AVS Forum banner

46081 - 46100 of 46170 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't think my G25HP is huge but that's me. I have had some people impressed by the size of my F12SE in my office and I want to point them to the behemoth in the living room. So yeah it's all relative I guess.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Has anyone installed the SVS Soundpath rubber feet? Do they fit on Rythmik subs? How you like it?

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,029 Posts
What are you after? Reducing the TR from the sub?

Reactions: Wade.

·
Premium Member
7,828 Posts
Has anyone installed the SVS Soundpath rubber feet? Do they fit on Rythmik subs? How you like it?
Hi Wade,

While I do not use these, or any other one for this matter. Since my subs sit on an heavy carpet, over a concrete floor.

They should work with any type of sub, as long the screw match the sub treads. And if the screw provide, is the wrong treads. A simple trip to your local hardware store, would remedy this small problem.

Darth

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Wade,

While I do not use these, or any other one for this matter. Since my subs sit on an heavy carpet, over a concrete floor.

They should work with any type of sub, as long the screw match the sub treads. And if the screw provide, is the wrong treads. A simple trip to your local hardware store, would remedy this small problem.

Darth
perfect, I’ll look and see if I can find info on the screw size for the SVS soundpath.

·
Premium Member
7,828 Posts
perfect, I’ll look and see if I can find info on the screw size for the SVS soundpath.
My previous was meant to say, if the SVS soundpath provide screws is not the same as your Rythmic E15 treads built into them. You will have to buy some, that will fit your Rythmik for length and widths. While I do not see the width been more much different, if the screws hole on your sub is larger. A simple small surgery using a drill to enlarge the hole on the Soundpath, will take care of that.

Unless you meant, checking the soundpath tread compare to your E15. If so my bad:oops:

Darth

·
Registered
91 Posts
SVS with a very quick response - they said if the hole on the sub is too big for the supplied screws to use 3M strips as they found that to work great over making the hole bigger on the Soundpath. Just a FYI incase someone comes a long with a similar question.

Reactions: darthray

·
Registered
68 Posts
What do you consider "huge"? Some feel the FV25HP is reasonably sized while I have heard others say a 12" ported sub is massive. I have seen the F18 mentioned in conjunction with your posts and that one is a gem so if it fits your budget and size restrictions it should be given serious consideration.
Agree. I just went through a similar thought process for the last few weeks. I ended up pulling the trigger on 3 G22-SE today.

I first considered dual F18 and got wife sign off. Then I considered 2 G25HP because I can actually use the extra force cancellation with my old, bouncy wood floors.

But ultimately went for the more compact option G22, which is the one to get if you want to smallest option with the output of 2 F12s, and as good sound quality as all the other sealed as far as I have seen.

The sealed F18, G22, and G25HP are all a really good value. G22 is like 2 F12s in almost 1/2 the space, and way less than double the price. G25 is an even better value—like 4 F12s at an even lower price than 2 G22s. I would get multiple G25s if had the space. I can actually do 3 G22s because the smaller size gives me more placement options.

·
Registered
607 Posts
yes, my sub is on hardwoods so I’m looking to dampen the floor vibration.
I recently installated 4 Penn-Elcom 9106 Rubber Cabinet Feet ($16 shipped from Parts Express) on a sub – installation of feet to rest on my suspended hardwood floor cleaned up the bass significantly, presumably by removing floor and wall rattle and stabilizing the sub.

Are they as nice as the SVS feet? No. But they're about 30% of the SVS price and get the job done, and you don't have to pay for all the SVS marketing that inundates my computer...

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,029 Posts
Very seldom. Meaning near never. You will get malaria before it happens. Their "normal" price is a bargain. If you want a super bargain, go with a product that is marked up 350% over what its worth normally so when they discount it you can "feel" like you got a good deal.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does Rythmik ever do discounts or sales? Or is the price on the website pretty constant year-round?
I’ve seen sales on their FV15hp and FV18 before. There’s no pattern to when they happen. It seems like they’ll put it on sale to empty existing stock before their next shipping container from China arrives (probably for warehouse space issues if I had to guess).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah the prices are already really good. I was just curious since black friday is coming up.

Another question: Why are the A370 amps more expensive than the more powerful (and newer?) HX405 amps? Aka why is the F12 with the A370 more expensive than the FVX12 with the HX405? I can find documentation on the A370 on the site but not for the HX405.

Also I really wish they offered the FVX12 in piano black.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have them installed on my F18. You need to buy M10 screws. The ID of the feet only fit M8 so you will have to drill out a tad. They work very well.

Reactions: darthray and Wade.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
These worked well.

Reactions: Wade.

·
Registered
8,157 Posts
Does Rythmik ever do discounts or sales? Or is the price on the website pretty constant year-round?
The Rythmik FV18 and FV18 paper cone is $80 off (for any finish). Limited time only.

Reactions: darthray

·
Premium Member
7,828 Posts
The Rythmik FV18 and FV18 paper cone is $80 off (for any finish). Limited time only.
While not really big discount, as previously mention. It is hard to beat such a big value for what you are getting at the original price, and very seldom they go for a small discount.

Living in Canada, I had to almost double my price. But is the price, of living here. Did it stop me of getting my two FV18, absolutely not. For your original post to the OP [U]Fettekatze[/U], sale or not Rythmilk are a great buy.

Darth

·
Registered
12 Posts
How does the E15 compare to the SB-4000 from a sound perspective? In piano black, a pair of each are within $100 of one another after tax with the SVS being used.

They are almost identical in size and weight. The E15 has a larger driver while the SB-4000 has a more powerful amp. I'll be doing mix of music and movies. i like the SVS enclosure a bit better but then I like the cone aesthetics of the E15 more.

46081 - 46100 of 46170 Posts