AVS Forum banner

29601 - 29620 of 37177 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Rudy1,

What we really need is the ability to simply turn off auto detection, this will allow us to set and forget (we can utilize a single OCB input via AVR and set for consistency thus allowing a proper calibration to be functional across all sources). The way it is now the display auto detects upon every power up and decides what it wants to do versus just keeping things the way the end user sets it (many here are very experienced users and do not require the hand holding, this is why I suggest a simple On/Off setting).

This is especially annoying regarding PC use and would be a very welcome and much appreciated function/feature.

I cannot wait for the auto loading of Game HDR settings, every step moves us that much closer to the best all-around gaming display.

I would also like to add that it is fantastic having you here as our 'owners' voice and I commend Samsung for listening, I am very impressed with their willingness to continue to make changes to our out of production display... bravo!

Thank you Rudy (and Samsung), much appreciated!
- Jason

Our thoughts are with you LV.
Jason,

I'll have a word with one of the directors later today about your suggestion. I'll also see if I can get the HDR Game Mode situation resolved...I was informed recently that the Korean executives are reluctant to approve the global distribution of the firmware update designed to address this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone here have a KS8000/KS800D paired with the Bose Soundtouch 300 Soundbar?

How do you have it connected and how is it working for you?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Very reassuring! Thank you so so much! Do you mind me asking what you have your backlight and brightness levels at?
I know you were asking @blenky, but I've had mine about the same length of time. Well, give or take a month. I'm in Movie mode and my backlight is set at 6 and brightness 44. Sometimes I bump it back up to 8, it depends on what I'm watching.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greetings,

I'm considering picking up a 55" from a local retailer here in NYC, I know it's pretty much old stock so that's why I'm being a bit cautious, especially since their return policy is not as easy as Best Buy or Costco. However, it's new and it's in stock, decent price too.

Are all the inputs equal? What I mean is, can I plug in a XBOX ONE S and PS4 PRO to whatever input I desire and set to Full Deep Color or whatever it's called on the set in order to get HDR working properly on the consoles? or can only one input handle the throughout and the rest have limitations?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Greetings,

I'm considering picking up a 55" from a local retailer here in NYC, I know it's pretty much old stock so that's why I'm being a bit cautious, especially since their return policy is not as easy as Best Buy or Costco. However, it's new and it's in stock, decent price too.

Are all the inputs equal? What I mean is, can I plug in a XBOX ONE S and PS4 PRO to whatever input I desire and set to Full Deep Color or whatever it's called on the set in order to get HDR working properly on the consoles? or can only one input handle the throughout and the rest have limitations?

Thank you in advance
The HDMI inputs are all the same, so use whichever is most convenient for your particular setup. Just make sure that input (and any other where you plan to input 2160p/60Hz) is configured correctly (go General>External Device Manager>HDMI UHD Color).

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Rudy1,

What we really need is the ability to simply turn off auto detection, this will allow us to set and forget (we can utilize a single OCB input via AVR and set for consistency thus allowing a proper calibration to be functional across all sources). The way it is now the display auto detects upon every power up and decides what it wants to do versus just keeping things the way the end user sets it (many here are very experienced users and do not require the hand holding, this is why I suggest a simple On/Off setting).

This is especially annoying regarding PC use and would be a very welcome and much appreciated function/feature.

I cannot wait for the auto loading of Game HDR settings, every step moves us that much closer to the best all-around gaming display.

I would also like to add that it is fantastic having you here as our 'owners' voice and I commend Samsung for listening, I am very impressed with their willingness to continue to make changes to our out of production display... bravo!

Thank you Rudy (and Samsung), much appreciated!
- Jason

Our thoughts are with you LV.
Jason,

Here is the result of my conversations with the director and the chief engineer....

HDMI AUTO DETECT TOGGLE

The HDMI Auto Detect feature can be turned off on Samsung 2016/2017 TVs using the remote control by pressing a certain key sequence (either IR or Bluetooth remote works).

1.      Make sure TV is updated to latest firmware version
2.      Switch TV to TV source – HDMI may not work with BT Smart remotes. TV source works with either remote
3.     Using IR Remote: Mute + 7 + 2 + 9 + Exit 
4.     Using Smart Control: Mute + Vol Down + Ch Down + Mute 

PLEASE NOTE: TV does not display any messages after you press the above key combination. This function is a toggle. So if you want to turn HDMI Auto Detect on again, press the same key sequence.

This information has already been shared with online Tech Support and the Call Centers.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Very reassuring! Thank you so so much! Do you mind me asking what you have your backlight and brightness levels at?
I know you were asking @blenky, but I've had mine about the same length of time. Well, give or take a month. I'm in Movie mode and my backlight is set at 6 and brightness 44. Sometimes I bump it back up to 8, it depends on what I'm watching.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Is the smart control the small slender one that came with the KS8000?

If so what is the mute button - just press down on volume lever?
This is correct...you just press down on it and it mutes the onboard speakers.

Reactions: expose

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
2.      Switch TV to TV source – HDMI may not work with BT Smart remotes. TV source works with either remote

PLEASE NOTE: TV does not display any messages after you press the above key combination. This function is a toggle. So if you want to turn HDMI Auto Detect on again, press the same key sequence.

This information has already been shared with online Tech Support and the Call Centers.
I did it. It gave me a message about auto set-up or something along those lines and I had to hit okay to continue. I then left the TV Source area to go back to source screen so I could go back to my HDMI select. I noticed that my main HDMI select was then named HDMI 4 and showed an HDMI slot image, whereas before I went into the TV Source and did the combos to toggle auto-detect off, it was calling that HDMI input "BD" or something with a "B" and showing a blu-ray player image.

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
I have not tried it as of yet but I hope I was clear enough with my request. I'll be sure to try it out as soon as I can. :eek:

I was meaning the 'auto detect' where the tv decides what the source signal is (PC, Blu Ray Player, Game Console, etc. based upon ycbcr/rgb/444/422/420/full/limited) and not simply detecting which HDMI input has an active signal.

Excellent feedback either way Rudy! :)

- Jason

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Jason,

Here is the result of my conversations with the director and the chief engineer....

HDMI AUTO DETECT TOGGLE

The HDMI Auto Detect feature can be turned off on Samsung 2016/2017 TVs using the remote control by pressing a certain key sequence (either IR or Bluetooth remote works).

Any other special toggles or key sequences that they can share with us? Many of us appreciate the features and flexibility. If it helps, let them know we can share our product survey with them which has almost 100 responses!

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am looking to purchase wireless headphones and know that through Bluetooth you are able to connect them to the TV. However, I am using an AVR/5.1 setup so would I need to go through the AVR or the TV? I'm needing to have sound only coming through headphones while using different sources (BD player/TV Audio) while silencing the speakers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Jason,

HDMI AUTO DETECT TOGGLE

Didn't work for me... the HDMI 4 keeps going back to the label HDMI 4 "Receiver" (after a power off) and the icon is NOT the PC icon

My setup is PC > Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar > Samsung KS8000 (HDMI4). Right now it auto detects the sound bar and set the HDMI 4 to a "home theater" Icon. Need that to stop and just be always set to the PC Icon

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jason,

HDMI AUTO DETECT TOGGLE

wow... this is great. I think this fixes the problem users that own Nintendo Switchs were having (the tv would change to the Switch's HDMI input with the console in standby). I had a similar issue with my Yamaha receiver and the TV. Whenever i changed my TV's sound output to HDMI ARC, my receiver turned on and the TV would also change its input to the HDMI4 (ARC). After using this code, the TV no longer changes its input. The receiver turns on, but the TV stays in the source that i'm watching. This is really great!

edit: this means that you don't need to turn off anynet anymore. you can keep HDMI CEC functions, the tv simply ignores when a source that's connectd by hdmi turns on and it won't change to that input.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Jason,

HDMI AUTO DETECT TOGGLE

1.????? Make sure TV is updated to latest firmware version
2.????? Switch TV to TV source ? HDMI may not work with BT Smart remotes. TV source works with either remote
3.???? Using IR?Remote:?Mute?+?7?+?2?+?9?+?Exit?
4.???? Using Smart?Control:?Mute?+?Vol?Down?+?Ch?Down?+?Mute?

wow... this is great. I think this fixes the problem users that own Nintendo Switchs were having (the tv would change to the Switch's HDMI input with the console in standby). I had a similar issue with my Yamaha receiver and the TV. Whenever i changed my TV's sound output to HDMI ARC, my receiver turned on and the TV would also change its input to the HDMI4 (ARC). After using this code, the TV no longer changes its input. The receiver turns on, but the TV stays in the source that i'm watching. This is really great!
Does anyone know if this affects sources being removed and having to set them up again or not? Don't know if auto detect is why it could possibly be removing source due to an AVR setup?

29601 - 29620 of 37177 Posts