AVS Forum banner

44721 - 44740 of 45824 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,737 Posts
I definitely think it's a good option if you need a longer cord. Since my subs are within 5 feet of receptacles, I think Enrico's link is better since it allows me to choose my angle and use the included cord.
Has you well know, the best option is always the one that work better for you and your specific need. And glad Enrico suggestion, will work better for you:)
Of course, we all expect a small read-up from you once you receive your dual G22.

Darth

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Has you well know, the best option is always the one that work better for you and your specific need. And glad Enrico suggestion, will work better for you:)
Of course, we all expect a small read-up from you once you receive your dual G22.
Thanks. I'm pretty much sold on dual driver designs at this point.

As a sanity check...the G25HP should sound the same as the G22, only capable of getting louder...right?

·
Premium Member
6,361 Posts

As a sanity check...the G25HP should sound the same as the G22, only capable of getting louder...right?
That sounds correct to me.

Reactions: darthray

·
Registered
929 Posts
So this is my experience with SVS vs Rythmik subwoofers:

* First I bought an SVS SB-1000:
Pros: Hits really hard. You can feel the punch in the chest sometimes.
Cons: Most lower frequency bass sounds sound the same, which feels quite boring and a bit "cheap". Also, sound does not "fill" the room completely (20-25m2).

* Based on the experiences above, I bought a Rythmik F12-SE:
Pros: Much more detailed bass. Different kinds of bass sounds are possible to distinguish. Sound fills the room better.
Cons: Does not hit as hard. The right volume is there, but you do not feel the punch as hard.

So far I've been very happy with the Rythmik F12-SE. Overall it's a better subwoofer for my use cases.

But I just wonder if the experiences above are common for other people as well? Also, is there any Rythmik subwoofer that can provide the benefits I experience over the SVS subwoofer, but in addition "hit as hard" as the SVS? And this without it getting physically a lot bigger?

PS. Currently I'm using the audio setup for movie watching only.

It's room dependent so everyone else's experiences will differ.
My advice - turn it up a bit in steps till you get the "hit as hard" that you want. If you are running the sub over an LFE line, you should be able to turn up the volume delivered to the sub in the receiver you are using. Also there is the volume knob on the rear of the sub.
My experiences were with the subwoofer placed in the optimal position. I've done the subwoofer crawl and all that. So the differences I mentioned between Rythmik vs SVS were under those conditions.

So based on this, is there any Rythmik model I can get that provides the benefits of Rythmik as stated above, while still hitting as hard as the SVS? And this without getting physically a lot bigger?

Or is the Rythmik intentionally designed to provide better and more precise bass, at the expense of not "hitting as hard"? And is the impression of how hard a subwoofer hits usually tied to the maximum output it has, or the speed of the woofer movement? :confused:

·
Registered
142 Posts
My experiences were with the subwoofer placed in the optimal position. I've done the subwoofer crawl and all that. So the differences I mentioned between Rythmik vs SVS were under those conditions.

So based on this, is there any Rythmik model I can get that provides the benefits of Rythmik as stated above, while still hitting as hard as the SVS? And this without getting physically a lot bigger?

Or is the Rythmik intentionally designed to provide better and more precise bass, at the expense of not "hitting as hard"? And is the impression of how hard a subwoofer hits usually tied to the maximum output it has, or the speed of the woofer movement? :confused:
Take a look to E15HP2 maybe? Not sure if within your budget and size restrictions

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
How about an FV18HP or an FV28? When is that coming? :)
Brian created a prototype FV28. There is a picture on Facebook. Innovative placement of the ports. Unfortunately Brian and Enrico decided the FV28 was just too big and heavy. I tried to tell them there is a market for giant subs, witness the PSA TV42 Ipal, and the JTR Captivator 4000 ULS.

If enough people demonstrate an interest in the FV28, Brian may bring it market.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alriiighty, so I got the 2x E15HP2 in and I'm about to run all the Dirac room EQ measurements, but just wanted to check before doing it if somoene could confirm my settings are okay ? I don't want to find out I made a mistake and have to redo the measurements >

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,509 Posts

I have limited space so option for custom E22 subs built Salk Sound. These are dual 12" forward firing in a sealed cabinet.
14(w) x 30(h) x 16.5 (D). I'll be using two of them. There is also the G22 and a larger version coming. There is some talk on this thread of the E22 dual 12" forward firing coming as a standard product.

- Rich

·
Registered
7,293 Posts

It's hard to say, but the way you describe your experience is the same as someone who went from having an uneven response and maybe a big boomy peak at 60 Hz, to much more linear bass. Were you able to take any measurements to compare?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Alriiighty, so I got the 2x E15HP2 in and I'm about to run all the Dirac room EQ measurements, but just wanted to check before doing it if somoene could confirm my settings are okay ? I don't want to find out I made a mistake and have to redo the measurements >

·
Premium Member
7,737 Posts

While the right person to answer this question, it sound correct to me since the G25HP use 15" drivers compare to the G22 12" drivers.

Darth

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use AVR/12 as use with an AVR. If using line in and pure 2 channel, 80hz/24 for smaller front speakers, 50hz/24 for larger.
You think Sierra 2-EX's fall under larger? 6 inch driver and new seas woofer ;D ? But glad to hear it's all looking good as I just finished the measurements xD. Pain in the ass, it's amazing all the noise you realize your house makes when you need total silence >

·
Premium Member
7,737 Posts

Since I also use to own two PB-13 from SVS, and now dual FV18 from Rythmik. While not a fair comparation, since my previous SVS had a 13.5" driver compare to the Rythmik 18" driver.

I personally believe, the Rythmik are design for precise bass for using a Servo driver. And since they can also dig very low, and hit very hard. It is not at the expence, of hitting hard when demanded upon:)

The sound is very hard to explain, as @imureh once to told me. The sound is very detail, without any overhang.
I personally think, it might be the reason that other subs seem to have more Oughf/weight to them. Giving someone, the impression to hit harder.

That said, since no room interact the same. Results may differ, for different users. Many around here use a 12/14Hz setting, and can play very loud to get those ULF frequencies with great results. And in my room, using a 18Hz setting, work best and still got plenty of shakings:D

Darth

·
Premium Member
6,361 Posts
I have limited space so option for custom E22 subs built Salk Sound. These are dual 12" forward firing in a sealed cabinet.
14(w) x 30(h) x 16.5 (D). I'll be using two of them. There is also the G22 and a larger version coming. There is some talk on this thread of the E22 dual 12" forward firing coming as a standard product.

- Rich
Can't wait to see those Salk Sound - Rythmik E22s :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello Enrico and fellow owners, I finally get my FV15HP tomorrow and I can't express how excited I am. I have 2 questions regarding the sub

1: Is there a required break in period for the FV15HP? I don't remember if break in is still a thing or not. Or if It would be okay to just go straight into movies?

2: Due to my work schedule, I might not be able to get the full calibration / dialing in of the sub completed until Saturday, so my question is, Is it okay to just run MCACC from my AV, adjust the settings and use the Sub like that until Saturday when i can do the fine adjustments / proper dial/calibration?

·
Registered
562 Posts
You think Sierra 2-EX's fall under larger? 6 inch driver and new seas woofer ;D ? But glad to hear it's all looking good as I just finished the measurements xD. Pain in the ass, it's amazing all the noise you realize your house makes when you need total silence >

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,509 Posts
44721 - 44740 of 45824 Posts