AVS Forum banner

37261 - 37280 of 37300 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Unfortunately, my screen is developing dark spots on the bottom side since a few months. Mainly visible at the bottom center and righthand corner. It's gradually geting worse in time. I even think i'm starting to see light bleed coming trough the entire bottom side. This is my 4th KS8000 screen by the way, and no longer have warranty at this point in time. It's especially noticeable during solid colors, not so much during regular content. I think it's time to start saving for another TV, not sure how long this one will last before it gets unbearable to watch.
Saving will take a while though, since i just paid for a PS5 and some games and accessoires, lol.

Such a shame cause i really love this tv, but each new screen just keeps failing on me after about 6 months without having the brightness higher than 7. Heard someone once mention that it's the glue letting loose which they used to mount to screen onto the frame.

Anyway, i think i'm going to choose a different brand for my next tv. Looking at the Sony X90H/XH90 Series as a possible follow up. Escpecially since 80% of the time i will be using the TV for gaming on my PS5 or watching 4k Blu-rays with my PS5. Nice to see that this forum is still active :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Anyone have any luck with linking up a xbox 360 wireless controller? I have a (fake) xbox wireless receiver connected to the one-connect-box USB (also tried back panel port). I'm not sure if a genuine Microsoft receiver will make a difference.
That's not going to work, It needs drivers your TV isn't going to be able to supply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anybody have any experience with replacing the main board and/or concerns/success of doing so?

I know on some older devices, I've jumpered a pin with ground to 'clear' the eeprom, but I'm concerned this may be more than just bad data.

The TV will not even turn off now via the remote or the physical button...
Back in business! A main board swap solved it all. No issues, no problems. $59.00 fix

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. Youtube TV native app stopped working today. Worked fine this morning but when we checked around 5 pm it says to wait a bit but actually never comes on. Tried a Fire TV on HDMI port with YouTubeTV app, and that worked fine - so not a network or account issue. Tried to delete and reload the app, but it gives me a timeout error trying to reload. All other apps (Netflix, Hulu etc) work fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all. Youtube TV native app stopped working today. Worked fine this morning but when we checked around 5 pm it says to wait a bit but actually never comes on. Tried a Fire TV on HDMI port with YouTubeTV app, and that worked fine - so not a network or account issue. Tried to delete and reload the app, but it gives me a timeout error trying to reload. All other apps (Netflix, Hulu etc) work fine. Any ideas?
For a simple fix try "rebooting" the TV by unplugging it for 4-5 minutes.
Then plug it back in and turn it on.
That usually does the trick when this TV and its assorted apps start to act buggy.
Let us know if that fixes the problem or not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K provide better video quality for streaming apps than the apps built into the Samsung KS8000 TV?

The menu and apps on my 65KS8000 seem to get more and more sluggish for whatever reason, and updating to the latest 1242 firmware made no difference. Some apps like TLC Go are just very unresponsive and slow, while others like Showtime Anytime sometimes just refuses to run until I do a soft reset of the TV. So a Fire TV Stick 4K seemed like a good option, and with its support of HDR and 10-bit color (and 12-bit as well, which I assume the TV can't handle), I'm wondering if it can provide even better video quality than the TV's built-in apps.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Does an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K provide better video quality for streaming apps than the apps built into the Samsung KS8000 TV?

The menu and apps on my 65KS8000 seem to get more and more sluggish for whatever reason, and updating to the latest 1242 firmware made no difference. Some apps like TLC Go are just very unresponsive and slow, while others like Showtime Anytime sometimes just refuses to run until I do a soft reset of the TV. So a Fire TV Stick 4K seemed like a good option, and with its support of HDR and 10-bit color (and 12-bit as well, which I assume the TV can't handle), I'm wondering if it can provide even better video quality than the TV's built-in apps.
Not sure about the Fire Stick, but the Fire TV Cube 2nd gen does video processing and you may or may not like the output!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
For a simple fix try "rebooting" the TV by unplugging it for 4-5 minutes.
Then plug it back in and turn it on.
That usually does the trick when this TV and its assorted apps start to act buggy.
Let us know if that fixes the problem or not.
That worked great. Thank you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My Perfectly Good, Working and far better looking KS8000 compared to our Q800T a while ago started doing good things. It would without any set up work with Amazon Echo. Then just the other day the KS8000 will "Turn On", but not "Off". It even changed inputs with a simple voice command, that it never did before and has stopped that too. It was nice while it lasted. I see the new Android App is out and we are being told that "We have to" upgrade. So where does that leave the millions that have SSTVs that have been using them this way . . .

Just wondering if anyone is seeing this?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you . . .
. . . fb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all... UN55KS8000 owner here. The TV has served me well the last few years. However, recently there's a strange occurrence that happens randomly. The last few weeks or so, the TV will change inputs from the receiver (HDMI 4) to TV. It would initially go to TV+, so I got rid of the channels hoping that would fix the problem. Now it goes to TV.

This happens when I'm playing PS4. The TV is always on HDMI 4, whether it's for watching TV or PS4, because I have everything going through the AV Receiver. It's been setup like this for over a year so the auto input change is something new happening.

I tried unplugging the TV for about 10 minutes hoping that would fix it, but that doesn't work. Has anyone come across this issue and figured out how to fix it?

The TV has 1242 firmware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, long-time KS8000 owner here and I love the set, but as I'm due to receive a Xbox Series X at launch I'm finally looking into options for HDMI 2.1 and Variable Refresh Rate. As a result, I'm looking to upgrade and sell my current TV. Was wondering what the market rate for this set is used?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all, long-time KS8000 owner here and I love the set, but as I'm due to receive a Xbox Series X at launch I'm finally looking into options for HDMI 2.1 and Variable Refresh Rate. As a result, I'm looking to upgrade and sell my current TV. Was wondering what the market rate for this set is used?
I sold my 65" for $300

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I am on an older firmware. Is there somewhere I can download 1241 and then is there any way to prevent auto-updating to 1242?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
What is wrong with 1242?
There have been reports across the globe of game mode, local dimming being screwed up with blacks looking gray:

37261 - 37280 of 37300 Posts