AVS Forum banner

14281 - 14300 of 37301 Posts

·
Banned
425 Posts
Revenant and Expendables 3. ALso tried a couple of regular Blu Rays. Regular Blu Rays, and the 4K Blu Ray in SDR work perfect.
As long as you've got HDMI UHD Color enabled for the right port and picture mode set to Movie or Standard, everything should work. See if Smart LED is set to high and Dynamic Contrast set to low or medium. If not, try those settings and see if it helps.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I've had two 65KS8000 units purchased direct from Samsung.com. The first unit had the rear panel and front bezel coming undone. The second unit had dead pixels, wavy frame and back panel coming off. I've ordered a third, but feel like I'm probably going to get more of the same. Does anyone have a 65" that has a straight frame when viewed from above and no dead pixels? I thought about the KS9000, but rather not pay a $400 premium (EPP Pricing) for a better frame since the picture is pretty much indistinguishable.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As long as you've got HDMI UHD Color enabled for the right port and picture mode set to Movie or Standard, everything should work. See if Smart LED is set to high and Dynamic Contrast set to low or medium. If not, try those settings and see if it helps.
Agree. I tested Mad Max in HDR and it looked incredible on the Xbox One S.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Dynamic has to be turned on? I'm used to turning that off on every TV I own. It's needed for HDR to work?

I had it off. Everything else should've already been be as you guys suggested.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Dynamic has to be turned on? I'm used to turning that off on every TV I own. It's needed for HDR to work?

I had it off. Everything else should've already been be as you guys suggested.
Should be of. Content was mastered for HDR without further manipulation. But some do like the effect.

What settings are you using for SDR? HDR may look washed out or dim in comparison if your SDR is hitting whites way over 100 nits.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Has anybody come across this type of issue with their set. I just received yesterday and noticed something was off while watching and put in my test disc and had these weird dark arcs going across screen. I just processed an exchange just was wondering if this is a common issue with this set.

Attachments

·
Banned
425 Posts
Even so, the picture quality shouldn't drastically be reduced in the manner that it does. I mean it looks horrible. As if contrast was set to 0, backlight is at 0, and colors are at like 10.
One more suggestion. Someone said you can choose between 8 bit, 10 bit, and 12 bit in your Xbox One S display settings. Have you selected 10 bit?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Has anybody come across this type of issue with their set. I just received yesterday and noticed something was off while watching and put in my test disc and had these weird dark arcs going across screen. I just processed an exchange just was wondering if this is a common issue with this set.
You forgot to take the foam cover off the front of the screen. :laugh:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am about 90% sure that optical can only carry PCM (stereo) from the built in apps. The only way to get 5.1 would be to connect a 3rd party player (roku, ATV, etc) directly into the the sonos with the optical cable. Does any TV actually send 5.1 with the optical cable?

That is the only good thing about ARC, if you can get it working, and newer TVs. While it may not be the lossless kind, you can send 5.1, ATMOS, etc.

I love the way the sonos soundbar sounds, but not having HDMI really limits connectivity.
I have it hooked up to a vizio 5.1 soundbar via optical and can verify the apps pass 5.1 to the vizio. The light on the soundbar lights whenever 5.1 is coming through.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
One more suggestion. Someone said you can choose between 8 bit, 10 bit, and 12 bit in your Xbox One S display settings. Have you selected 10 bit?
Yes, I've tried all three. Same deal.

It's not my first rodeo. I spend days/weeks tweaking TVs. I'm pretty much a vet at getting things right, outside of color accuracy which I just find good settings to mess with online. Contrast/brightness, I'm usually dead on with what most of everyone else uses, and that's just by sight.

As I said, if Games on XB1 do HDR right, and apps, SDR, PS4 Pro all do HDR right, but I have JUST the problem with 4K Blu Rays in HDR (NOT SDR), then obviously something is up.

When you go to the dashboard, and it shows the small image of the movies playing, they look perfect. It is as SOON as you go back to fullscreen, that it visually changes in an instant to murky, ugly, garbage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
is the line going down the middle of the screen an issue or is it normal? Thank you
Looks like an issue. Try gently massaging the spot. Sometimes they go away. My friend had something on his Sony it IT went away after a couple of days. Hope it works.

Is it recommended to go through the hassle to exchange for another set if I can only see it in grey or light colours?I don't seem to be able to see it when I am directly facing the tv

·
Registered
3 Posts
is the line going down the middle of the screen an issue or is it normal? Thank you
I barely see something like that on my 65 inch but not my 55 inch when it is Off and I look at an unnaturally extreme angle like your photos. I think it's a physical merging of panel material for a larger screen, but I could be wrong.

Do you see it at typical viewing angles when watching TV? I don't and have forgotten all about it until reading your post.
I notice it more when I'm close to the tv and at more of an angle as seen in my photos. Not sure if this is common or will cause any issues down the road?

14281 - 14300 of 37301 Posts