AVS Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 3254 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 /forum/post/17816657


As far as I can tell (I compared the specs in the manuals), the only difference is design and price.

what I found is 3600 has component video outputs the 4600 does not.

3600 does not have an Ethernet port the 4600 does.


Anything else anyone knows of.


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsunging /forum/post/17816738


what I found is 3600 has component video outputs the 4600 does not.

3600 does not have an Ethernet port the 4600 does.


Anything else anyone knows of.


Thanks

Correct about the component video, but the 3600 does, indeed, have an ethernet port.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 /forum/post/17816768


Correct about the component video, but the 3600 does, indeed, have an ethernet port.

hmmm are you sure about that, because I have an ethernet chord run and would rather use it opposed to wireless.


When I seen that I just about decided I'd get the 4600, if you say otherwise the 3600 is still in the running


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsunging /forum/post/17816780


hmmm are you sure about that, because I have an ethernet chord run and would rather use it opposed to wireless.


When I seen that I just about decided I'd get the 4600, if you say otherwise the 3600 is still in the running


Thanks

Yep, check out the picture.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsunging /forum/post/17816780


hmmm are you sure about that, because I have an ethernet chord run and would rather use it opposed to wireless.


When I seen that I just about decided I'd get the 4600, if you say otherwise the 3600 is still in the running


Thanks

As 4mula said yeap. I use it once in a while.


S~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
The reason I'm junking my bd-p2550 and considering going to the bd-p3600 is my 2550 is experiencing severe freezing issues.


I have just spent the last hour reading reviews on a few sites. Seems many are experiencing the same issues with the bd-p3600.

This has got me worried. Should I stay clear of Samsung BD players all together?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,257 Posts
I haven't had any problems, save a few Lionsgate titles which have given most players fits.


S~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff442 /forum/post/17810692


Quick question on the best way to hook this beast up, guys - I have an older Onkyo SR601 with 5.1 analog inputs. Would my best bet be to use the 7.1 outs as opposed to the optical to take advantage of the players internal lossless decoding for DTS Master and Dolby TrueHD? How would I go about hooking up the 7.1 to the 5.1? What happens to the audio intended for the back surrounds?

Any suggestions, guys?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff442 /forum/post/17817234


Any suggestions, guys?

Go with the 5.1 analog setup. You would just not hook up the rear surrounds. There is a speaker setup to disable the 2 rears, also. Just set up fronts, center, surrounds, and sub. 7.1 content is mixed back into the surrounds in the 5.1 configuration. Remember, movies are only shot in 5.1 anyways.


S~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac /forum/post/17817294


Go with the 5.1 analog setup. You would just not hook up the rear surrounds. There is a speaker setup to disable the 2 rears, also. Just set up fronts, center, surrounds, and sub. 7.1 content is mixed back into the surrounds in the 5.1 configuration. Remember, movies are only shot in 5.1 anyways.


S~

That was just the info that I was looking for. So the extra to channels have sound that the processor simply derives from the regular rear channels? Is this similar to how rear channels used to be produced by Dolby Pro Logic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my p3600. I have played at least 25 discs now, a mix of BD and SD. Apart from 1 audio drop in Harry Potter HBP, which I couldn't duplicate, it's been flawless.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff442 /forum/post/17817428


That was just the info that I was looking for. So the extra to channels have sound that the processor simply derives from the regular rear channels? Is this similar to how rear channels used to be produced by Dolby Pro Logic?

A little different. 7.1 tracks are mixed by the studio. The 3600 (and other players) just put that info back into the surrounds.


S~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Disc can not be played!!! Since updating to 2.05 FW, my player will no longer play Blu-ray discs.


SD DVDs play fine.


I tried going back to 1.03, but still have the same results.


Does anyone know of a fix for this?


Thanks,

Stuart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
I have noticed an interesting thing on Netflix streaming. I have a number of movies in my Watch Instantly queue. Most of them do NOT show they will stream HD (and that is what I expect for those, although it's a bit of a disappointment). However, some show they WILL stream in HD but they do not. These items, however, are not on the HD list at Netflix's site. Their failure to stream in HD is not a connection, issue because the ones that show as HD which are on the Netflix list of HD streaming, do stream in HD.


So, three questions: Do others have this experience of some non-HD streams being labeled as HD? Does anyone know why this would be the case? Is there a way to know when you add a movie to your Watch Instantly queue from the normal search if it will stream in HD, or is the only way to know if you will have HD streaming to check on the HD genre list under Watch Instantly?


By the way, we watched an entire (non-HD) stream last night over my wireless g network without a hitch; I felt the PQ was essentially DVD quality, but my son the videophile claims the image was more like an upconverted 320 as opposed to upconverted 480. Does anyone know what the video array is (i.e., 320i, 480i, 480p) on the SD downloads?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Thanks. As for connection speed, right now the "quality" bar shows about 75%. My unit is in an entertainment set, so my wireless adapter is sitting inside a piece of wood furniture, relatively low to the ground, and the router is in a different room; line of sight would push the signal through a concrete basement wall, and our mechanical room. Would any improvement in strength occur if I obtained a USB extension cable, and moved the "dongle" at least outside of the cabinet it is in? (my network is a wireless g).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttOpotamus /forum/post/17818998


Disc can not be played!!! Since updating to 2.05 FW, my player will no longer play Blu-ray discs.


SD DVDs play fine.


I tried going back to 1.03, but still have the same results.


Does anyone know of a fix for this?


Thanks,

Stuart

I am on 2.05, and the only bluray I've tried so far played fine; did you update firmware using the internet or the usb/disc option? Have you tried resetting factory defaults?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 /forum/post/17813807


If you have a good signal and everything works for a while and then it drops all of a sudden; it sounds to me like you have a wireless router security /device issue. What security are your using? WPA, or WEP and what bit level etc? You might want to change these settings and try it again. I had so many problems between one of my laptops and my router with WPA that I ended up just using MAC address control on my router. I enter in the MAC addresses of my wireless devices and only allow those access to my network. Works flawlessly.

DHCP Reservations. This is very similar to static ip routing however, I feel, it has benefits over static ip. It's a breeze to set up. This cured a lot of my problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
KHarper,

My router is on 2nd floor. Blu-ray in basement. Upgraded to N router as the players dongle is N rated.


Still get 75% picture quality. Disappointed. I suspect would be difficult to do better.


Would be interested in others chiming in.
 
1681 - 1700 of 3254 Posts
Top