AVS Forum banner

37281 - 37300 of 37323 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
There have been reports across the globe of game mode, local dimming being screwed up with blacks looking gray:

Interesting. My KS800D is on 1242 and I’ve not noticed picture quality being degraded. I think the TV still looks amazing for a 4 year old set.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
There have been reports across the globe of game mode, local dimming being screwed up with blacks looking gray:

Looks more like an issue with the FALD model and not our KS8000.
Although somewhere along the line, automatic Game Mode switching stopped working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Interesting. My KS800D is on 1242 and I’ve not noticed picture quality being degraded. I think the TV still looks amazing for a 4 year old set.
Looks more like an issue with the FALD model and not our KS8000.
Although somewhere along the line, automatic Game Mode switching stopped working!
So you guys don't notice any change to blacks in game mode?
I remember seeing KS8000 owners complaining as well.
The original complainer said to check out a youtube dimming demo in and out of game mode to see the difference.

Either way, any idea if someone has uploaded the 1242 firmware somewhere? Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So you guys don't notice any change to blacks in game mode?
I remember seeing KS8000 owners complaining as well.
The original complainer said to check out a youtube dimming demo in and out of game mode to see the difference.

Either way, any idea if someone has uploaded the 1242 firmware somewhere? Thanks.
If I’m not seeing any issues in normal viewing I’m certainly not going to go watch videos designed exaggerate them.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I’ve had the set for several years and moved it when I sold my house and moved. I’m building a new media room in my new location and getting and Xbox Series X in nov , so I may use the set for a bit more till I decide what’s next, I’ve considered Oled but worry about image retention, what would the forum recommend next?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve had the set for several years and moved it when I sold my house and moved. I’m building a new media room in my new location and getting and Xbox Series X in nov , so I may use the set for a bit more till I decide what’s next, I’ve considered Oled but worry about image retention, what would the forum recommend next?

Samsung Q90T

·
Registered
40 Posts

You would probably be better off to wait and purchase a 2021 television. TCL and Hisense will most likely have HDMI 2.1 in 2021, so you will have a larger selection of TV's to chose when looking at models for next gen gaming.

·
Registered
673 Posts

The Q80T (Q85T in the EU) is a great replacement for the KS8000. It has the anti reflective coat like the KS8000 and adds an ultra wide angle filter. Personally I love this feature because now the side chair looks just as good as the main viewing position. It also has eARC and HDMI 2.1 for next gen gaming.

Reactions: Terminader

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

Rtings did a comprehensive test on image retention.
Long story short, it is not an issue!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine since 1242 will turn "On" via Alexa, ATV4K and D!SH, but won't turn "Off" using devices routines and controls. HDMI-CEC has no effect.

But no picture issues. Yet... Still Gorgeous!

UPDATE 11/01/2020:
As of a week or so, my TV no longer turns On or change inputs through Alexa. I would guess that SmartThings has abandoned it. Even with CEC-HDMI from other devices. It'll turn on via CEC from the H3. I filed a compliant with Amazon and we are talking and experimenting. And haven't reached the "It's the developers fault" . . . yet.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unfortunately, I also experience a lot of mistakes on TV. The errors did not appear immediately, but over time, for example, when I was watching a movie in the evening or using the ps4. The depth of the black is not as deep as it used to be. Many of us have already written a letter to Samsung to fix the bugs but we haven’t received any fixes in half a year. They don’t want to deal with the SUHD series. Though it is a very good tv to this day, but Samsung does not want to improve. Write as many people as possible to Support to improve the picture quality of our TV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unfortunately, I also experience a lot of mistakes on TV. The errors did not appear immediately, but over time, for example, when I was watching a movie in the evening or using the ps4. The depth of the black is not as deep as it used to be. Many of us have already written a letter to Samsung to fix the bugs but we haven’t received any fixes in half a year. They don’t want to deal with the SUHD series. Though it is a very good tv to this day, but Samsung does not want to improve. Write as many people as possible to Support to improve the picture quality of our TV.
Honest question, are people still expecting Samsung to be actively producing firmware for what is now a middle aged TV?

I’m sure we’d all love the answer to be yes, but personally I’m not expecting or knocking them if it doesn’t happen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Honest question, are people still expecting Samsung to be actively producing firmware for what is now a middle aged TV?

I’m sure we’d all love the answer to be yes, but personally I’m not expecting or knocking them if it doesn’t happen.
Obviously I wouldn’t expect that either, but since there is a bug in the operation of the tv and it hasn’t been so far, I rightly expect it to fix what the developers of Samsug brought about by the software update. I bought this TV for thousands of dollars and everything worked perfectly until the previous update. With that in mind, I expect it to work properly. I don't think it's impossible, please!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Is this related to 1242? Any ideas on where someone may have posted older firmware like 1241?

I feel like if they break something major with a new firmware, they should at least fix that and leave things on a good note. Apparently 1241 was pretty widely praised. Either that or allow us to roll back to older firmware (or at a very minimum, really turn off firmware updates). Otherwise, conspiracy theories about them trying to degrade performance in order to cause us to want to upgrade will always persist.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Obviously I wouldn’t expect that either, but since there is a bug in the operation of the tv and it hasn’t been so far, I rightly expect it to fix what the developers of Samsug brought about by the software update. I bought this TV for thousands of dollars and everything worked perfectly until the previous update. With that in mind, I expect it to work properly. I don't think it's impossible, please!
Do you have the KS8000?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you have the KS8000?
I have UE65KS7500 (this model in America is KS8500) and I have UE65KS9505 (KS9800 in America) but the KS9505 is more striking in performance degradation unfortunately.
Many have experienced similar bugs, but I notice that in most cases there is something wrong with the software on European models that needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
So how bad is the performance degradation on the edge lit 8500? Many are saying the issue is primarily with the FALD sets.
Also are you saying that the US sets aren't affected?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with oversaturated reds? I changed everything I could find and it still looks bad. I've never liked this tv. I miss my Plasma.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So how bad is the performance degradation on the edge lit 8500? Many are saying the issue is primarily with the FALD sets.
Also are you saying that the US sets aren't affected?
Yes, many people write to the Samsung Community group about what the 1242 firmware caused. I started that conversation to gather as many owners as possible who are experiencing an error. This is not a conspiracy theory but I see it with my own eyes every day and others experience it unfortunately. It seems that American models are not affected in most cases, because that's what you write here mostly.
The Ks7500 black color depth and local dimming algorithm do not work as accurately as before, though this model is exactly the same as the Ks8500 only they are called differently by region.

37281 - 37300 of 37323 Posts