit more subtle in the looks of the room. But I'm worried for movies. What is a "small" room? Is the 1900 ft^3 I'm working with considered small? Small enough that 2 E15HP subs will fill/pressurize the room nicely?

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Yes, it was theoretical question. I like the idea of sealed, because even though I can fit the ported models, sealed is still smaller so a tiny bit more subtle in the looks of the room. But I'm worried for movies. What is a "small" room? Is the 1900 ft^3 I'm working with considered small? Small enough that 2 E15HP subs will fill/pressurize the room nicely?
I think so. I got some pressurization and wall creaking from a pair of F12's in a 1400 cu ft room.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Enrico's pictures show why: the form factor is perfect for putting along the wall as I usually do.

Now, right-angle RCA and IEC connectors are needed.

I'm going to order a couple of these: https://www.proaudiola.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1%2DQUAD%2DRCA%2D90RCA%2D1

And I'll check Amazon for power plugs.
I got these for my G22s and they work great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OYD2MOG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L1SDBHZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts

Hello Enrico,

would you be able to recommend some isolation pad / feet that would work for the FV15HP? I am due to receive mine on Wednesday and was looking for some rubber isolation feet as I have hardwood floor and thought they might be useful.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
darkshadoku - aside from the rubber feet which come with Rythmik subs? If so, maybe one of the Isoacoustics products (eg Orea Bordeaux x 4 or Iso-Puck 76 x 3)?

·
Registered
85 Posts
My switch from a Velodyne SPL-1200 II is evidence of this. The Rythmik sound signature (servo) took some getting used to, and integrating my E15HP2 with the Velodyne took some time as the Velodyne was so in-your-face boomy. When gain-matched, the SPL was much more present even though I sat further away from it. This wasn't a placement issue either as I tested the two subs in the same locations.

I was so used to the boominess of the Velodyne that I was wondering if I made the right purchase once I listened to content on the Rythmik. I also started wondering if I should have just bought another 1 or 2 more Velodynes to even out my room's response and provide more output at $1500 - $2000 saved verses what 2 Rythmiks would cost. Fast forward 2 years, and I'm so glad that I kept the first Rythmik, and added the second last October. Note: The miniDSP 2x4 HD has allowed me to get the maximum listening pleasure out of them.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Rythmiks are super sneaky, almost ninja-like at times. They do such a great job blending in that when something dynamic in a movie happens, it comes out of nowhere and bless you with their presence. Also in scenes with music and action (John Wick for example), they fully embrace the loud music and beat, but are still able to deliver the extra SPL of each and every gunshot flawlessly (within their own limits of course, which I haven't reached in my setup yet).
That's interesting. I briefly owned the Velodyne SPL-1200 (series 1) and didn't find it boomy. I do hear that the notes themselves can be "round" but in terms of extra bloom and bloat, there isn't much. I just bought a Velodyne SPL-1000 II & was very pleased how much tighter and less boomy is was than 2x RSL Speedwoofer 10s. Now that's a sealed vs ported comparison but the RSL is supposedly one of the most musical ported subs available at any price point. I decided to ditch the 2 Speedwoofers and am very close to purchasing 2 Rythmik F12-300's.

·
Registered
154 Posts
darkshadoku - aside from the rubber feet which come with Rythmik subs? If so, maybe one of the Isoacoustics products (eg Orea Bordeaux x 4 or Iso-Puck 76 x 3)?
Ah I didn't know they came with those, i thought it was different ones cause i saw something about spiked feet. thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ah I didn't know they came with those, i thought it was different ones cause i saw something about spiked feet. thanks

No worries. It's kind of buried on the webpage - easily missed. Spikes are optional.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,724 Posts
On the upper end perhaps, but I'd still consider it small. My room is 1768 ft^3 and a single E15HP did very well; it didn't really pressurize the space, at least not by my definition, but it certainly filled it. A pair in a room not much bigger than mine will give a really solid performance.

Some of your posts and questions lead me to believe you may be looking for justification to buy sealed. If that's what you would rather have and feel the smaller size is better for your situation perhaps you should go in that direction. You won't get quite the same kick as you'd get with ported but it's not like the E15's would be lacking. Placed optimally and tuned I suspect you would be impressed with what they can do in a room that size.

·
Premium Member
7,736 Posts
Enrico's pictures show why: the form factor is perfect for putting along the wall as I usually do.

Now, right-angle RCA and IEC connectors are needed.

I'm going to order a couple of these: https://www.proaudiola.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1-QUAD-RCA-90RCA-1

And I'll check Amazon for power plugs.
How about these;
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-Right-Angled/dp/B06Y93G35F/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=right+angle+iec+power+cord&qid=1594599689&sr=8-3

Darth

·
Registered
7,280 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
That's interesting. I briefly owned the Velodyne SPL-1200 (series 1) and didn't find it boomy. I do hear that the notes themselves can be "round" but in terms of extra bloom and bloat, there isn't much. I just bought a Velodyne SPL-1000 II & was very pleased how much tighter and less boomy is was than 2x RSL Speedwoofer 10s. Now that's a sealed vs ported comparison but the RSL is supposedly one of the most musical ported subs available at any price point. I decided to ditch the 2 Speedwoofers and am very close to purchasing 2 Rythmik F12-300's.
I still like the Velodyne, but there is a whole different sound signature between the SPL1200ii and my two Rythmiks. I might have been a bit unfair in saying it’s bloated, but it definitely was less controlled (non servo). Just the level calibration noise alone was different. The Velodynes was really deep and rumbling compared to the Rythmik.

The Velodyne seemed more present in quieter scenes, and hung around a split second longer than the Rythmiks. I guess I’m having a hard time articulating the difference. I know that the same has been said about SVS ultra vs. Rythmik and JTR vs. Rythmik, although those two brands are on another level than the SPL series from Velodyne.

I think I would have been happy with a pair of SPL1200s for HT, but I’m not sure for music. I am really glad I upgraded to Rythmik. They are great for HT, and amazing for music, from really low levels all the way up to neighbors knocking on your door levels.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Placed my order today (through Ascend Acoustics) for my second E15 in black matte :)

44701 - 44720 of 45816 Posts