AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5129 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow I'm surprised the PND8000 is not silver like the pictures posted online. They must have used tremendous flash on their cameras.

·
Registered
286 Posts
cant wait for you to review this baby

·
Registered
286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymantis /forum/post/20166767

The wait is getting unbearable. Post more photos to help last me 'til Saturday.

your freakin lucky i have t wait till next month or the month after till we get them in canada

·
Registered
5,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy /forum/post/20166137

I totally agree...the Cnet guy says that the D7000 is the better bang for the buck but that is before any formal reviews...I'm only interested in the D8000 if it offers up any significant PQ improvements...I'm hoping that's not the case as I much prefer the charcoal bezel and stand of the D7000

You needed Cnet to tell you that?

The top-of-the-line TV is rarely, if ever, the best value; that should be common sense.

The VT30 won't be the best value compared to the GT30 and ST30; (it remains to be seen, which of the latter two will be best value.)

·
Banned
227 Posts
Where is the review? Chad posted his review in the ST30 thread 3 hours after CP posted.

Is he not available to review today?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Will u still need to let these new set run on low settings for like 100 or 500 hours before turning up the settings?

·
Registered
37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoop /forum/post/20167394

Will u still need to let these new set run on low settings for like 100 or 500 hours before turning up the settings?

Yes, but more like the low end of that spectrum.

·
Vendor
29,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoop /forum/post/20167394

Actually this has never been tested and is a job for myth busters ! We actually will be doing this in the future, but the test will take a while to run.

·
Banned
227 Posts
I am glad you got the 51 inch version. I want to see if Samsung is giving its smaller sizes the same blacks as the bigger 64" sizes this year. I can't wait for the review.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So jealous! I'm going to have to wait weeks until I can even place an order for one from a dealer I like since they're not due out in the UK until at least April.

Is it sad that I'm already 'saving up' content to watch on the new TV? Saving up Stargate Universe at the moment and I'm sure other shows and films will follow. :S

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure that Samsung must have changed the color of the bezel between CES and now (retail). In the early photos and CES videos, the bezel was definitely a light silver. Now with the pics on the front page, the color is definitely anything but that.

And they also did the same thing with the D7000 LCD; it was first introduced with a ToC red line around the border, but the final product apparently doesn't have that.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule /forum/post/20165597

What I'm most curious about (and I'm sure others are too) is whether there is any noticeable PQ difference between the D7000 and D8000. If the LCE of the D8000 doesn't do anything really beneficial, then the D7000 would definitely suffice for most people.

Ditto here.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/20165081

The all New PNxxD8000 is looking really good in her dark titanium skin! About an inch thick, very light !

Dark Titanium bezel will make me look very hard at this TV.Probably still with the d7000 64 inch.

so has it been confirmed that the d7000/d8000 dont have the mjc or any feature to give these sets the soap opera effect?

21 - 40 of 5129 Posts