AVS Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1365 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
thanks alot skimbum5000!!!, I'll try these out ASAP
It'll be very hard not to put dynamic contrast to low but im gonna try to trick myself that its already on lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Just wanted to post a shout out to Craig Rounds of CIR-Engineering. He stopped by my place on his Calibration tour on July 14 and did his magic on my LN-T4671F. Absolutely awesome picture. Craig was right on time. Very professional and answered all of my questions. Even helped me out with a PC issue which is all taken care of now, thanks Craig.


So I highly recommend Craig for anyone considering a professional calibration. You will not regret it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hi, i have been searching this forum for a quite a time now and i have still yet to find any settings for the 1013.1 firmware with a PS3 for movies and games and i would much much much appreciate anyones calibrations or a link to where i could find some. Thank you guys very much in advance and keep up the good work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
can anybody help me, I have a lnt4071, I downloaded the 1013 firmware to my tv and now I have only sound no picture, can't even see menu, also the source light on tv constantly blinking white
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater257 /forum/post/14466217


can anybody help me, I have a lnt4071, I downloaded the 1013 firmware to my tv and now I have only sound no picture, can't even see menu, also the source light on tv constantly blinking white

Wow that sucks, have you seen sections 1.3 & 1.4 of the FAQ ? These contain information regarding the service menu, bricked tvs and perhaps hosed firmware upgrades.


Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater /forum/post/14337181


Just wanted to post a shout out to Craig Rounds of CIR-Engineering. He stopped by my place on his Calibration tour on July 14 and did his magic on my LN-T4671F. Absolutely awesome picture. Craig was right on time. Very professional and answered all of my questions. Even helped me out with a PC issue which is all taken care of now, thanks Craig.


So I highly recommend Craig for anyone considering a professional calibration. You will not regret it!

Wow, thanks for the nice comments



craigr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Hey guys,


If you recall, I wrote this review (LINK) after I calibrated a couple 81 series Samsung LCD's. I've done tons of these sets now and I still really like them!


Anyway, I am putting together a calibration tour that will include California, Arizona, Denver, and many stops between Chicago and the west... Check the map below for coverage.




If you'd like me to do your Samsung while I'm out please send a single email ( [email protected] ) with your full name, full address, phone number(s), and TV make / model. I can then register you for the tour so that you receive a "confirmation" email next week. Once you get the confirmation just follow the instructions it contains to book a calibration date.


Registration will be open until at least mid September, but after that it will become very difficult to add more customers... so let me know ASAP if you are interested.


craigr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIR-Engineering /forum/post/14588033


Hey guys,


If you recall, I wrote this review (LINK) after I calibrated a couple 81 series Samsung LCD's. I've done tons of these sets now and I still really like them!


Anyway, I am putting together a calibration tour that will include California, Arizona, Denver, and many stops between Chicago and the west... Check the map below for coverage.




If you'd like me to do your Samsung while I'm out please send a single email ( [email protected] ) with your full name, full address, phone number(s), and TV make / model. I can then register you for the tour so that you receive a "confirmation" email next week. Once you get the confirmation just follow the instructions it contains to book a calibration date.


Registration will be open until at least mid September, but after that it will become very difficult to add more customers... so let me know ASAP if you are interested.


craigr

What is your rate to calibrate the TV? Do you calibrate on the different inputs as wel? PS3? Satellite IRD? I am going to be in southeast TX next month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsman /forum/post/14589537


What is your rate to calibrate the TV? Do you calibrate on the different inputs as wel? PS3? Satellite IRD? I am going to be in southeast TX next month.

Please contact me for pricing as the situation dictates. Usually my price will include all inputs and scan rates. I also verify that the source matches the calibration and when possible make adjustments to the source or display device to help compensate.


craigr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater257 /forum/post/14592241


hey craig,


I am interested in getting my lnt-4071 calibrated, wondering when you're in chicago area next? Thanks, Eric

I live in Chicago so setting something up should be simple
Please send me a single email [email protected] Also include your full name, full address, phone numbers, and make / model. Then I can get the ball rolling.


craigr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I've tried reading through these threads and because I'm such a newbie to this stuff it gives me headaches. I am looking for what I believe to be two separate setups. On one hand I have Charter's Motorola HD cable box hooked to the TV via HDMI that we watch TV on, mostly sports/movies/HD programming. On the other hand I have a PS3 connected via HDMI that I watch upscaled DVDs, Blu-Ray movies and play games on. Should I use the same or different settings for each? Which settings are pretty much the consensus for each?

BTW, I like the 3D effect that AMP provides; it is what sold me on the TV in the first place. CC had the TV by its front door playing Transformers and the 3D effects blew everyone (including me) away.

The downside is that I still experience TBE. I checked the firmware and am running 2004.0 so I don't believe it needs to be upgraded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
I haven't checked this thread in a long time (4 months about) is there anything new I should know? I've definitely stopped fiddling with my TV. Is there new Firmware that I need? Has the TBE been fixed?


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I originally posted in the owners' forum thinking I was in the calibration thread. Sorry about that.


I have 5271f which I bought last year w/FW 1009. I followed this great forum to get best settings for dynamic and have been very happy w/the results. I just changed from Comcast to AT&T fiber optics using same HDMI cable and my signal to the TV has changed. The picture was so bright I had to turn down the backlight 3 ticks. The very darks are all black wo/definition. facial skin tones seem to be matted wo/the sharpness of before and there seems to be a touch more pink. Is there a different set of settings for AT&T/fiber optics feeds?


Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hey guys i have been monitoring this forum for about a year now and it seems no one has posted settings for ps3 with a 1013.1 firmware even though Ive seen many requests for it. I would also love some ps3 settings so my blueray movies can look the best possible. If anyone has a 71 series with 1013.1 firmware and also a ps3 please post which settings you are using as it will be a big help to alot of us.


Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hi all. My 46" came in a few days ago after having to get a new set due to a bezel break. I used someones calibration results, but the blue spectrum is just off. I have a Topaz blue menu screen that looks like it is algae green and the same goes for the University of Kentucky's uniforms. Is anyone else having issues with their blue color? Is it possible that part of the motherboard or processor that handles cyan is broken but all other colors are fine?

I reset the calibration back to the factory presets and the problem is still present.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
I've tried posting this in the 4671 owners forum but have had no response regarding my calibration problem. My setup is as follows:


Sammy 4671 connected via HDMI 2 to a Denon 3808 receiver. The 3808 has both a Denon 2930 DVD player and a PS3 (which I use for Bluray movies) connected to it, and of course both players are going through the 3808 receiver to the HDMI 2 connection on the 4671.


I've calibrated the Denon 2930 DVD player using Avia II with the 4671 in Movie mode and am very happy with the settings. However, when I play Blurays through the PS3 with the 4671 in Movie mode (same calibrated settings used for the 2930 DVD player of course), the image seems to dark. I was hoping that I could calibrate the Standard setting in HDMI 2 on the 4671 for the PS3 using the Avia II disc and use that setting exclusively for the PS3 Bluray movies , however with the Standard setting I do not have access to all of the functions as with the Movie setting (color tones for example - Warm 1 and Warm 2 are grayed out).


Surely someone else with the 4671 connected to a receiver with multiple movie sources has encountered the same problem: what is the best way to address this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Sorry for the bump. I'm having the same problem as the previous poster. All the calibrations I've tried for my PS3 during BluRay playback generally have an image that is too dark. Shadows tend to cross entire sides of faces. Anyone with some tips/suggestions would be thanked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstraw97 /forum/post/15649771


I've tried posting this in the 4671 owners forum but have had no response regarding my calibration problem. My setup is as follows:.......................... what is the best way to address this?

Hmmm, I could have sworn I made some suggestions on that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed /forum/post/15798829


Sorry for the bump. I'm having the same problem as the previous poster. All the calibrations I've tried for my PS3 during BluRay playback generally have an image that is too dark. Shadows tend to cross entire sides of faces. Anyone with some tips/suggestions would be thanked.

Guys...try calibrating your 71f's via the PS3 with AVS HD 709:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496


What this does is provide a AVSHD file of calibrations which is a virtual HD 16:9 method of doing calibrations. You burn the file onto a regular DVD (from your computer)but it can only be used on the PS3 blu-ray player!

It's easy, fast, and gives you a good overview of what BTB(brightness) and overwhite (contrast) actually is. Best of all...it's FREE.


Before the cal:

1.Make sure you have the PS3 set up correctly before doing calibration of the 71f.

2.use a decent HDMI 1.3 cert cable to make sure the full bandwidth of the PS3 is utilized

3.best to first do everything with PS3 direct to TV....then latter put the AVR in the mix


BTW, I find it impossible to get all the calibrations spot-on....probably only a certified pro calibrator can do that.
 
1321 - 1340 of 1365 Posts
Top