AVS Forum banner

46101 - 46120 of 46170 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Rythmik experts,

I currently have the option of choosing between a Rythmik F12 PEQ3 and an already built "HX580-8S and two DS800-3" (2X8inch woofer kit). The latter was put together by a professional/ enthusiast who works in the audio industry

Assuming both are available at the same price, which would work better for music and if place in a room corner?

I have already auditioned the 2XDS800s and found them to be powerful,but they did struggle to output below 30hz. they certainly handled everything from 30 to 200hz well.

I am just curious as to the key differences between these two models.

Thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,524 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay so I've narrowed it down to dual F12's or dual E15's for my 700sqft x 10ft open living area. It's a large space but we'll kind of be at the corner of it and won't really need good sound quality in the kitchen etc. What should I get? The E15's would look more substantial but if I could get away with the F12's it would be a bit friendlier on my budget.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Okay so I've narrowed it down to dual F12's or dual E15's for my 700sqft x 10ft open living area. It's a large space but we'll kind of be at the corner of it and won't really need good sound quality in the kitchen etc. What should I get? The E15's would look more substantial but if I could get away with the F12's it would be a bit friendlier on my budget.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
8,157 Posts

You have to include the dining area and the kitchen in calculating room size. I think that comes to more than 700 square feet, (correct me if I am wrong).

I would go with the biggest subs you can afford and that fits your space, That space begs for at least dual 15 inchers.

Right now Rythmik has the FV18 on sale, (all finishes and the paper cone version). The sale is for a limited time.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I could but it wouldn't look as balanced up front and I don't want to do three.
One thing that we have to learn on this journey for good bass, is that bass isn't about visual symmetry. If you want quality results, you have to be willing to experiment. You may get lucky with your proposed placement but I bet there is better.

·
Registered
68 Posts

What's your budget? All the Rythmik subs are really well priced.

But you get huge cost savings if you go with the larger options.

With your space, dual FV18s would be just about the most budget friendly option and appropriate for that size of space.

If the size is too big (either because of aesthetic or placement reasons), then the dual sealed are the best priced small options.

For example, 1 G25HP has the same output as 2 E15HP, in a much smaller space. And it's way less expensive than 2 E15HPs.

Here's a dumb chart I made showing the price savings, comparing dual sealed piano finished options to their equivalent number of F12s (multi sub pricing).
Untitled 2.png

TL;DR -- bigger is more budget friendly :)

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,029 Posts

With your space, dual FV18s would be just about the most budget friendly option and appropriate for that size of space.

If the size is too big (either because of aesthetic or placement reasons), then the dual sealed are the best priced small options.

For example, 1 G25HP has the same output as 2 E15HP, in a much smaller space. And it's way less expensive than 2 E15HPs.

Here's a dumb chart I made showing the price savings, comparing dual sealed piano finished options to their equivalent number of F12s (multi sub pricing).
View attachment 3047578

Its the Costco effect! Ketchup by the gallon ;)

Reactions: yourmando

·
Registered
12 Posts

View attachment 3047578
That's helpful info! Any way to put the E15 on your graph? Or is there not really a direct F12 to E15 conversion? From the site the G22 is +6.0db over the F12 while the E15 is +5.0db so it should be kind of similar considering the E15 is slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I didn't know you had a spreadsheet! It probably would have helped me.

I just did a quick calculation using Rythmik's output relative to F12 info.

·
Registered
68 Posts

That's awesome! My spreadsheet was similar, but only a subset of the models I was interested in. And I based the db output at 20hz on the data-bass data for the F18 model--same idea as you but you used the FV25HP. Yours is way better :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's helpful info! Any way to put the E15 on your graph? Or is there not really a direct F12 to E15 conversion? From the site the G22 is +6.0db over the F12 while the E15 is +5.0db so it should be kind of similar considering the E15 is slightly cheaper.
Actually, it's the E15HP that's +5db over the F12. The E15 is limited by it's 600watt amp, vs 1000watt for the E15HP2.

The E15 has 1.5db less output. So it's only +3.5db over the F12. I would personally go for the HP2 if I had to hose between the 2 E15 models--$200 for an extra 1.5db in the same cabinet size is a great deal.

I don't have time to add other models to the chart this evening, but the rough idea is that +6db is equivalent to doubling the subwoofers and stacking them on top of each other (so doubling cabinet volume, speaker cone area, and amplifiers).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, it's the E15HP that's +5db over the F12. The E15 is limited by it's 600watt amp, vs 1000watt for the E15HP2.

The E15 has 1.5db less output. So it's only +3.5db over the F12. I would personally go for the HP2 if I had to hose between the 2 E15 models--$200 for an extra 1.5db in the same cabinet size is a great deal.

I don't have time to add other models to the chart this evening, but the rough idea is that +6db is equivalent to doubling the subwoofers and stacking them on top of each other (so doubling cabinet volume, speaker cone area, and amplifiers).
The E15 is the E15HP with the 600w amp, while the 1000w one is the E15HP2, correct?

46101 - 46120 of 46170 Posts