AVS Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 37709 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Early I said it was tape at the bottom of the screen from holding the screen protecter. It doesn't show anything when tv is off but when its on it show like wavy vertical lines at the bottom from left to right. You can't really see unless get up close should I worry about.
Screen protector? I'm not sure what you are talking about. Can you post a photo?
Can't upload until tomorrow since there's lightning around. The protector that covers the tv in the box keeping it from being scatched. It was tapped to tv at the bottom screen. So the screen is fine but I guess pixels there where it was at are a weird wavy look to it across the bottom. Like watery like smudge or something.
I don't know about yours but mine had nothing to protect the screen. There was a foam sheet covering the tv. And then there was a piece of cardboard over that. No tape touched the screen at all. Just a thin film of plastic which surrounded the bezel and rear of the tv.
Yeah that's what it was but for some reason it was tape on it and taped to the bottom. I tried taking a picture it wouldn't show up on the camera. It's not bothersome but still my brain knows it's there and only there if you get up close and pay attention to it.
Did the box look repackaged? Maybe someone returned if for the same issues that are bothering you.
Na it was bought from amazon brand new and shipped with postal service for some reason. I got a picture it kinda shows it.
I don't like that. If you can't clean it off I would exchange it.
Turns out the replacement is the same way. Now the quality seems worst and I can smell a certain smell at the back of the tv and it's hot there unlike the last one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys...I'm new to this thread. I bought the samsung ks8000 on Tuesday of last week. I just checked the firmware update and it's 1104. Does the tv automatically update by itself? The reason I ask, is that I don't want to own a set that was returned. And when I did the setup it didn't ask me to update the tv. And from reading the thread firmware thread came out around June 9th.

·
Registered
311 Posts
But you can't have different TV settings for each input device with this approach, correct? This would be a problem for me because my settings for my TiVo and my Oppo turned out to be quite different. This is why I run everything into the One Connect now instead of my AVR. If I'm wrong, I will go back to connecting everything to my AVR.
If you want the best audio, you'd be running everything through the receiver, and yes you wouldn't be able to have different picture settings that way. In your situation, I'd run the Tivo through the One Connect box and the Bluray player through the receiver so it can pass HD audio.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hi guys...I'm new to this thread. I bought the samsung ks8000 on Tuesday of last week. I just checked the firmware update and it's 1104. Does the tv automatically update by itself? The reason I ask, is that I don't want to own a set that was returned. And when I did the setup it didn't ask me to update the tv. And from reading the thread firmware thread came out around June 9th.
My 49KS8000 which I have owned now for 31 days is still on 1104, too. But it can take weeks for the updates to populate, based on my experience with my 65HU9000/SEK 3500. I honestly can't recall if when I first setup the TV it then updated to 1104, or if 1104 was the firmware version it came with. The default setting is for the TV to update automatically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 49KS8000 which I have owned now for 31 days is still on 1104, too. But it can take weeks for the updates to populate, based on my experience with my 65HU9000/SEK 3500. I honestly can't recall if when I first setup the TV it then updated to 1104, or if 1104 was the firmware version it came with. The default setting is for the TV to update automatically.
Thanks Larry, that helped put my mind at ease.

·
Registered
674 Posts

My TV came last Thursday from Amazon and is a FA01 model, made April 2016. I think it had a pretty old firmware version (can't remember which number exactly but it was 10**), and I manually updated to 1104, which was what was offered. Perhaps you can see when your panel was manufactured (should say in the back) as a proxy for whether it should have 1104 installed?

·
Registered
162 Posts
My TV came last Thursday from Amazon and is a FA01 model, made April 2016. I think it had a pretty old firmware version (can't remember which number exactly but it was 10**), and I manually updated to 1104, which was what was offered. Perhaps you can see when your panel was manufactured (should say in the back) as a proxy for whether it should have 1104 installed?

How do you know what model it is? I have one supposed to ship from Samsung on Monday. Is one better than the other?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had to manually update my 65KS8000 a few days ago when I looked in Settings...System...Software Update. It showed current as 1104 and 1111 was available so I forced the update.
I *think* I saw that once on my set. That is, that 1111 was available - but when I proceeded to download it, it disappeared never to be seen since. I hope that wasn't my only shot at this update? :)

Reactions: CosmoGeek

·
Registered
371 Posts
Any advice on how to turn off the Samsung logo when the display is active? I went through all the menu options but did not see anything obvious.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What is everyone doing with HDMI UHD color when hooking up a K8500 UHD bluray player through an AVR where everything go's into the AVR and the out to the TV? Just leaving it on for all devices going to that one HDMI, switching it on when using the K8500 or does it have no bearing on other input formats?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Amazon HDR is missing on mine as well. Had it but now broken.
I found that Amazon HDR is still available via the Amazon app. in my Samsung K8500 Blu-ray player. Go figure. (So it's a TV set, Smart Hub issue.)

·
Registered
559 Posts
They pulled 1111

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do you know that Samsung pulled firmware update 1111?

This is the big "HDR+" update that Samsung has announced for all 2016 TVs. Are there plans to add this feature in some other firmware update?

2081 - 2100 of 37709 Posts