AVS Forum banner

37081 - 37100 of 37178 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I forgot for days now to come see what the update might have done. But alas I'm leaving this set behind for LG C9 I just ordered 65 inch. Prob put this in my bedroom or sell it. Was a decent tv. I never had any edge light bleeding not even a hint of it or any other real issue. Now I move on to worry about burn in.

Reactions: Terminader

·
Registered
515 Posts
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Replace the tv. Lol. Mine is doing it too. It’s been a great set but I replaced it with a 85X900F

As you can see I’d say mine might be worse. It’s gotten worse over the past year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Replace the tv. Lol. Mine is doing it too. It’s been a great set but I replaced it with a 85X900F

As you can see I’d say mine might be worse. It’s gotten worse over the past year or so.

Must be adhesive or something giving way

·
Registered
34 Posts
Audio stuff confuses the hell out of my so was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I currently use a Nvidia Shield hooked up to my KS8000 (no receiver). Was looking at the new Sonos Arc which is supposed to sound awesome with Atmos but seems like getting Atmos on the KS8000 isn't possible without a supporter receiver. I guess DD+ is the highest output....if even that?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Hey Greenstumps,

Try this tip from the AVS Forum Official Samsung KS8000 KS8500 Owners' Information. (Bottom of the first post, page one of this entire thread.):

"Samsung Logo: You can turn off the light at the bottom of your screen by going to
Settings, System, Expert Settings, Light Effect and set to Off."

This may or may not help, but it's definitely worth a try. :)

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Audio stuff confuses the hell out of my so was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I currently use a Nvidia Shield hooked up to my KS8000 (no receiver). Was looking at the new Sonos Arc which is supposed to sound awesome with Atmos but seems like getting Atmos on the KS8000 isn't possible without a supporter receiver. I guess DD+ is the highest output....if even that?
ARC is the HDMI equivalent of Toslink (optical) and shares the same limitations. No DD+ on either, so no ATMOS. 5.1 vanilla DD and DTS only.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ARC is the HDMI equivalent of Toslink (optical) and shares the same limitations. No DD+ on either, so no ATMOS. 5.1 vanilla DD and DTS only.
See this is what confuses me - the KS8000 product page says the TV supports DD+ with no other subtext. Is that passthrough only if you're using a receiver that supports DD+? Since the Sonos Arc only has 1 HDMI port, seems like it'd be a no-go with this TV unless I also buy a receiver :/

·
Registered
286 Posts
DD+ can pass over ARC provided the TV app and AVR support it. DD+ can contain Atmos metadata. ARC cannot pass lossless TrueHd with Atmos metadata, which is where eARC comes in to the picture. We’ll see how reliable eARC is in comparison as ARC has always been a mess because it isctied to HDMI-CEC. I believe eARC can be enabled without HDMI control.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
See this is what confuses me - the KS8000 product page says the TV supports DD+ with no other subtext. Is that passthrough only if you're using a receiver that supports DD+? Since the Sonos Arc only has 1 HDMI port, seems like it'd be a no-go with this TV unless I also buy a receiver :/
The owner's e-manual, page 91 of 105, says the TV contains a decoder for DD+, so it can play DD+ that comes in. It says nothing about being able to output DD+ over ARC.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201612/20161209095658187/ENG_US-JZATSCK-1.2.2.pdf

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
What latest firmware? I'm on 1242. Is there something newer?
I turn on my 65KS8000 last night and thought, gee my TV looks dim? So I quickly check and realize that my TV had auto updated to firmware 1242. But all my settings had been reset and horribly I only had two Picture Modes available to select (Standar,Dynamic). My preferred Movie mode had disappeared. I finally had to do a full factory reset to get all my options back? Firmware 1241 was a very good update picture wise and did not cause this problem. Version 1242 seems to be problematic (games)?

I am happy Samaung is still allocating resources to this TV, but a bit more testing proabably would be in order.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Well, my 55" KS8000 has started the dreaded screen flicker today. Like seeing vertical double vision on and off. I went to the Samsung boards and theres a 2 page article of quite a few people who have started to experience this issue, all at about the 3 yr mark.

It stopped flickering after a couple minutes, a little while ago, but I expect it to come back. I was on 1241 and updated to 1242 just to see if it helps, but I doubt it since when it was flickering, even the startup logo was flickering.

Luckily I have a Squaretrade 5 yr plan, so I do have some options.

Anyone else out there that is starting to see this?

**EDIT**

Realized I put 48 instead of 55 inch

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Well, my 48" KS8000 has started the dreaded screen flicker today. Like seeing vertical double vision on and off. I went to the Samsung boards and theres a 2 page article of quite a few people who have started to experience this issue, all at about the 3 yr mark.

It stopped flickering after a couple minutes, a little while ago, but I expect it to come back. I was on 1241 and updated to 1242 just to see if it helps, but I doubt it since when it was flickering, even the startup logo was flickering.

Luckily I have a Squaretrade 5 yr plan, so I do have some options.

Anyone else out there that is starting to see this?

So SquareTrade has agreed to replace my 55 inch KS8000 TV. However, their first offer is IMO a downgrade in the LG 55NANO85UNA I believe the KS8000 was QLED and had a 10-bit panel. I'd like to get that in the replacement.

I need some thoughts on what to push for as an equivalent replacement.

**EDIT**
I am thinking of pushing for a Q80R, which when compared, looks similar to the KS8000 in specs(and similar in original price, but I got min KS0000 on sale for $1000, down from $1200 at the time), but I doubt Square Trade will go there. The 10 bit panel is a big thing to me, which doesn't seem to be on any models(at least not mentioned) that I can find, that look comparable.

**EDIT 2**
So after seeing a couple others push and get the Q80R as a replacement for their KS8000(albeit 65in models), I have countered with that. We shall see.

Thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
So SquareTrade has agreed to replace my 55 inch KS8000 TV. However, their first offer is IMO a downgrade in the LG 55NANO85UNA I believe the KS8000 was QLED and had a 10-bit panel. I'd like to get that in the replacement.

I need some thoughts on what to push for as an equivalent replacement.

**EDIT**
I am thinking of pushing for a Q80R, which when compared, looks similar to the KS8000 in specs(and similar in original price, but I got min KS0000 on sale for $1000, down from $1200 at the time), but I doubt Square Trade will go there. The 10 bit panel is a big thing to me, which doesn't seem to be on any models(at least not mentioned) that I can find, that look comparable.

**EDIT 2**
So after seeing a couple others push and get the Q80R as a replacement for their KS8000(albeit 65in models), I have countered with that. We shall see.

Thanks

Good luck. I think a good argument is that the KS8000 has the anti-glare (ultra black) feature. Only the Q80R and north american Q80T have that feature. For some regions only the Q85T (US doesn’t have a Q85T) has that feature and for my living room I know I would need that in a replacement.

37081 - 37100 of 37178 Posts