AVS Forum banner

28161 - 28180 of 37175 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
@blenky, Steam Link is now finally available, albeit still as a beta.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream#announcements/detail/1443819397196237403
Samsung has published their release candidate build in the app store, available in 54 countries worldwide.

Fixes in this build:
Fixed initial pairing and discovery issues
Added support for advanced streaming settings
Added support for 4K streaming on 2017 TVs
Finalized shipping controller support (Steam Controller, Xbox 360 wired and wireless, Xbox One wired, Logitech F510/F710)

Known issues:
4K streaming is not supported on 2016 TVs (models KS and KU) and you'll get a black screen if you try it.
Entering PIN authorization code is not supported and the stream won't start
Other errors starting streaming are not reported, check computer to make sure it's not locked and Steam doesn't have a driver installation dialog up
Rumble on Xbox controllers causes a lag spike
I can confirm that the app has appeared on my UK model's "app shop".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, I have recently noticed a "white/birght line" on the lower right side of my screen out of nowhere. It's only visible on brighter images though. I had this TV since 2016 and didn't have any hardware related issues with it.

Could anyone explain what this is and if there is a fix for it? I've marked the issue with a red circle:

https://ibb.co/cz0J4k

·
Registered
290 Posts
I also use my KS8000 in extended desktop mode. I believe if you "clone" or copy or duplicate your display, it forces the KS8000 to use the same setting/mode what ever your original display is.

I primarily use the KS8000 to watch videos and movies in my gaming room. So I don't use the PC mode nor the game mode. I have a 35" Acer 4K as my main; as soon as those 4k HDR G-sync monitor comes out I'll be going back to my 3x surround setup. I sure miss my 3x 35" 4K surround setup :frown:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Trying to find a solution to this super annoying multiple remote issue.. I have my Blu Ray player and cable box plugged into my AVR and would like to use my Samsung remote (universal remote) for both of them. However, I need to add both devices as new as if they aren't plugged into the same HDMI (through the AVR) because if I setup both through home theatre setup instead of tv it will power off my AVR when trying to turn on/off my Blu Ray player. However, I'm having to setup this way every week because it seems to be sensing there is only 1 HDMI and knocking off the second device under the one HDMI input. Do you see any way around this..? Or am I just unfortunately stuck with setting up weekly for good?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I didn't know if it would still be able to utilize the speaker setup through the AVR?
You can, but there are limitations. I don't need more than 5.1 and typical/common digital sound modes so it works very well for me with ARC and my Denon S720 AVR.

I have most of my devices connected to the OCB and I really enjoy using the Samsung remote and the user experience. My Samsung UHD BD player is connected through my AVR and I am also able to use the Samsung TV remote to control it. It does sometimes get confused with power on/off though.

The overall device interaction can be challenging to standardize and centralize to your liking. Some people find using a universal remote such as Logitech helpful.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can, but there are limitations. I don't need more than 5.1 and typical/common digital sound modes so it works very well for me with ARC and my Denon S720 AVR.

I have most of my devices connected to the OCB and I really enjoy using the Samsung remote and the user experience. My Samsung UHD BD player is connected through my AVR and I am also able to use the Samsung TV remote to control it. It does sometimes get confused with power on/off though.

The overall device interaction can be challenging to standardize and centralize to your liking. Some people find using a universal remote such as Logitech helpful.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk
Ah, yeah... that's what I thought.

I really love the simplistic Samsung remote.. dang it.

Are any of the universal remotes simple like it? Pretty decent price? So would a universal remote then be able to control the tv, AVR, UHD Blu Ray player, PC input, and cable box all at once?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi all, I have recently noticed a "white/birght line" on the lower right side of my screen out of nowhere. It's only visible on brighter images though. I had this TV since 2016 and didn't have any hardware related issues with it.

Could anyone explain what this is and if there is a fix for it? I've marked the issue with a red circle:

https://ibb.co/cz0J4k

looks similar to this one

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2387466-official-samsung-ks8000-ks8500-owners-thread-935.html#post54455345

·
Registered
3,275 Posts

Are any of the universal remotes simple like it? Pretty decent price? So would a universal remote then be able to control the tv, AVR, UHD Blu Ray player, PC input, and cable box all at once?
I use a Harmony One to control everything and it makes life much easier. Not difficult setting it up either.

·
Registered
59 Posts

I use the Harmony 650, el cheapo, and leave the Samsung remote in the closet. I don't setup complex actions and just us the one remote to control the AVR, Blu Ray and TV. The cable box is it's own remote.

·
Registered
505 Posts
So I saw about being able to change the annoying local dimming.. Just making sure I'm understanding correctly, so, outside of PC mode through turning local dimming off in the advanced service menu it locks the backlight? To what level is it locked? If I'm understanding correctly.. do you think backlight is better than local dimming off for HDR? I'm thinking it might be..

·
Registered
46 Posts
+1 for the 650 remote. I have had Harmonys for years, and I am a big fan of the task-oriented concept of them.
8 devices
Thank you! Am definitely going to try it out.
Harmony remotes are great.

The only thing about the 650 (and most of them) is that its pretty big and ugly.

I got the Harmony Smart Control remote with Hub now and I like it much better. Its a really nice looking and feeling remote. Totally different to the others. The hub concept is awesome too. You dont have to point the remote at the equipment any more, you can even put everything in a closed cupboard out of sight if you want. Maybe not the TV ...

Downside. No screen.

Either way is just personal preference anyway. They are all good and do much the same thing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Harmony remotes are great.

The only thing about the 650 (and most of them) is that its pretty big and ugly.

I got the Harmony Smart Control remote with Hub now and I like it much better. Its a really nice looking and feeling remote. Totally different to the others. The hub concept is awesome too. You dont have to point the remote at the equipment any more, you can even put everything in a closed cupboard out of sight if you want. Maybe not the TV ...

Downside. No screen.

Either way is just personal preference anyway. They are all good and do much the same thing.
Wow.. the hub thing sounds really cool. I saw those and wondered what the difference was. What do you mean by no screen?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Wow.. the hub thing sounds really cool. I saw those and wondered what the difference was. What do you mean by no screen?
Some models have a touch screen on the remote for further customization or added commands such as the Harmony Elite I have. The companion remote is just a basic remote with no screen that communicates with the hub. The remotes work by themselves via IR without the hub but the hub really is what adds more control and support for extra things.

You can even just buy the hub and use your phone as a remote via a harmony app. The hub is the real upgrade in my opinion as it has 2 extenders you place on the other shelfs of your rack. The remotes and phone can communicate via bluetooth so you can put the hub in a closet and the remote can still communicate with the hub which will then send the proper IR signals to your devices tucked away behind a door or wall. Even though my stuff is out in the open the extenders really help make sure none of my equipment miss a command.

I replaced a harmony One, which is now in my living room setup, and though it still works great I have to make sure I have it pointed at the equipment for it to work. The addition of the hub added support for my PS4 and wifi devices like my Sonos speakers. Really is cool stuff and was well worth the money to me but for those that don't want or need the fancy remote can get the basic remote with the hub which IMO is the more important piece.

28161 - 28180 of 37175 Posts