AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 37300 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hey all, set up my TV this weekend, and this thread has been super helpful. I searched around a bit for some help, but wanted to ask a quick question. My Youtube and Hulu app are not starting, they attempt to load for 2-3 seconds, and then its just a black screen. I've tried a variety of troubleshooting methods with samsung support, like changing the DNS, resetting the Smarthub, unplugging the TV, changing the country code, and I updated the firmware to 1112.2 with the USB. No luck getting those 2 apps to load! Netflix and Amazon work fine though.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Also, whats the AMP settings that you guys have settled on. I'm using Custom with Blur set to 2, and Judder set to 6. But its still not ideal.

Thanks!
A common problem for many. My experience was that none of the fixes you listed worked. I even put the TV IP address in my router's DMZ.

The immediate workaround (not solution) is to hold the back button on your remote when the app is hung up (black screen or no response). You have to do this for each app and it happens frequently for me. I never have seen a problem with the Amazon app though. It does happen to YouTube occasionally and to HBO Now frequently.

Sent from my Samsung S7 Edge using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
A common problem for many. My experience was that none of the fixes you listed worked. I even put the TV IP address in my router's DMZ.

The immediate workaround (not solution) is to hold the back button on your remote when the app is hung up (black screen or no response). You have to do this for each app and it happens frequently for me. I never have seen a problem with the Amazon app though. It does happen to YouTube occasionally and to HBO Now frequently.

Thats interesting, thank you for sharing that. Does holding down the Back button reset the app or just exit it? I've tried to launch the youtube app many times, but its never loaded at all. Will try your tip tonight though.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Thats interesting, thank you for sharing that. Does holding down the Back button reset the app or just exit it? I've tried to launch the youtube app many times, but its never loaded at all. Will try your tip tonight though.
Not sure. It seems to force stop it because the next time you select it, the app gets loaded.

·
Registered
288 Posts
So I just exchanged my 8000. First off, I loved this tv for a lot of things. Colors were great, blacks seemed deep, good for gaming. But I couldn't get over the slight edge bleed (I actually had one with almost no bleed), especially the letterbox bars being grey during HDR content. The HDR one really got me. I couldn't stand the black bars being grey. I know it's an edge lit thing, but I wonder if moving the LEDs to the bottom on these new ones contributes to this more than if they'd stayed on the sides. Anyway, the 930d is only $500 more right now, and no such issues so far.

65Ks8000, K8500

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pip

I bought the 8000 at Best Buy and the salesperson told me this tv had picture in picture,I got it home,hung and hooked up and I like be it,but in the manual it says picture in picture is not available in the US and somewhere else,anybody know a work around this to get it to work?

·
Registered
49 Posts
So here are my findings testing with two games (Arma III and CS:GO) in [email protected] on a 980Ti. Some people will find them interesting. Please note that I have a 49KS9000 (been posting in this thread because it's the most lively one).

• No stuttering on PC input mode with 'Dynamic', 'Standard', or 'Sports' picture mode enabled
  • No stuttering in Game Console input mode with 'Dynamic', 'Standard', 'Movie', or 'Sports' picture mode enabled
  • No stuttering in Game Console input mode with 'Game Mode' enabled and chroma subsampling set to either 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 in GPU drivers
  • Stuttering in Game Console input mode with 'Game Mode' enabled and chroma subsampling set to 4:2:0

So hopefully we can put it to rest that game mode is unusable on a PC. Why anyone would set chroma to 4:2:0 anyway is beyond me, unless the driver doesn't give other options, of course. Fonts just get blurry and some colors will be off. Someone may correct me, but there is no benefit at all from 4:2:0 over 4:2:2.

The whole thing about the different modes boils down to a decision between lag and visual quality. Whatever is your preference, stick with it. Last night I didn't find game mode to look so awful anymore compared to 'Standard' on PC mode, but I would have to check with more games. So depending on the game, you may well get used to the PQ in game mode. If I had to pick between movie and game mode, I'd choose the latter because of lag. Fortunately, PC mode offers adequate input lag and PQ so I'll stick with that. Personally, I'd never use 'Dynamic' or 'Sports' in default settings, they just look grossly over-bright and unnatural.
I got to excited when I read this post, and then I noticed that you are on a 49KS9000. Unfortunately, that doesn't offset my (and others) complaints regarding both of the 65" KS versions. Unless the new firmware update fixed it! The last one that I tried was 1103.

The wait continues?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any information being collected on the panel options for the different size sets? Is the 60" a dud compared to the others?

I'm looking into side-grading from a 55JS8500, to lower the input lag. My space can also accommodate a 60", I just don't want to sacrifice PQ.

(I briefly had a 60JU7100 last year and it was very disappointing. Sharp-made panel.)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey guys. Finally ready to pull the trigger on the 65 inch 8000. I see the prices range online anywhere from $1664 to 2299. Any recommendations/warnings on where to get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Any major name company you know. I know people seem to think local places can be better because it's easier to exchange, but I almost always order everything online. Congrats on your decisions!
I definitely think Costco is the best in purchasing simply on their return policy, but I definitely agree that ordering online has its perks too. Here's Samsung Resellers list that I came by in my search. I'm debating on either ABT or Samsung themselves once I make a final decision. Right now I'm stuck between getting a 75" 1080P or a 65" 8000 or 9000. Seems no matter who you go with, the streaming systems are buggy and I'm not making the leap to 4K UHD BD's just yet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The issue is a problem with the Bluetooth receiver in the TV. I had the same problem with my remote and Samsung sound bar which is connect by Bluetooth with the One Connection feature. I found this fix on Samsung's site. With the TV on and playing, disconnect the power at the power outlet, wait a minute and plug in the TV. the TV will come back on and test your remote. The power button on the remote is IR and all the other buttons work via Bluetooth. So far my remote and soundbar have been working fine for 3 days now. This is my second Samsung 4K set the other is Best Buys 60JS8000 which works great now , but had issues too in the begining. Hoping they fix the HDR problems on the 65KS800D set soon.
Just turned on my 65KS800D and I'm back to square one with the remote problem. Samsung really screwed this Tv up with the last 2 firmware updates.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's not the Samsung TV, it's the Denon. Turn automatic switching to TV audio off in the setup menu. Here is a link to the relevant page in the manual: http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS710W/NA/EN/GFNFSYkabkahie.php

You can still use the ARC function leaving those settings, on the TV and the AVR, turned on.

The ability to turn off automatic switching to TV audio is one big reason I like Denon AVRs a lot.
I have a denon 4520ci and I don't see an option for automatic switching to tv audio. Do you know if the 4520ci does it? Does switching it off make it so when I turn off the tv my receiver no longer goes off, also does it effect inputs in that they are no longer auto switched when starting something in chromecast or Apple TV?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a denon 4520ci and I don't see an option for automatic switching to tv audio. Do you know if the 4520ci does it? Does switching it off make it so when I turn off the tv my receiver no longer goes off, also does it effect inputs in that they are no longer auto switched when starting something in chromecast or Apple TV?
I don't know your model specifically, but I suggest you explore your setup menu for such an option and consult the manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my KS8000 for a few days and have the following issues I'm hoping you guys can help with. Nothing came up in search.

1. The TV tends to turn itself back on after being turned off. Is my FireTV forcing it back on?
  2. My old LG Plasma would automatically turn on my Vizio sound bar (optical cable connection) when it plays sound. Doesn't happen here, and the sound bar doesn't automagically come on when I turn on the TV either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
So I was looking up info on the 60" that released. Does anybody know the differences other than size compared to the likes of the 55" and 65"? Like is it using a IPS panel or anything negative or seen as negative.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I changed my setup and am running the Xfinity cable box into HDMI 1 on the TV and my blu ray player into HDMI 2 on the TV and I have an optical out going to my receiver. I will just keep the receiver on the same input all the time as it seems to work better that way and I will get audio for the apps on the TV. Anyways, I have tried several times but the Samsung remote won't control my older Yamaha receiver. I kinda like that remote though. It works pretty well for how simple it is, but I am still going to use the Logitech 620 I have because the rest of the family is familiar with it. So when I push Watch TV, it's going to need to control all the stuff that the cable remote would, so I guess the only way to get it to control the TV stuff (menus and apps) would be to do like you did and make another button for that, right? Unless anyone can think of another way.
Did you figure a way to program you Samsung remote to work your yahmaha receiver yet, in having the same problem, it even funds my receiver model but still won't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure. It seems to force stop it because the next time you select it, the app gets loaded.

Unfortunately this didn't work. The app does force quit, but still loads a black screen when I try to open it again. Thanks for the advice, will keep searching

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thinking of picking up a 55" KS8000 and im wondering what the verdict from you guys on the KS8000? Im pretty picky on my tv. According to rtings this is a good all around set with solid HDR. Would you say this is accurate? Hows the greyscale performance on this set? Any DSE? How the black levels on this set? Any clouding? I game alot and now that consoles are switching to 4k outputs with HDR support im intrested in getting this set. What the lowest price a store has sold it? Id spring for the 65" model if its not to much more. Also can the light on the front be disabled? seems distracting having a bright white Samsunge logo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Unfortunately this didn't work. The app does force quit, but still loads a black screen when I try to open it again. Thanks for the advice, will keep searching

YouTube works well for me with the 1112 firmware. They also fixed the overlapping text bug that was introduced in 1111. Under APPS, is your auto-update apps option enabled? The MLB.TV app launches and gives me a list of games to select, then it wants to me to login. Since I don't have an MLB account, I can't verify beyond that. UltraFlix is still broken for me. The app would load half way and then hang. Is that the case for anyone else? That's too bad since it does have a ton of 4K stuff.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I bought the 8000 at Best Buy and the salesperson told me this tv had picture in picture,I got it home,hung and hooked up and I like be it,but in the manual it says picture in picture is not available in the US and somewhere else,anybody know a work around this to get it to work?
The only PIP I know of on the 8000 is an option to watch a video source while you are in the Web browser.

2401 - 2420 of 37300 Posts