AVS Forum banner

16821 - 16840 of 37175 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
One good thing is you can add channel to the channel menu (although you have to scroll thru them to get what you want ie it took a little while to get to channel 506 to add it) Its nice but using the cable remote would be much faster dependent upon how many channels you add
By mistake I deleted the NETFLIX app that was pinned to the bottom, as per your photo. While i can get NETFLIX on the line above, it is NOT PINNED... do you know how to PIN it back to the bottom??[/QUOTE]

Go into "My Apps" in apps. move to Netflix, hold down the enter button a few seconds until a pop-up menu appears, the first choice is add to home page, that is what you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I've searched this thread but couldn't find a working solution to screen dimming. There's no way to completely disable it?

It really bother me when i'm watching netflix and every dark scene the screen dim a lot.

Btw, all my eco solutions, dynamic contrast and smart LED are turned off and i'm using Movie mode, which is supposed to fix this problem right?

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
425 Posts
For those who no longer have the option to check the resolution on Netflix, did you get a new update for the Netflix app? Apparently a new one has been released, and it disables that option. I haven't received it yet. I heard that the Netflix UI looks different as well.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Oh alright thx for clearing that up for me so it only does with HDR material that makes sense so when watching stuff in 4K should you raise you're backlight to 20 or keep it lower?

Thx again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't have to raise the backlight when watching non-HDR 4K material. HDR includes wider color gamut as well as brighter highlights, both of which give greater "punch" to the image. Non-HDR 4K material pretty much follows Rec 709, the standard for 720p/1080i/1080p stuff, so you don't need to goose the settings for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a KS8000 49 inch online from Best Buy last week and picked it up at the store this week. I had downloaded the 1154 firmware yesterday during the day thinking I would need to update it. But when I checked the version on the new TV last night, it was already 1154.

Doc
Hmmmm, maybe it did the auto-update yesterday because I had to go through the ad acceptance thing when I got home.

And for some reason I lost the My Channels button where you can add your favorite channels. I wonder how you get that back?

Note: I a total newbie when it comes to this TV.

Doc

·
Registered
381 Posts
Amazon Prime Video launched globally today: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1481719529

I'm not home, but I'm wondering if anyone in Canada has been able to download the Amazon Video app on their TV yet?
I saw they updated their terms and conditions to include countries in which it will be available. Looks like Amazon original videos/programs are available in all markets, availablitiy of other movie videos and TV programs will be limited by licensing agreements with that country.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I was already seeing the ad in SmartHub before yesterday, so it seems this is just Samsung covering their butts in saying we "agreed" to it now. I did the same as you, as it wouldn't let me back into SmartHub without agreeing to Internet-based Advertisements. I went back into Terms and Policy and un-agreed from the Internet-based Advertisements. That seems to have removed the small ad within SmartHub. Which to me is an upgrade, since I didn't have an option to remove that ad in the past.

You've "un-agreed" to all the other Terms and Policy where it allows that option, without any adverse affect on your usage?
For me I don't see anything about Internet-based Advertisements - only Interest-based Advertisements. :)

I've always had that unticked, but it didn't stop the Google Play Movies advert from appearing in the bottom bar.

I see that they have changed those screens around. Settings->Support -> Terms has a "Nuance Privacy Notice" which I can't remember seeing before.
Instead of an "I agree" box (which would be left blank for me), I have an "I disagree" box, which is ticked.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe it did the auto-update yesterday because I had to go through the ad acceptance thing when I got home.

And for some reason I lost the My Channels button where you can add your favorite channels. I wonder how you get that back?

Note: I a total newbie when it comes to this TV.

Doc
Yeah, they warned us via their support page on the web that they will be removing favorite channels. Sad, I kind of liked it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
got my prime video test week going too.. installed the Amazon Video app, searched 4k and hdr content and.... nope got nothing, everything is just 1080p..

nowhere is a 4k hdr version of the grand tour etc.. what the hell.. is the global version HD only.. that sucks hard..

on a happy note.. I searched the quantum dot demo again on youtube and saw one from the user called "qnuigen or something like that.. and that video looked like crap very dull (not hdr, 4k though) then I searched the same video of the user" the hdr channel"

boom colors popping out of tv, darks and whites are amazeballs..

this was the clearest hdr vs sdr I've ever seen.. daaaaaamn

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Reactions: NTC

·
Banned
425 Posts
I saw they updated their terms and conditions to include countries in which it will be available. Looks like Amazon original videos/programs are available in all markets, availablitiy of other movie videos and TV programs will be limited by licensing agreements with that country.
Just downloaded it on my Android phone to test things out, and just noticed that not every original series is available globally. Bosch, for example, is not available in Canada.

·
Registered
465 Posts
For those who no longer have the option to check the resolution on Netflix, did you get a new update for the Netflix app? Apparently a new one has been released, and it disables that option. I haven't received it yet. I heard that the Netflix UI looks different as well.
Ya, info button doesnt do anything now. The interface looks the same to me. Yesterday, before the update, my return button and navigation buttons were not working, they appear to be fine now

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are doing the update OTA, give it time. With you doing stuff on the TV, that will slow the install. Wait for a message on the top of the screen that 1154 is installed.
Yup, the upgrade file is pretty big at over 1GB.

Is there a way to get notified when someone quotes you in a post? This thread expands so rapidly it's hard to keep up with who's replied to me sometimes.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Ya, info button doesnt do anything now. The interface looks the same to me. Yesterday, before the update, my return button and navigation buttons were not working, they appear to be fine now
Still works for me, but someone on another forum claimed there was an update to the Netflix app that changed the UI and disabled the info feature.

·
Registered
381 Posts
16821 - 16840 of 37175 Posts