AVS Forum banner

48221 - 48240 of 48402 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
jwskud, have you posted/shared your preferred settings for this sub? If you don't mind, can you post a pic of the amp with the settings that you like best? Also, which vent(s) you have plugged. Thank you!

Turns out these subs are shipped UPS Freight which requires an appointment for delivery ... they don't automatically drop them off at your house. Mine finally came yesterday, can't believe the size of these suckers!
Trust me, I'm well aware of UPS freight...and just b/c they make an appointment doesn't mean they actually show up! I hope your experience was far better than mine.

As for settings, the sub(s) come with a quick guide and I used the standard settings it recommends. Center port plugged (it was already plugged when the sub arrived), set for 2-port mode, 12 Hz extension filter, and low damping, with the Rumble Filter off. More details can be found HERE. @laulau 's guide is very helpful and is linked there.

Once you dial everything in, you can toggle the extension filter and damping settings and whatnot. That's what I only got around to over the weekend, and I found high damping to my liking over low damping. The good thing is that you don't have to re-run room correction or set new miniDSP filters or anything, you just toggle the switch and listen.

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
I am setting up my sub in the next few days what can I use to plug the ports if needed? I did a search but didn’t find anything specific.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
May depend on the model. I'm not sure but I think one of the Rythmik models keeps all the ports open???

·
Registered
886 Posts
My FV25 didn't come with any plugs. That's OK with me.
That beast cannot be plugged. It would shoot the plug out and through your nearest wall. :ROFLMAO:

I believe Rythmik once allowed @serith to try plugging a single port on his 3 FV25HPs...but he had tons of headroom to play with so there was little risk.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
That beast cannot be plugged. It would shoot the plug out and through your nearest wall. :ROFLMAO:

I believe Rythmik once allowed @serith to try plugging a single port on his 3 FV25HPs...but he had tons of headroom to play with so there was little risk.
yeah and fwiw they did not come with the port plugs, they were shipped separately when i asked for them. iirc plugging 1 of the ports lowered the tuning to just under 10hz.

Reactions: jwskud

·
Registered
886 Posts
Does Rythmik ever have huge sales? If so, around when do they usually have them? Thanks!
I don't recall ever seeing a sale, but if you check the B-stock often you can score a "like-new" model for a bit of money off now and then. Things don't last long there, however.

More importantly, prices increase from time to time. The FV18 just jumped from $1799 to $1849 sometime in the last few weeks. As Rythmik's costs rise, so do ours.

The good news is that you're getting a lot for your money. Articulate bass, tons of tuning options, great customer service, warranty (and sometimes even out-of-warranty) repairs, etc.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They still doing the discount when you buy two ?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
They still doing the discount when you buy two ?
Yes, and also discounts when picking up their larger subs at a USP center.

Reactions: darthray

·
Premium Member
6,559 Posts
No it didn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FVX12 comes with 1 port plug. Check inside of one of the ports. Sometimes Rick put it well inside, almost at the end of the port tube.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats on the subs. Regarding Godzilla versus Kong, make sure to bump up your master volume about 10db as it is being mixed at a very low level. I watched it the first time at my normal MV (-15) and it was ok, I watched it again yesterday at -4MV, and it was outstanding in the bass department. I am also running my subs +10db hot.
I normally watch movies between -20 and -17, but I had to turn Godzilla vs. Kong up to -12 to have decent volume and even then I didn't think it was very loud.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
FVX12 comes with 1 port plug. Check inside of one of the ports. Sometimes Rick put it well inside, almost at the end of the port tube.
This! ^^^^

Lol...mine was shoved in that baby deep, bruh! Rick must've been super excited that day. :p

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
I just like the low damping, the thicker bass sounds a little better for movies. Maybe I should try the high damping again to make sure
Nothing wrong with that, while many prefer the Hi damping like my self. We all have different preference in sound, trying all three is the only to find out for sure. Just like I prefer 18Hz frequency, and the majority prefer 12 or 14Hz.

Mid damping is a great middle ground and sound great with music and gives a little more oomph with movies.
Good point, many also like the Mid damping.

Now y’all are just confusing me, dammit! :unsure:
No confusion Darrell, you need to try all the frequency setting with all 3 damping settings. Before knowing what work best for you, in your room.

Darth

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
48221 - 48240 of 48402 Posts