AVS Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 22377 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I need some help. I have read and continue to read through these threads and I'm no closer to a decision between these two sets. Both fit in a cabinet I have; The 75 perfectly and the 78 with some molding removed. I know the 78 has a few more features (and of course the curve). Personally I don't love the curve and there is the conundrum. Go with the 78 for the extra features or save some money and get the 75. Is there really a big difference between these two? Any help is appreciated.
I have the curved one and love it. The curved one has much better uniformity compared to all the non-curved 4K 2014 display models I've seen in stores (they all had some degree of banding and faster color washout when looking at an angle). Plus the curve is sexy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I know I'm new here and I hope I'm not bringing up something you all already know. I've read all 115 pages and didn't see anything about this. If you search on the Netflix app on the TV for 4k, they have test shows on it running 4k 60fps. Some pretty good looking stuff, I think it's 3 videos being tested, they only show a Netflix logo, no title or picture. The videos are all the same 1 at 60fps, one at 24fps and one showing 5994 mp. Not sure what the last one is.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I need some help. I have read and continue to read through these threads and I'm no closer to a decision between these two sets. Both fit in a cabinet I have; The 75 perfectly and the 78 with some molding removed. I know the 78 has a few more features (and of course the curve). Personally I don't love the curve and there is the conundrum. Go with the 78 for the extra features or save some money and get the 75. Is there really a big difference between these two? Any help is appreciated.
I own the 60HU8550 and love and enjoy every bit of it. From picture quality to design I'm completely satisfied with it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hello everyone, I know I'm new here and I hope I'm not bringing up something you all already know. I've read all 115 pages and didn't see anything about this. If you search on the Netflix app on the TV for 4k, they have test shows on it running 4k 60fps. Some pretty good looking stuff, I think it's 3 videos being tested, they only show a Netflix logo, no title or picture. The videos are all the same 1 at 60fps, one at 24fps and one showing 5994 mp. Not sure what the last one is.
Netflix uhd videos cannot be found by searching 4k. They are all in the uhd section. It can only be found using the netflix app inside the tv.

The all just say 2160p when I hit info button.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Netflix uhd videos cannot be found by searching 4k. They are all in the uhd section. It can only be found using the netflix app inside the tv.

The all just say 2160p when I hit info button.
A few 4k test videos can be found by searching for 4k within the App. They don't have cover art, simply A red Netflix screen and they are only tests. For some reason Ghostbusters II is not in the UHD section though. I randomly found it just browsing around, so I wonder if there are others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wonder why Samsung designate the new Topline Series different in the US and Europe, our HU85XX is your HU9000. Any suggestion about that.
Sorry for my bumpy English, but I didn't practice for years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When you watched NFL network, did the news ticker at the bottom ever blur on you? I tried updating my judder (5) setting but still have the same periodic blur. Also happens on other channels with a ticker...ESPN, CNN. I have DirecTV.
Try setting film mode to auto 2.

·
Registered
719 Posts
No ticker should judder at all. Did you set blur 10, judder 5?.
Video processing in an AVR can cause judder. Turn it off.
Didn't have access to a remote, but the ticker went across the screen flawlessly.

When they were showing the nfl studio, picture looked great. But when they showed some eagles camp footage, it looked grainy. So using less quality of a camera there. I will want to go neck for more top watch more sports clips.
I'm worried about some of the early reports on this model of motion and judder issues.

And of possible, check out other sources like blu Ray and 3d, if it's setup

·
Registered
901 Posts
Didn't have access to a remote, but the ticker went across the screen flawlessly.

When they were showing the nfl studio, picture looked great. But when they showed some eagles camp footage, it looked grainy. So using less quality of a camera there. I will want to go neck for more top watch more sports clips.
I'm worried about some of the early reports on this model of motion and judder issues.

And of possible, check out other sources like blu Ray and 3d, if it's setup
tbh, I think the majority of motion problems are a result of 3 things -

• AVR processing conflicting with TV process. Easy fix for this is to disable all AVR processing. This seems to be the one most people have and don't realize.
  • Improper motion/judder settings. Finding the right combo of reducing SOE + smooth motion is a bit of a hassle, but as mentioned blur 10 judder 5 is the best combo of smooth motion + reduced SOE, imo. Some people use blur 10 judder 0.
  • poor source material. This is particularly a problem with TV signals. Low quality film grade + highly compressed signals can have judder that no video processor can completely eliminate. Maybe other sets such as sony can handle this more gracefully??

Katz from cnet tested the motion handling on the HU9000 (which is slightly better than the 8550), and rated it as excellent and as good as any other set he's tested.

The only place I see occasional judder is live TV, and that is typically with crap content. Sports and most first-rate content is judder free. Also, all blu-rays and downloaded content are judder free.

·
Registered
659 Posts
As good as HU9000 is, I'm still baffled that it won't support 23.976Hz and 59.94Hz refresh rates - all Sonys and Pannys I've had for the past 10 years supported these refresh rates.

Yes, speeding up the media to 24.000 and 60.000 with Reclock works fine, but only if the audio is not bitstreamed to AVR - and I bitstream almost everything to AVR. I guess I could try software audio decoding.
Wow, first time I have heard about this from a new LCD model.
I don't own a HU9000 but is on my consideration list. Currently using a Vizio Razor M551d for my HTPC. I've had some issues with my Onkyo receiver messing up reclock detection for refresh rates. After running directly to my TV from my my Nvidia card, the refresh rate detection issue went away. Have you tried hooking your video card directly to your TV to see if that improves anything or created a custom resolution? Not being able to display at 23.976Hz or close to that would probably remove this set from my consideration list.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wow, first time I have heard about this from a new LCD model.
I don't own a HU9000 but is on my consideration list. Currently using a Vizio Razor M551d for my HTPC. I've had some issues with my Onkyo receiver messing up reclock detection for refresh rates. After running directly to my TV from my my Nvidia card, the refresh rate detection issue went away. Have you tried hooking your video card directly to your TV to see if that improves anything or created a custom resolution? Not being able to display at 23.976Hz or close to that would probably remove this set from my consideration list.
I'm doing some more testing as it may be the RAdeon card in my primary HTPC playing it up. I have tried the HU9000 on my secondary PC with NVIDIA card, and it seems the TV will support 23.976 after all, though it took 5 seconds of "No Signal" floating on the screen before it showed the picture. I haven't tried watching any video yet, but will report back when I find out more. Hopefully it's just a bad combination of components at my end, and the TV will support the /1001 refresh rates after all. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to zoom in an hdmi picture on a hu9000?? I hate those black lines.
Under Picture settings there is a setting called Picture Size I think. Setting it to 16:9 will overscan your HDMI signal. Setting it to "Fit Screen" will fit it 1:1. My TV had the 16:9 overscan by default, so this was the first setting I looked up and changed to fit. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
seems to be another firmware been released today in the uk for our the version of the hu9000 (hu8500t) can't test it as i need to get a windows pc....samsung support mac, but the firmware number seems to have gone backwards T-NT14UDEUC_1007.5 28th july and T-GFP9DEUC_1150.6 21st july. whats all this about any one know?

3441 - 3460 of 22377 Posts