AVS Forum banner

15201 - 15220 of 22338 Posts

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Ok so a little bit more info. The TV I came from was a Sharp 70LE733u. I was happy with the TV. Performed well. The 75HU8550 does blow it out of the water though in overall picture quality. More vibrant, shows more detail etc.

But the issues I was talking about are pretty much non existent on the Sharp. I can see it if I really look and sit closer, but otherwise it's alot less pronounced. I'd be really surprised if a TV that old performs better than a newer 4k model.

Is ghosting in reference to a screens refresh rate not being high enough and is this an issue on this TV? Im thinking of calling HHgregg for my warranty and seeing if they will do an exchange. I know my panel is a TS01 but not sure what chipset I have. Been impressed by the TV, but for the price (5000) I dont expect to see ghosting to this extent.
you should have no ghosting return set and get another

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Well then like I said, great news. Good to see Samsung stand by their product. Reassuring to know!
ROTFL! I'll PM you....after I catch my breath. Even my wife broke out laughing when I showed her your "stands by their product" remark. :)

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
ROTFL! I'll PM you....after I catch my breath. Even my wife broke out laughing when I showed her your "stands by their product" remark. :)
Please do...something must be missing from the story you have told here as compared to the story you told your wife...

As I understand the timeline...

- Select few owners determine an esoteric "default" in the operation of their televisions.

- Manufacturer of said televisions replaces the chip that is causing the "default" at their own cost.

I must be missing something or carry a different sense of humor....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone know if by buying the 2015 one connect box for my 2014 HU8550 will mean that I'll have to re-calibrate the TV from scratch? Seems like another cost that will have to be considered with an upgrade box.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Please do...something must be missing from the story you have told here as compared to the story you told your wife...

As I understand the timeline...

- Select few owners determine an esoteric "default" in the operation of their televisions.

- Manufacturer of said televisions replaces the chip that is causing the "default" at their own cost.

I must be missing something or carry a different sense of humor....
Your assumption is a gross oversimplification. If you want details, PM me and I'll explain everything.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Briansxx, Shinepushpan,

This is a great question, but I'll handle it only through the PM system. Send me your complete model code, version number, country where your purchased.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Briansxx, Shinepushpan,

This is a great question, but I'll handle it only through the PM system. Send me your complete model code, version number, country where your purchased.
Briansxx and Shinepushpan,

Careful who you get your advise from.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Anyone know if by buying the 2015 one connect box for my 2014 HU8550 will mean that I'll have to re-calibrate the TV from scratch? Seems like another cost that will have to be considered with an upgrade box.

Yes u will. Just copy all ur settings and put them in the one connect box

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Salacak I wanted to send a PM about your February 17 post re: the different boards, but I just registered and have no posts so I guess I can't send PMs yet. Suggestions?
[Sorry to waste the space, everyone. HU8550 looks awesome and I'm 95% sold on it.]

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
...but I'll handle it only through the PM system.
Why? If you have a method of providing those that want a golf chipset to get a golf chip set, why not just share it with everyone?:confused:

Reactions: bcec and SL600

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Your assumption is a gross oversimplification. If you want details, PM me and I'll explain everything.
This sounds like the sort of important information readers of this thread should hear directly. Is there something that needs to be hidden? Is this like Enemy of the State where DJ Jazzy Jeff will play Roller11 and be pursued by the hired guns from Samsung who read about his misdeeds exposing their waranty process on AVSForum?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My TV uses arc to output from the tv to my pioneer receiver, but everyone I start the TV, it resets to using the TV speakers instead of the receiver via anyconnect... But it does turn on the receiver.

Any ideas on how I can make the receiver option stick?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to ask this but I just want to confirm: Some or all people with an HU8550 (60", if it matters) can't get 4:4:4 @ 60Hz regardless of input source (computer, game console, etc.); input connector (HDMI 1, 2, 3, 4); or settings (HDMI UHD Color). Is this correct?

What does the HU8550 look like when serving as a computer monitor at 30Hz, not for gaming but for office work?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Why? If you have a method of providing those that want a golf chipset to get a golf chip set, why not just share it with everyone?:confused:
This forum is the wrong place to be discussing warranty issues.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This sounds like the sort of important information readers of this thread should hear directly. Is there something that needs to be hidden? Is this like Enemy of the State where DJ Jazzy Jeff will play Roller11 and be pursued by the hired guns from Samsung who read about his misdeeds exposing their waranty process on AVSForum?
SL600, minibones:
see post #15226

15201 - 15220 of 22338 Posts