AVS Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 4754 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I found that the Dynamic Contrast gives a more realistic picture when off, but gives you a little more "pop" when on. I have mine set to medium.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i purchased a 40" (UN40B6000) on friday 6/12/09

i'm having a problem where it is restarting itself when i power on

it only happens when i first turn it on and the restart itself only happens once

after the reset, the tv works beautifully

the restart happens a 1-2 minutes after i turn it on, it happens regardless of antenna being plugged or not

does anyone else have this problem?

i have tried updating the firmware, the current version installed is 1008 i believe but when i try to update i get a message that says "connection failed. (600)" as mentioned in this thread

any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprepotamus /forum/post/16655658

i purchased a 40" (UN40B6000) on friday 6/12/09

i'm having a problem where it is restarting itself when i power on

it only happens when i first turn it on and the restart itself only happens once

after the reset, the tv works beautifully

I had this problem at the start with my A950. I think it started when I began to fool with the settings in the systems menu (have to enter a code to access it). Once I calibrated the tv right it hasn't acted up again. So, you may want to try calibrating your tv for proper picture (turn dynamic stuff off and set RGB/etc). I think part of the hardware update samsung quietly did was to replace the power supply of the A950, i'm not sure if that may be related. Try the picture adjustments first, then maybe call samsung support.

·
Registered
250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseike /forum/post/16653157

I have an B8000.

I am wondering about a couple of things.. When I am running my Blu-ray player in 1080p/24 modus, my film mode option are greyed out in an off position. I have to set my blu-ray to 1080i for the film mode options to show.. what are these and what are the correct to do? I cant see any different in PQ with it on or of?.. I remember something similar on my 08 plasma where I had to run my blu-ray in 1080i to have the movie-pluss option awailable and be able to run 24p correct.. I know that even if I run in 1080i my tv will interlace the signals up to 1080p, but will I loos 24p when I do this?.. Please advice me on this!

Also, what is the deal with the dynamic contrast?.. Anybody that have studyed this and looked at what gives best picture. I tried to look at the autodimming to see what happen, but thougt it dimmed as much with it on as off..

Jens

I'm pretty sure film mode tells the tv that you are running content with 24 fps and it should make certain adjustments to dejudder. However, if the signal is 24p there is no need to tell it that since the 24p signal allows for the movie's fps to be in sync with the set's refresh rate without any 2:3 pull down.

As for dynamic contrast. If you are wanting the most accurate picture quality that reproduces what the source material intended then it is a good rule of thumb to never use any dynamic contrast type features. I know that professional calibrators turn these features off because it makes it impossible to achieve accurate calibration. So, use it if you like, but if you are calibrating for accuracy (which you should be), don't use it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello, is any one using a pronto or other universal remote with the new sammy LEDs?. Are there discrete codes for on/off, input, etc? If so , can you give me a link? thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaireroad
Hello, is any one using a pronto or other universal remote with the new sammy LEDs?. Are there discrete codes for on/off, input, etc? If so , can you give me a link? thanks
I'm working on it now, but for now, here's the PCF I've been working on (codes only).

LMK if this works for you.

Ed

UN55B6000.zip 174.154296875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
I noticed some montion blur on my 7000 today for the first time, once while watching true blood and the second time my children had a spy kids movie on. Anyone else experience bluring yet?

Here are my settings for 120hz should I make an adjustment if so what should I try?

Auto motion plus 120Hz: Custom

Custom settings:

Blur reduction: 10

Judder reduction: 0

Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just a reminder, there are question marks listed because I don't know what those codes do at the moment. It's possible they do something on the 7000/8000 series.

Ed

UN55B6000.txt 99.681640625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 /forum/post/16660093

I noticed some montion blur on my 7000 today for the first time, once while watching true blood and the second time my children had a spy kids movie on. Anyone else experience bluring yet?

Here are my settings for 120hz should I make an adjustment if so what should I try?

Auto motion plus 120Hz: Custom

Custom settings:

Blur reduction: 10

Judder reduction: 0

Thanks

If you tell me what disk and chapert i can take a look myself

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermifuge /forum/post/16662027

If you tell me what disk and chapert i can take a look myself

Wish I knew.

Do you have HBO on demand?

If so, in the true blood seaon premier there is a scene in the bar when the sherrif comes in with a trophy from a dance he one and as he goes and places it on the bar the trophy becomes very blurry.

Shuld judder be set higher?

Steven

·
Registered
250 Posts
From reading these impressions I'm getting the idea that the 6,7,8000 series is super cool for it's thin design but from a purely picture quality point of view it is perhaps not quite at the level of A750 or A850, certainly not the A950. I wonder if this means the upcoming B9000 will not quite be at the level of A950.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reading the manual for the 8000 series I see talk of an RF remote and a procedure for 'pairing' it with the TV. It also talks about the remote being a two-way remote. Anyone know if the remote is RF 'only'? I'd kind of like to be able to turn it on/off and adjust the volume with my Dish remote.

The feature that allows the TV to 'find' the remote by causing it to sound an alarm is kind of neat though.

·
Registered
310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 /forum/post/16662404

Wish I knew.

Do you have HBO on demand?

If so, in the true blood seaon premier there is a scene in the bar when the sherrif comes in with a trophy from a dance he one and as he goes and places it on the bar the trophy becomes very blurry.

Shuld judder be set higher?

Steven

Shoot i just picked up season 1 on BD. i don't have HBO

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys, I've jsut purchased a ue46b7000 and am very impressed.

Four quick questions, if I may!

I have my TV connected to my SKY+ box over scart and my XBOX360 over HDMI at 1080p.

1. I've changed the settings as per the ue40b7000 review over on HDTVTest. Whilst the colours looks great and natural, the blacks seem rather bland and i fear there is detail lost in shadow. This set has had some great reviews about the quality of the blacks, globall dimming aside, so it must be my settings. What are you guys using?

2.I am having problems with judder. It mainly seems to affect wide, slow panning shots. e.g. zoomed out shots of landscapes slowly panning. High speed shots seem fine (which I find odd!). I have tried adjusting the judder correction in the 100hz settings, but a setting of either 0 or 10 doesn't seem to do a lot. Disabling the 100hz setting removes the judder, but gives 'smearing'. I've only noticed it on the 1080p souce (xbox), but I have run SD and HD material though it. I wonder if the xbox is outputing SD at 1080p ...

Any tips?

3. When I get home i'll also upload a pic of the backlight bleed - it would be interesting to compare to what everyone else has - i'm not sure what it acceptable! - I wish I hadn't read the reviews because it is now annoying the hell out of me! I've got a further week left to return it if my set is bleeding more than average.

4. I read that the dimming can be diabled using the service menu, but 'info, mute, mute, power' doesn't seem to bring it up on mine. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys! - great source of information!

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpaddy /forum/post/16666828

Hi guys, I've jsut purchased a ue46b7000 and am very impressed.

Four quick questions, if I may!

4. I read that the dimming can be diabled using the service menu, but 'info, mute, mute, power' doesn't seem to bring it up on mine. Any thoughts?

Write down your present settings as they will all be reset once you go into the Service Menu.

Turn Melody off. Turn the set off.

with the set off, press Mute-1-8-2-Power

PLEASE BE ADVISED TAMPERING WITH YOUR SERVICE MENU MAY VERY WELL COMPLETELY DISABLE YOUR DISPLAY. -- NEVER do a user reset.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanc1 /forum/post/16668142

Write down your present settings as they will all be reset once you go into the Service Menu.

Turn Melody off. Turn the set off.

with the set off, press Mute-1-8-2-Power

PLEASE BE ADVISED TAMPERING WITH YOUR SERVICE MENU MAY VERY WELL COMPLETELY DISABLE YOUR DISPLAY. -- NEVER do a user reset.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I phoned Samsung to enquire about the bleeding issue and they have stated that I should accept no back light bleed whatsoever. Interesting...

I'm getting the set exchanged.

So what level of bleeding do you have?

2901 - 2920 of 4754 Posts