AVS Forum banner

46881 - 46900 of 46979 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
What’s wrong with the grill? All white subwoofers come with white grill. We can also switch the grill to black if you prefer that.
I have been very happy with the L12 and plan to add another sub for dual or upgrade to one that provides more extension/output on the lowest octaves.

Nothing wrong with the white grill...I am glad to see more options in white (L12, F12, E15), which would be less visible in larger size, but prefer matte white :) that's all. So looking at the options, the FV15HP is the only one offered in matte white, but too big...only one location for placement near a window...if it doesn't work well there, then I'm out of luck.

So it looks like the best white option is the E15HP and I'm just doing my due diligence to make sure what I order would work in plan A, B, C etc.:
  • If I find the gloss white too reflective, it would be easy to wrap the sides matte.
  • If I find it challenging to calibrate two subs...no problem, I can use the E15 alone, since it would fit in the current L12 location.
  • If it doens't work in current L12 location, it can fit in a couple other spots until I gain the tools/knowledge to calibrate both. Unfortunately, my room is uneven (concrete slab, multiple corners creating boundaries in an open floor plan). From what I understand, REW works best with even parallel walls.
The G22 would work best, in terms of placement due to form factor, but only comes in black. Tempted to also go with the F18 to future proof.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
I’m using dual g25s on concrete in a realky big room. Havent tested/changed damping and frequency settings much. For 90% HT/gaming, which settings did you use? Since I have crowsons, i think maybe low isn’t the way to go. I know it’s room specific, just curious what most use. Thanks
Hi,

You are 100% correct, when you said it's room specific.

It seem the majority prefer the lower frequencies setting, while many prefer different damping. While myself, I use the highest bass setting on my FV18's. Been 18Hz with others options of 14 and 12Hz, with the HI damping for a slower roll off. Since I am 99% movies, also on a concrete floor cover by two heavy carpet with some ButtKicker instead of the Crowsons. In my room this combination, gave me the best sounding result. After trying all combinations possible, over a long period of time.

Darth

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
So it looks like the best white option is the E15HP and I'm just doing my due diligence to make sure what I order would work in plan A, B, C etc.:
  • If it doens't work in current L12 location, it can fit in a couple other spots until I gain the tools/knowledge to calibrate both. Unfortunately, my room is uneven (concrete slab, multiple corners creating boundaries in an open floor plan). From what I understand, REW works best with even parallel walls.
  • Tempted to also go with the F18 to future proof.
E15HP2 might be the right choice for you then. Same cab as the E15HP, but w/ the amp of the F18. It's only about 1db down from F18 across most the range.

Regarding REW, its only the simulator that works w/ rectangles. The actual software can handle any room.

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,298 Posts
Stupid question of the day.
I bought 2 F18 with the intention of buying 2 more when I could afford it. The question is, would it be easy to buy 2 e15HP2 instead. The idea would be to have two stacks of one each. Saving $400 isn't insubstantial to me, especially if I end up going all out and getting an HTP-1 at some point. I'd probably still aim for 2 more F18s, I'm just curious to see if 2 E15HP2 are a legitimate option.

·
Registered
227 Posts
EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR LVX12, FVX12 AND FVX15 AMPS RECALL:

We wanted to inform that all amps that has been recalled will have an extended warranty of 2 years if your product is still under warranty or out of warranty. Meaning from 3 years warranty on the amp, now you get 5 years warranty on the amp since day of purchase. If your subwoofer is out of warranty and you send your amp back for repair due the recall, you will get 2 years of warranty on the repaired amp which will start since the day you get your amp back from repair due the recall. Note that this policy ONLY applies to those who send their amps back for repair due the recall.
And this recall is only on select serial numbers, right? Not all of them? Sorry for being stupid about this, but recalls and rebates always confuse me.

·
Premium Member
6,434 Posts
And this recall is only on select serial numbers, right? Not all of them? Sorry for being stupid about this, but recalls and rebates always confuse me.
It’s in fact a batch but for safety, we are recalling all of them!!!

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
I have been very happy with the L12 and plan to add another sub for dual or upgrade to one that provides more extension/output on the lowest octaves.

Nothing wrong with the white grill...I am glad to see more options in white (L12, F12, E15), which would be less visible in larger size, but prefer matte white :) that's all. So looking at the options, the FV15HP is the only one offered in matte white, but too big...only one location for placement near a window...if it doesn't work well there, then I'm out of luck.

• If I find the gloss white too reflective, it would be easy to wrap the sides matte.
  • If I find it challenging to calibrate two subs...no problem, I can use the E15 alone, since it would fit in the current L12 location.
The G22 would work best, in terms of placement due to form factor, but only comes in black. Tempted to also go with the F18 to future proof.
I take it you are not able to move the setup to a different room where you get to place all speakers and subs for the best results. Living/family rooms are always full of compromises.

I tend to lean towards the E15HP2 and G22 when needing a slimmer profile. Otherwise, sometimes you can get creative and use a sub in a living space if disguised as a table, or under the TV with shelves around it, or in corners with shelves on top of them, etc. In that case I absolutely recommend the FV15HP.

Note the FV15 will give significantly more rumble than the E15, which will give more than the G22 by design.

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
Stupid question of the day.
I bought 2 F18 with the intention of buying 2 more when I could afford it. The question is, would it be easy to buy 2 e15HP2 instead. The idea would be to have two stacks of one each. Saving $400 isn't insubstantial to me, especially if I end up going all out and getting an HTP-1 at some point. I'd probably still aim for 2 more F18s, I'm just curious to see if 2 E15HP2 are a legitimate option.
I think so if space is limited, plus its a little cheaper. Unless you really need that 1 dB more output, which gives the F18 slightly better output per dollar, but they're close.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
I would stick with 2 more F18s to match performance and look, plus 18" driver looks cooler than 15".

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,629 Posts
I take it you are not able to move the setup to a different room where you get to place all speakers and subs for the best results. Living/family rooms are always full of compromises.

I tend to lean towards the E15HP2 and G22 when needing a slimmer profile. Otherwise, sometimes you can get creative and use a sub in a living space if disguised as a table, or under the TV with shelves around it, or in corners with shelves on top of them, etc. In that case I absolutely recommend the FV15HP.

Note the FV15 will give significantly more rumble than the E15, which will give more than the G22 by design.
The E22 is another good alternative when looking for a slimmer sub.

- Rich

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think so if space is limited, plus its a little cheaper. Unless you really need that 1 dB more output, which gives the F18 slightly better output per dollar, but they're close.
I'm in process of making this decision as well....but won't the F18 play cleaner?

·
Registered
70 Posts

As an owner of two E15s in white, I will say... they are very white and quite reflective. I tried to capture this in a photo since I have mine against a white wall and white Ikea cabinetry but it's too hard to tell in the pictures. The grille will look fine with a flat white cabinet IMO, if you decide to DIY to a matte white.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,629 Posts
Hmm....where is this E22 dimensions?
Here is the link the E22 specifications:
Rythmik Audio dual 12" servo subwoofer • Specifications

DriverTwo 12" high excursion with custom sensing coil
Driver materialsAluminum cone with lightweight rubbersurround
aluminum flux de-modulation shorting rings
Amplifier800WRMS class D (dual Hypex Ucd modules) patented servo controlled
Dimensions14-1/2"(W) x 28" (H )x 16-1/2" (D) with grille and amplifier knobs
Shipping/gross Weight108 lbs/95 lbs
Frequency Response18 - 100 Hz (-3 dB @ 18Hz) LINE-IN, 18-200hz LFE IN
12 - 120 Hz (+/-3db) LINE-IN, 12-250hz LFE IN
Crossover slopeSelectable 12 or 24 dB / octave
Crossover range (Low pass)30 - 120 Hz
Rumble Filter (High pass )20 Hz 18 dB / octave
Phase response110 degrees phase shift at 20 Hz with 14hz high damping rumble filter OFF
Phase adjustment0 - 180 degrees continuously variable
Bass damping factorLow music (Q=0.5), Low-HT(Q=0.9), and high (Q=0.8)
Standy power13W (standby, red light), 29W(ON,green light)
FinishesAvailable in black matte vinyl, black oak vinyl and piano black

@enricoclaudio, It would nice to have the E22 relative output rating on the main page.

My Salk Sound custom E22s are 14" wide x 30" high (excluding feet) x 17" deep (excluding grill and amp).

- Rich

Reactions: hpp8140

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
As an owner of two E15s in white, I will say... they are very white and quite reflective. I tried to capture this in a photo since I have mine against a white wall and white Ikea cabinetry but it's too hard to tell in the pictures. The grille will look fine with a flat white cabinet IMO, if you decide to DIY to a matte white.
So good to hear 1st hand experience, thanks for the input.

Sounds like a good solution...wrapping just the sides would be easy and not permanent. I may try this with my L12, but it's modifying a black grill to be white that is more difficult and maybe not a concern, but might alter the sound due to different material...dunno. Just remembered the L12 now comes in white...I can check on ordering a white grill & have both subs white :D

46881 - 46900 of 46979 Posts